M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Gintani DCT Enhanced Oil Pan *New Product Introduction*

Gintani is very excited to introduce our new Gintani DCT Enhanced Oil Pan!

• Machined from Billet Aluminum 6061 (aluminum has more heat transfer properties to help soak heat from DCT oil compared to the stock plastic DCT oil pan).
• Enlarged outer cooling fins (to cool down DCT oil from heat transfer)
• Increased fluid capacity to promote cooler oil temperatures (stock holds 1 liter compared to ours which holds 2.65 liters).
• We provide a steel drain plug.
• Re-utilizes your stock DCT oil pan gasket.
• CNC’ed in-house at our Gintani facility (Made in USA).

For pricing, please refer to our thread in the Sponsors Classified Section: HERE

*Compatible with the E9X M3, 2011-14 135i, 335iS, F10 M5, and F12/3 M6 DCT.

In the next 2-3 weeks, we plan to provide a full kit as well for those who want to take it a step further. Our Gintani DCT Enhanced Oil Pan will be upgrade-able for those who purchase the pan now and want to purchase the full kit later.

Our full kit will include the Gintani DCT Enhanced Oil Pan, 1 Auxiliary Oil Cooler, 2 SPAL Fans, XRP Teflon Oil Lines, and 1 External Oil Pump to promote even further DCT Oil cooling. Our Gintani DCT Enhanced Oil Pan provides plenty of cooling for the average enthusiast, but those who want to ensure the best cooling whether on the track or street, the full kit will provide the best DCT oil cooling in the market.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Office: 818-787-8260
Email: Charles@gintani.com

Thank you!

4/24/14 - Here is a picture of our prototype on our E92 M3 shop car. The pan was not andonized as our production line will be.

Last edited by Charles@Gintani.com; 04-23-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Looks like a nice product. I understand what it does, but what benefits would one would see as the driver?
[/B]
(PS, you forgot to close your bold tag. On the mobile app all new posts show up as bold. I just did it for you).
      04-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
Looks like a nice product. I understand what it does, but what benefits would one would see as the driver?
[/B]
(PS, you forgot to close your bold tag. On the mobile app all new posts show up as bold. I just did it for you).
Thank you for that! If you plan to track, drag race, or do any burnouts in your car - the DCT will experience more reliability and longevity (won't go into limp mode as others have experienced).

Here is one M3Post member experiencing this: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840001
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Gintani.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
[/B]
Thank you for that! If you plan to track, drag race, or do any burnouts in your car - the DCT will experience more reliability and longevity (won't go into limp mode as others have experienced).

Here is one M3Post member experiencing this: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840001
Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining.
      04-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Has this been tested on a m5 and mileage tested with it on? Can you share some of the results and install photos ?

This is something I would pursues with the right back up to justify the cost.
      04-17-2014, 12:00 AM   #6
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Has this been tested on a m5 and mileage tested with it on? Can you share some of the results and install photos ?

This is something I would pursues with the right back up to justify the cost.
I do not have any test results or pictures at the moment, I will try to provide pictures ASAP.

We currently run our pan on our shop car's E92 M3 with a fully built motor + Stage 3 Supercharger Kit (more than 700whp). We noticed our E92 M3 was having heating issues with the DCT which resulted in us developing our enhanced pan to alleviate the issue. Ever since we installed the pan, the DCT has been working flawlessly without any issues.

Additionally, we noticed the stock DCT pans are made of plastic so we decided to make ours out of billet aluminum 6061 and while we were at it, we added cooling fins (as aluminum has more heat transfer properties) and provide a larger capacity for oil to further promote oil cooling.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
Tom C
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC Comp, Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Gintani.com View Post

I can see pushing the tranny hard on a road course could easily cause an overheating problem...but burn outs on a drag strip and 1/4 mile runs? I could maybe see running the car multiple times without any cool down would cause some heat issues...but the engine would probably be heat soaked as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I can see pushing the tranny hard on a road course could easily cause an overheating problem...but burn outs on a drag strip and 1/4 mile runs? I could maybe see running the car multiple times without any cool down would cause some heat issues...but the engine would probably be heat soaked as well.
I ran it 10+ times back to back to back vs. a gt500 and never had issues oil temps only went a bar or two over the mid point.. I think there are some upgrades compared to the m3 gen DCT.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #9
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
I ran it 10+ times back to back to back vs. a gt500 and never had issues oil temps only went a bar or two over the mid point.. I think there are some upgrades compared to the m3 gen DCT.
Correct. The F10 & F12/3 M6 DCT is different and improved from the E9X M3 platform, but utilize the same DCT pan across the board.

E9X M3 = Getrag 7DCI600
F10 M5 & F12/3 M6 = Getrag GS7D36BG

Using RealOEM.com, the DCT oil pan for all cars listed above are: 28107842385

Either way, we are incredibly excited to announce our new DCT Enhanced oil pan because we love to improve areas for preventative and cooling purposes. I personally come from an E36 and E46 M3 platform and there are a lot of parts that are geared to accomplish this in the market. For example: upgraded oil coolers, finned differential covers, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #10
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Here is a picture of our prototype on our E92 M3 shop car. The pan was not andonized as our production line will be.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #11
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Due to the request of others, we will be re-locating the Gintani logo and adding more cooling fins in place of the logo.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

After a lot of consideration, we have chosen to place a smaller Gintani logo on the bottom of the pan to optimize cooling fins and save costs. We opted not to place our logo on the side of the pan as it would add an additional step into our machining process and we simply felt the logo being placed where we did was the best location.

We are finishing up the pans today and sending them out to be andonized this afternoon. We should have our first batch available any day now. Thank you for everyone's patience.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Gintani.com View Post
After a lot of consideration, we have chosen to place a smaller Gintani logo on the bottom of the pan to optimize cooling fins and save costs.
Thank you for reducing the logo and providing more fin area for cooling. It hasn't been clear in the pictures I've seen of the pan, but are there threaded openings on the end of the pan for use in connecting the oil cooler? Are they plugged for those of us who won't need the cooler?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #14
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
Thank you for reducing the logo and providing more fin area for cooling. It hasn't been clear in the pictures I've seen of the pan, but are there threaded openings on the end of the pan for use in connecting the oil cooler? Are they plugged for those of us who won't need the cooler?
Yes, they are plugged. You can always pull the plug out and replace it with a fitting which will be provided with our full oil cooling system (for those who are interested in the future).
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #15
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Didn't you guys get a new m6? It would be a good idea to test the pan on it and provide final studies. I think a lot of guys on here are about final results and don't really care how you get there as long as it benefits the car and you can prove that the part works.
      05-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

To piggy back on what Turbo said, Seems to me a good validation of your product is the only way you guys will make any money off of us. Just putting it out there just wont do it.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #17
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
To piggy back on what Turbo said, Seems to me a good validation of your product is the only way you guys will make any money off of us. Just putting it out there just wont do it.
It looks like a good product to me, but they have experience with the E92 M3 and are not aware of the subtle differences from the M5 DCT. I asked them if the increased depth of their pan would cause interference with the plastic cover that is below the DCT pan on the M5. I don't believe they were aware of that cover until I pointed them to a picture on this site. They then answered that it would not be compatible with their pan and would have to be removed. I'd like to have them actually mount their DCT radiator cooling system on the M5 to make sure it will fit as they intend. The exhaust could easily be different from the M3 and the line routing, and even radiator location might have to be different as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:27 PM   #18
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Didn't you guys get a new m6? It would be a good idea to test the pan on it and provide final studies. I think a lot of guys on here are about final results and don't really care how you get there as long as it benefits the car and you can prove that the part works.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
It looks like a good product to me, but they have experience with the E92 M3 and are not aware of the subtle differences from the M5 DCT. I asked them if the increased depth of their pan would cause interference with the plastic cover that is below the DCT pan on the M5. I don't believe they were aware of that cover until I pointed them to a picture on this site. They then answered that it would not be compatible with their pan and would have to be removed. I'd like to have them actually mount their DCT radiator cooling system on the M5 to make sure it will fit as they intend. The exhaust could easily be different from the M3 and the line routing, and even radiator location might have to be different as well.
We are test fitting it onto our shop's F13 M6. I wasn't aware of the cover over the DCT as I am new to the company and still learning the ropes. Just like for the M5/M6, the M3 must forfeit the plastic cover which my engineers were aware of, but I (the new sales person) was not. Thanks!

Last edited by Charles@Gintani.com; 05-08-2014 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #19
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

I think it's an awesome concept and hope its works. If it betters our car I would get one
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #20
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Welcome to the boards then. You work for a great company.
      05-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #21
Drm5
Private First Class
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 sakhir orange

Thumbs up

sound like a very good product for us down in the tropics...!!! Hot weather year round... I am interested, but would like to see it placed on the M6 and some initial results...Hi greentrbo95gsty just wondering what type of tyres and brand did u have on your car for that 1/4 mile....I need to control some of the spinning for next week..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 11:59 AM   #22
Charles@Gintani.com
Rep

Quote:
I think it's an awesome concept and hope its works. If it betters our car I would get one
Thanks! We are placing it on our shop car's F13 M6 as soon as my boss receives his car back from the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Welcome to the boards then. You work for a great company.
Thank you! I've known the guys at Gintani for some time and the timing worked out for both of us to have me join the team. I am very fortunate for this opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm5 View Post
sound like a very good product for us down in the tropics...!!! Hot weather year round... I am interested, but would like to see it placed on the M6 and some initial results...Hi greentrbo95gsty just wondering what type of tyres and brand did u have on your car for that 1/4 mile....I need to control some of the spinning for next week..
You got it, we will update more once we install it onto our F13 M6!
Appreciate 0