M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

08-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #23
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karney5 View Post
I could be wrong, but he made it seems it's a done deal. Granted they own the Porsche dealership, but he's a client of mine and we have our annual review tomorrow, I'll ask him about it. From what he mentioned off offhandedly, 918 owners got emails saying they could go place orders. I'll double check with tomorrow and come back to ya.

You picking up a 991.2 GT3?
I have no desire to move my RS for the .2. My opinion I look at performance, and the .2 is slightly better than the .1 which next gen should always be better. Also I don't care for a manual becaus the manual performance is less than the PDK. Too many flip cars for the new one, and will not push the car to its limit vs. saying I have the new GT3. I have an allocation for summer 18 but I will not take it. Also I will only sell my RS for a RS. My Porsche buddy asked did I want to be on list for the G2RS, and I just can't imagine paying 350k for a 911 variant. Great car, but it's beyond my mental limit for a car. The more expensive the less you will drive it hard. I'm very careful with my RS when I found out a fender is 14k crazy man.
You're buddy will surly get one being a dealer!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #24
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
I have no desire to move my RS for the .2. My opinion I look at performance, and the .2 is slightly better than the .1 which next gen should always be better. Also I don't care for a manual becaus the manual performance is less than the PDK. Too many flip cars for the new one, and will not push the car to its limit vs. saying I have the new GT3. I have an allocation for summer 18 but I will not take it. Also I will only sell my RS for a RS. My Porsche buddy asked did I want to be on list for the G2RS, and I just can't imagine paying 350k for a 911 variant. Great car, but it's beyond my mental limit for a car. The more expensive the less you will drive it hard. I'm very careful with my RS when I found out a fender is 14k crazy man.
You're buddy will surly get one being a dealer!
Oh whoops, I thought you had a GT3, but I must have you confused with stealth pilot, just saw you sig with the GT3RS! That's awesome! Did you have a GT3 beforehand?

Yeah the GT2RS is just way too much, $300k+, which is why I'm passing on it. Im still conflicted on which direction I want to go. Is it time for me to dip my toes into a Lamborghini or is it too soon? Don't want to run out cars to try before I hit 25, lol.

Trying to find a nice M6 that's fully loaded to hold me over until later this year so I can pick up a Huracan or a 570s cheaply.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 04:57 AM   #25
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

My dealer told me that GT2RS is excluded from the 918 VIP program now, so 918 owners don't automatically get allocations. Not sure if it's true or not, this machine is out of my budget anyways. But I am still pissed at how they handle/play .2 GT3 allocations.
      09-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #26
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Porsche is one of the few car companies that really gets it. REALLY. <------
I hope I just can't read the sarcasm cause I view them like I do Dodge or Chevy where they talk the talk about "no dealer markups, we want drivers to drive" but then the same games are still going on with allocations or letting the guy with the cash but wants to use the car get ahold of them.

I had this problem with the Gt3 allocation before they all started catching on fire. I will say if you get your hands on one its a good way to not get killed by depreciation like most cars, see lots of them with good chunks of miles 8-20k still selling very well.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 03:34 AM   #27
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Just set the new ring record.

6 min. 47.3 seconds.

Appreciate 0