M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-12-2021, 08:03 PM   #1
RideZX6R
The Stig's southern cousin
Rep
Drives: SS1LE 427, E92M3, Ram, EV6

Common Maintenance items / Repairs with higher mileage M5s?

Hey all,

Probably getting a '13 M5 as a 4th car.

We have a '17 Civic Touring Coupe, an F150 Platinum Diesel, and a '17 Camaro SS 1LE Race car (cage, buckets, very wild aero etc). The Civic is the wife's DD, the Camaro is road legal but I don't love getting in/out of the bucket seats to just go get errands and the truck is great for truck things, but definitely not fun at all. I'd like something fun and still somewhat practical for when I need to do errands, take trips, basically something more roomy than the Civic but easier to park than the truck, splitting the difference and adding fun.

Anywho, I have a budget and it will put me likely into a 13 M5 with 60-80k miles...

From what I've heard, the S63 is a pretty reliable engine and the DCT is as well.

I plan to buy a stock car and have a PPI done buy a dealer, but I'm wondering what I should be on the lookout for specifically at this mileage? This can definitely be non-driveline things, IE if the adaptive dampers tend to be worn out by then or specific bushings, or interior trim etc etc - Basically, what tends to fail at the 60-80k mileage mark?

Additionally if I wanted to do filters, downpipes, and a tune for 93 - Is the S63 still reliable at that power level? Is the DCT?

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0