Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-08-2022, 05:37 AM   #1
Annieclover
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3

New owner question

Hi All,

Have done a search for these but can't find the answer. Just a couple which I hope someone can answer:

1. Is there a way to have a visual readout of the volume level for audio? I know you can hear the volume! but it's nice to have a level reading especially if you happen to adjust it during the dead space between music tracks

2. Is it possible via coding to have the tailgate open when the car is locked via the remote button? My previous 4x4 had this allowing you to open the tailgate while leaving the main doors locked. When you then closed the tailgate, the car armed again without any further inputs on the remote.

Thanks for any info.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2022, 11:36 AM   #2
BoostedAvus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 M3, 2016 M5 comp

1. The volume has a bar that should show on the idrive screen

2. yes you can code it to open and close with the key as well as the trunk button in the car
M5_Raz514.00
      06-08-2022, 11:57 AM   #3
M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

1. What Avus said above. There's no actual volume number though.

2. You can already open it while the doors are locked, at least mine works that way without coding.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2022, 09:54 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annieclover View Post
Hi All,

Have done a search for these but can't find the answer. Just a couple which I hope someone can answer:

1. Is there a way to have a visual readout of the volume level for audio? I know you can hear the volume! but it's nice to have a level reading especially if you happen to adjust it during the dead space between music tracks

2. Is it possible via coding to have the tailgate open when the car is locked via the remote button? My previous 4x4 had this allowing you to open the tailgate while leaving the main doors locked. When you then closed the tailgate, the car armed again without any further inputs on the remote.

Thanks for any info.
I’m confused…your info indicates you own an X3 and you also ask about a “tailgate” …this is the f10 M5 (sedan) forum. Did you perhaps wander into this forum unknowingly?

In regard to the tailgate…on my f15 X5…you can select in iDrive if you want to unlock the tailgate without unlocking the doors. I can’t tell which version of iDrive you have…but it should be somewhere in your SETTINGs….on my version it is under Door/Tailgate.

In the pics below…you can see where it is located in the NBT/ID4 version of iDrive. I don’t have pics of the Tailgate selection…but it is just like the selection for the doors. You select door, and you can choose if you want only the driver’s door or all doors to open…do the same for the tailgate to select if you want it to unlock all the doors or just the tailgate:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 06-22-2022 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0