BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

05-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

M5 DCT "Creep Mode"

I just wrote a somewhat long post on the iPhone BimmerPost app and after I hit send "Message Not Sent". Here is a tip.. whenever writing a post on the iPhone, always select all and copy before pressing send! Aghh..
Here is the condensed version:

The DCT's creep mode feature.. IMO it seems to just simply be counterproductive when maneuvering the M5. Especially when parking in a tight area or trying to navigate within a tight area. Also when you just want to move up a little you have to then hit the brake in order to exit creep mode instead of just allowing the car to stop on its own momentum.

Is there any mechanical need or purpose for this creep mode feature? Or is the feature simply a software add-on? It seems as if M wanted to make the M5 DCT behave more like an automatic than a manual (like the SMG).

I'm not sure the exact name for it, so I refer to it as "creep mode". Anyone look into this or come across anything when coding that has to do with this? It would be great if it could be deactivated or altered via simple coding.. or maybe it is within the TCU module.. or maybe it's not possible?

Is is possible to "code out" this creep mode feature?