BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #67
Just_Joe_M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

Thanks Stealth. That helps.

I recently owned a 997 (with Bose sound) that had annoying vibration during phone calls but didn't happen when listening to radio, cd or aux music sources.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #68
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Didn't get a very strong read on the MDM mode. It's hard to compare without driving flat out. Did seem to lose traction a bit more easily which concerned me. I actually prefer the MDM configuration from the E60 M5 which had a bit more intervention.

I wonder if your experience with M5 and M6 may have something to do with condition of tires on the two cars.
Not likely tires as all three cars have very low miles. ie: new tires and same tires as well.

Honestly, I rarely drive the M5 since buying the M6 because I enjoy the M6 so much more. I drove the M5 for the last 2 days and that is the most I have driven it in a month. M6 really is much sportier driving car.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #69
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
COLDLIST
What? You going with PEACH now? I'll stop in today and laugh at you!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #70
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
Coldlist, dont get my wrong, m5 was at home, drove with the gt2 to bmw münich in Germany were i had a test drive first on the m6 with out CP and than the m6 with CP and ceramics.

i drove the same roads with both car the same day just 2 hours between.

i felt there was less body roll on the m6 cp, less traction controll issues when on highway 100kmh 3 gear than full trottel up to around 280kmh /175mph and what surprised me when braking hard on high speed the cp m6 was less diving into dampers than the non cp m6. Could also be with the spring rates...

Comparing driving skills to ramp speed istn may cup of tea, i do prefere more the Nürburgring for challenged driving or other race tracks..

I do agree every one has other preferences, but i do like the cp on the m6.
Oh no, I think you might have interpreted what I meant incorrectly. I AGREE with you on all points.

Glad to hear those comparisons you have made. Makes me even more anxious for mine to arrive!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #71
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maem2501 View Post
B&O lighting brightness issue persists.

Stealth,

I saw a Technical Services regarding the B&O illumination issues, but I don't if this really will fix this issue

SI B65 08 13
Audio, Navigation, Monitors, Alarms, SRS August 2013
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Bang & Olufsen Sound System: Loudspeaker Illumination
MODEL
F01

F02

F02H

F06

F07

F10

Produced from July 2012 to June 2013 with option 6F2 (Bang & Olufsen Sound System)

F12

F13

Produced from March 2012 to June 2013 with option 6F2 (Bang & Olufsen Sound System)

situation
One or more of the following situations may occur concerning the illumination of the Bang & Olufsen sound system loudspeakers:

Illumination is insufficient (not bright enough)
Illumination is not available on all loudspeakers
Brightness cannot be adjusted

cause
Loudspeaker illumination settings are dependent on the model:

Different brightness characteristics
Not all loudspeakers are illuminated

information
Explain to the customer that loudspeaker illumination can vary from model to model.

For an overview of the illuminated loudspeakers, refer to the attachment.

IMPORTANT: The current version of the Owner’s Manual for 5 Series vehicles is incorrect.

On 5 Series vehicles (F07 and F10), only the main loudspeaker (moving part) in the dashboard and the two loudspeakers in the mirror triangles in the front doors are illuminated.

The Owner’s Manuals for 5 Series vehicles will be corrected with start of production of the MY2014 vehicles (July 2013).

correction
Only for vehicles produced from March 2013.

The illumination of the Bang & Olufsen loudspeakers can be adjusted through programming the vehicle with ISTA/P 2.50.0 or later.

Follow the procedure below.

procedure
Do not replace parts!

Perform a vehicle test using the latest ISTA (Integrated Service Technical Application) diagnostic software.

Note: When the ISTA system message displays: Battery voltage only “XX.XX” V. Please connect charger. Please note the displayed battery voltage reading in the repair order comments section. This documentation is not necessary when part of an approved Technical Service repair procedure; the battery charger is required to be attached before performing the Vehicle Test.

Reprogram the vehicle using ISTA/P 2.50.2 or later.

F01/F02 - New integration level: F001-13-07-500 or higher

F07/F10 - New integration level: F010-13-07-500 or higher

F12/F13 - New integration level: F010-13-07-500 or higher

Note that ISTA/P will automatically reprogram and code all programmable control modules that do not have the latest software.

For information on programming and coding with ISTA/P, refer to CenterNet / Aftersales Portal / Service / Workshop Technology / Vehicle Programming.

warranty information
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle/SAV Limited Warranty.
Defect Code: 65 12 35 86 00

Labor Operation: Labor Allowance: Description:
00 00 006 Refer to KSD2 Performing “vehicle test” (with vehicle diagnosis system – checking faults)
and if necessary, also
61 21 528 Refer to KSD2 Charging battery
and
61 00 730 Refer to KSD2 Programming/encoding control unit(s)

Labor operation code 00 00 006 is a Main labor operation. If you are using a Main labor code for another repair, use the Plus code labor operation 00 00 556 instead.

Refer to KSD2 for the corresponding flat rate unit (FRU) allowance. Enter the Chassis Number, which consists of the last 7 digits of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Click on the “Search” button, and then enter the applicable flat rate labor operation in the FR code field.

If a control module was working properly and/or had no related faults stored prior to vehicle programming and it fails to program correctly or requires initialization, this additional work must be claimed with separate labor operations under the defect code listed above; refer to KSD2.
This has driven me NUTS on my M5 and STARCHILD has made sure to rub it in quite a bit!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #72
DietCokeOfEvil
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un Gato Malodoro View Post
Awesome, thanks for the comparo, Stealth. I was curious what your opinion of the new grill would be as relates to LI placement; from the pictures I'd seen it didn't look like a good fit. However, now that I know otherwise, I'd consider getting the new grill for my 2013. From where did you get the $150 retrofit figure? Thanks!
I do not think you can order a grill yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #73
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

I was able to get a really good deal on my 13 M5 and thought maybe I should have waited for the LCI. But after reading stealth's post I'm glad I pulled the trigger 4 months ago. This M4 is starting to look good tho.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #74
m-ch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post

Glad to hear those comparisons you have made. Makes me even more anxious for mine to arrive!

Thanks!
I wasnt sure if i should go the cls 63S amg or the pana turbo S, but after introducing the comp paket on the m6 i am sure that the m6 is the better car for strightline performance on unlimited highways where i drive a lot.
I do not race from a standstill, i dont use my m6 in wintertimes so there was absolutly no need for me for a 4w drive car.

Looking forward as you do. At first i thought to keep the m5 with the m6 but as you mentiond, the m6 is just more fun and closer the the a sportscar as the m5 is..., so i think i wil sell the m5 instead just sitting in my garage..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #75
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
I wasnt sure if i should go the cls 63S amg or the pana turbo S, but after introducing the comp paket on the m6 i am sure that the m6 is the better car for strightline performance on unlimited highways where i drive a lot.
I do not race from a standstill, i dont use my m6 in wintertimes so there was absolutly no need for me for a 4w drive car.

Looking forward as you do. At first i thought to keep the m5 with the m6 but as you mentiond, the m6 is just more fun and closer the the a sportscar as the m5 is..., so i think i wil sell the m5 instead just sitting in my garage..
Agreed 100% on your choice. The Porsches just didn't do it for me and I while I thing the AMG is an AWESOME car, I just like the more raw feel/look of the M6.

I am STILL on the fence about hanging on to the M5 as well but I think with an F12 M6 already in the garage, I prob. will just go ahead with the trade as planned.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #76
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliceM5 View Post
This M4 is starting to look good tho.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #77
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
+1
Yes it is! It was very funny today because a friend gave me a ride in his new (to him) E46 M3 6MT. It was soooo much fun. Like the good old days when these cars were built to whip around corners too!
Appreciate 0