M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Closed Thread

08-29-2013, 06:53 AM   #45
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

car is stunning. Even though I am a BMW guy I would love to have this car!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #46
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
how do you know "it sucks" as car car to drive on the street if youve never driven one?

the reviews said how remarkably easy the gt3 would be to live with as a daily driver. and how the ride was so much more compliant than the previous gt3! this is a big part of what would make me get one, as i would not take it to the track very often, if at all.

here in canada we're lucky,(in this instance) - if i put a deposit now, id be 5th in line on the next deliveries which would put me somewhere around a march-june delivery which be perfect. (snow's gone in early may)

1st ones are arrivng in edmonton in november to customers.

and they told me wont be charging a penny over msrp.

so, a gt3 could be mine for about 5K above the price of an optimally equipped carrera s.
It's 15k over, and I love the GT3. In the states it will be a crazy mark up if you can find one, and we're not paying MSRP on the S. One positive about a cold economy you can deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #47
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Wow Mike, I'm surprised! Congratulations!!!

I personally blame Vic.

Now you have me wondering about Porsche. Lol!
Thanks Dave and I COMPLETELY blame him and Henry too!

You will probably be just like me. You'll drive it and think "this thing is a dog. Where's the power?" but it will draw you back in until you finally realize how remarkable the car is. I would never have bought it had I not taken it out by myself and beat it up so hard. Those revs are just music to your ears. And as much as you like sound-lol! Go listen to one with Sport exhaust! Not only is it loud but is sounds "right"-like a serious performance tuned machine.

I know this all might sound like I am just a dud way too excited about his car but I assure you I am not like that at all. I buy cars and they are just "cars" and I have some fun with them and dump them. This is truly a work of art. I mean you get in it and you just feel like you are "one" with the thing. Usually, I stay up the first night of ownership for a few extra hours and read through the owner's manual and figure out the systems of the car. In this one I hardly care- I laid in bed all night thinking of excuses to get out and drive it today-which I will be doing in about 30 mins!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:28 AM   #48
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
how do you know "it sucks" as car car to drive on the street if youve never driven one?

the reviews said how remarkably easy the gt3 would be to live with as a daily driver. and how the ride was so much more compliant than the previous gt3! this is a big part of what would make me get one, as i would not take it to the track very often, if at all.

here in canada we're lucky,(in this instance) - if i put a deposit now, id be 5th in line on the next deliveries which would put me somewhere around a march-june delivery which be perfect. (snow's gone in early may)

1st ones are arrivng in edmonton in november to customers.

and they told me wont be charging a penny over msrp.

so, a gt3 could be mine for about 5K above the price of an optimally equipped carrera s.
I should have chosen my words more carefully-"sucks" is probably not correct-especially since I like a stiffer ride. What I should have said was it will be a LOT less comfortable and not extremely suitable for DD-this according to several people at Porsche that I have spoken to over the past few months. The C2S was recommended to me as well by a high level guy here at the Porsche headquarters in Atl (about 15 mins form my house). We talked for quite a while about the benefits of this particular model according to my intended use.

It is a GREAT car no matter which model you choose. I would jump all over it if I were you. That GT3 will be AMAZING!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #49
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Congrats Mike, we will see how long this one lasts
Looks great enjoy.
Lol John! I was going to PPM you last night and tell you that I lost the bet before we even got started!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #50
FLOMACKS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60

what about the seats? i felt like they were a little narrow at the top of my back. could just be that i'm way to jacked from the "anti-aging" meds.
2015 S63AMG Sedan
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #51
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M KID
Sweet car! I was scared to drive it because I need a 4 door car for my profession and had I driven a Porsche I probably would have purchased it. I do LOVE my M5. Only have 70 miles on it...
Why not a Panny S or GTS? Nice car Coldlist. I love them and would buy one if I could fit in it comfortably (too tall).
      08-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #52
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Why not a Panny S or GTS? Nice car Coldlist. I love them and would buy one if I could fit in it comfortably (too tall).
Man you must be seriously tall! I am 6'2" and I am very comfortable.

As for the Panamera, I wanted super sporty and light.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #53
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllwlf View Post
what about the seats? i felt like they were a little narrow at the top of my back. could just be that i'm way to jacked from the "anti-aging" meds.
They don;t bother me a bit. I will say that the second time I drove this particular car they felt a tiny bit tight but I got completely used to it and they sort of just "it" perfectly now.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #54
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Man you must be seriously tall! I am 6'2" and I am very comfortable.

As for the Panamera, I wanted super sporty and light.
I am 6 ft 6 inches. The 991 is kind of tight for me. If I got one it would be my daily and I wear a suit most days. My m3 is as small as I can go. The Panny drives great too, but not a sports car like the 991.
      08-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #55
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllwlf View Post
They don;t bother me a bit. I will say that the second time I drove this particular car they felt a tiny bit tight but I got completely used to it and they sort of just "it" perfectly now.
I agree. It is the legroom or lack thereof that I have a problem with. In Porsche's defense the car is quite accommodating given its size.
      08-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #56
m-ch
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Just curios, how are you able to cancel a ordered car (M6) with out a hugue Penalty. My case i paid half of the m6 cp when orderd and other half upon delivery. I couldnt imagin to cancel ( i dont want to cancel at all.) without huge penalty payement...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #57
dhirm5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP, 2014 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
Just curios, how are you able to cancel a ordered car (M6) with out a hugue Penalty. My case i paid half of the m6 cp when orderd and other half upon delivery. I couldnt imagin to cancel ( i dont want to cancel at all.) without huge penalty payement...
I paid 1000 to order. If I cancel, I lose that K. No biggie.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #58
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Late to the public party-- but I have about 37 PM's of frank and honest dialogue with Mike about this car. I never pulled any punches and he was entirely receptive.

What cant be said enough is the judgement of the car on an intitial test drive; most of us, if not all, will not push the car or drive in the proper modes. Mike and I both agree that the mash and go stop light racer of the M5 likes will not jump up and down for this car; even though you can constantly rattle off upper 3 second 0-60 launches regularly with a normal launch control for dummies process vs the laborious F10 method. The nuetrality of the chassis is shocking at speeds that I normally dont achieve except in my R8- and thats an entry level super car. I mean the 991 isnt slow- it still pulls off pretty incredible quartermile times and trap speeds (for those who use that measuring stick- I do not).

But the sound, ohhhhhhhh the sound of this car and the chassis with the perfect balance. The one thing that also sold me was the vast improvement on the interior with the 991 vs my previous turbos (997.2, 997.1, 996). We both also agreed that we feel part of the car than maybe human in a shell feeling that we get from GT cruisers like the F13 and F10.

Congrats on this car, rhodium is the best silver out there for Pcars with that slight hint of blue... the aero kit is fucking aggressive.

You didnt just come to the Dark Side, you came to the Right Side!!!!!!!

You have now earned the title: Jedi Knight.

LOL
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 08-29-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #59
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-ch View Post
Wow! I only put $1k deposit plus I am pretty close with my dealer. I bet I will get that back as well. I have not asked yet. Wanted to break the news gently and then mention it. I have bought 2 other M cars in 6 months from them. They know I am a good customer.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #60
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Late to the public party-- but I have about 37 PM's of frank and honest dialogue with Chris about this car. I never pulled any punches and he was entirely receptive.

What cant be said enough is the judgement of the car on an intitial test drive; most of us, if not all, will not push the car or drive in the proper modes. Chris and I both agree that the mash and go stop light racer of the M5 likes will not jump up and down for this car; even though you can constantly rattle off upper 3 second 0-60 launches regularly with a normal launch control for dummies process vs the laborious F10 method. The nuetrality of the chassis is shocking at speeds that I normally dont achieve except in my R8- and thats an entry level super car. I mean the 991 isnt slow- it still pulls off pretty incredible quartermile times and trap speeds (for those who use that measuring stick- I do not).

But the sound, ohhhhhhhh the sound of this car and the chassis with the perfect balance. The one thing that also sold me was the vast improvement on the interior with the 991 vs my previous turbos (997.2, 997.1, 996). We both also agreed that we feel part of the car than maybe human in a shell feeling that we get from GT cruisers like the F13 and F10.

Congrats on this car, rhodium is the best silver out there for Pcars with that slight hint of blue... the aero kit is fucking aggressive.

You didnt just come to the Dark Side, you came to the Right Side!!!!!!!

You have now earned the title: Jedi Knight.

LOL
Yeah Vic, agreed n ALL points. thanks again for all of the help in getting me through this freaking mind-twisting, gut-wrenching-take 3 years off of my life decision!-lol!

I LOVE the kit and the Rhodium Silver. What a great combo. Makes the car look very unique.

"Right" and "Light" and just in time for Caffeine & Octane on Sunday. Henry and I are going to enjoy checking out each other's cars there. Last time it was our M cars-this time P cars.

She will be sitting nice and loooooowww by then!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #61
dhirm5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP, 2014 X5 35d

So are you keeping the M5? Where will you put the kids now that both your cars are effectively two seaters?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #62
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Right on! Love the car. Can't decide if I want to wait for my lease to be up on the M5 or just turn it in and go P-car now. But I really want that GT3...DAMN! Decisions decisions.
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #63
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhirm5 View Post
So are you keeping the M5? Where will you put the kids now that both your cars are effectively two seaters?
Hahahaha! Thought WAY ahead on this one. I leased a new F150 Super Crew in April!

LOVE my kids and would give up my life for them but I decided that it was time to get a car for "me" (well-I did make sure that I had at lest some sort of back seat so Gavin (my 8 yr old car nut) could go for rides with me. He got in it last night and said "wow! this is the most comfortable back seat I have ever sat in. It just wraps around me!" (he did comment "no soft close doors" though-lol!)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #64
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Right on! Love the car. Can't decide if I want to wait for my lease to be up on the M5 or just turn it in and go P-car now. But I really want that GT3...DAMN! Decisions decisions.
Thanks man! I can tell you for CERTAIN that if you read Vic's comments above you will TOTALLY get it. This is PRECISELY how the car is. You will NOT love it on your first test drive because you have to come down form the M5 Torque Juice.

But after you drive it several times and get it up to speed on the highway it is game over. And the launch...wow! As Vic said-not rocket science like the M5. And you actually get "control" not "spin sideways and watch the other guy take off".

I can tell you without question that it is by far the best move I have ever made. I was so committed to sticking with the M6 order or just keeping my M5. I actually started to turn around on my way to the dealer the last time I test drove it. It was like I was fighting myself but I just could not help myself. As Henry wold say "The Force is strong"-lol!

I shutter to think about how close I came to not allowing myself to experience ownership of this glorious machine.-quite literally.

Of course, I do have an M car in the garage to enjoy too when I get that need for a crazy torque run!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #65
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Now I know you will be adverse to this but 21 inch forged wheels are lighter than the classics:

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #66
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Now I know you will be adverse to this but 21 inch forged wheels are lighter than the classics:

Seriously, I HATE you-lol!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread