BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
The Smurf - MCB 6MT M5 (Latest addition to the family)

Whats up guys, figured it was time to introduce myself to the M5Post members, along with the latest addition to the family.

You can find my main introduction post w/ a review of my previous cars on 5Post: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943686

I had plans to pick up a new BMW lease sometime towards the summer of this year, but plans cut short. My in-law leased an F10 550i M-Sport back in 2011, which as of January, 2014... had 6 months remaining on the lease. He's been shopping around for a new car since last summer, always keeping an eye out for the best deal he can get his hands on, and nothing appealed to him for the price range he was aiming for ($800-$1000/m lease).

Few days before Christmas, he came across a demo special... and decided to pull the trigger and go see it in person.

Upon discussing some options; for him to get out of his lease early, and have the excess millage from the 550i rolled into the monthly payment on the M5, they were throwing numbers in the $12xx.xx/m range which he wasn't down for. Long story short, I ended up taking over the lease on the 550i for the next 6 months, and we walked out with the M5 on Christmas Eve for $919/M (after Holiday Rebate, Loyalty, and $17K off MSRP because it was a 6K mile demo).

2013 F10 M5 6MT
Monte Carlo Blue Metallic
Silverstone II Full Merino Leather w/Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Bang & Olufsen
Executive Package
Cold Weather
Comfort Access w/ Soft Close
Basically it has every option but Night Vision & Rear Seat Entertainment - MSRP was $109.xx

As she sat at the dealership:

I've driven more brand new cars than I can count with my fingers, as well as owned 2 brand new vehicles... and honestly, even though this was a demo with 6,000 miles, it drove, smelled, and looked like any new car with 100 miles on the OD. If I had to guess, I would have said this car had no more than 500 miles on it.

As most of you know, the experience you inherit is simply... indescribable, at least to people like us. The in-law however... simply enjoys the fact that he's driving a F10 M5 for $919/m when everyone else around here is paying $1300-1600. He also enjoys the conveniences and luxuries that this F10 has, simply because his 550i doesn't have as many. He isn't a true car guy like us, and at the end of the day... he doesn't see himself keeping this car past this summer. On that bombshell... I'll be looking forward to taking over this lease when he's ready, so I can enjoy this car for what it truely is... full time. At the moment I get to swap cars with him whenever, but don't want to abuse the privilege. ouich

With the recent NYC blizzards we've been experiencing around here, I ended up giving him the 550i xdrive equipped with blizzaks to get around, while I limped around the frozen roads on the M5. I tried to fit about 10 different set of 19" rims that I can equip with some snow tires onto the M5, but after the frustration with the caliper clearance, I just swapped out the PSS's with Pirelli Sotto Zero's and called it a day. Obviously a day and night difference, honestly drives just as good as the xDrive w/ Blizzaks.

Did some minor things like convenience coding, color-coded bumper reflectors, and gloss black fender grilles. Might end up sneaking in some H&R springs around April/May.

I haven't had a chance to snap some nice photos of the car, and only have 1 shot off my iPhone when I went to fill her up, trying to keep the photo whoring to a minimum, but I'll snap some shots for you guys when I bring the car into my shop to have it tinted.

IMG_6392 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Before the winter tires went on... it was a sitting duck, behind it the untamed horse.

IMG_6883 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

A few shots of the 550i that is now in my full time possesion (part time with the M5 replacement).

DSC_8322 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

DSC_8440 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Comparison before & after H&R drop

comparison by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Will keep you guys updated as I get any more photos, along with minor modification updates. :byee55amg
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Mperial
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3, 2017 X1

Welcome...
That's a sweet deal. The car looks very well cared for especially considering the SSII interior can be tricky to keep after if you're not careful. I'm guessing Paul Miller BMW did some detailing to it but it still looks like showroom condition.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor@ONEighty View Post
Whats up guys, figured it was time to introduce myself to the M5Post members, along with the latest addition to the family.

You can find my main introduction post w/ a review of my previous cars on 5Post: http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943686

I had plans to pick up a new BMW lease sometime towards the summer of this year, but plans cut short. My in-law leased an F10 550i M-Sport back in 2011, which as of January, 2014... had 6 months remaining on the lease. He's been shopping around for a new car since last summer, always keeping an eye out for the best deal he can get his hands on, and nothing appealed to him for the price range he was aiming for ($800-$1000/m lease).

Few days before Christmas, he came across a demo special... and decided to pull the trigger and go see it in person.

Upon discussing some options; for him to get out of his lease early, and have the excess millage from the 550i rolled into the monthly payment on the M5, they were throwing numbers in the $12xx.xx/m range which he wasn't down for. Long story short, I ended up taking over the lease on the 550i for the next 6 months, and we walked out with the M5 on Christmas Eve for $919/M (after Holiday Rebate, Loyalty, and $17K off MSRP because it was a 6K mile demo).

2013 F10 M5 6MT
Monte Carlo Blue Metallic
Silverstone II Full Merino Leather w/Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
Bang & Olufsen
Executive Package
Cold Weather
Comfort Access w/ Soft Close
Basically it has every option but Night Vision & Rear Seat Entertainment - MSRP was $109.xx

As she sat at the dealership:

I've driven more brand new cars than I can count with my fingers, as well as owned 2 brand new vehicles... and honestly, even though this was a demo with 6,000 miles, it drove, smelled, and looked like any new car with 100 miles on the OD. If I had to guess, I would have said this car had no more than 500 miles on it.

As most of you know, the experience you inherit is simply... indescribable, at least to people like us. The in-law however... simply enjoys the fact that he's driving a F10 M5 for $919/m when everyone else around here is paying $1300-1600. He also enjoys the conveniences and luxuries that this F10 has, simply because his 550i doesn't have as many. He isn't a true car guy like us, and at the end of the day... he doesn't see himself keeping this car past this summer. On that bombshell... I'll be looking forward to taking over this lease when he's ready, so I can enjoy this car for what it truely is... full time. At the moment I get to swap cars with him whenever, but don't want to abuse the privilege. ouich

With the recent NYC blizzards we've been experiencing around here, I ended up giving him the 550i xdrive equipped with blizzaks to get around, while I limped around the frozen roads on the M5. I tried to fit about 10 different set of 19" rims that I can equip with some snow tires onto the M5, but after the frustration with the caliper clearance, I just swapped out the PSS's with Pirelli Sotto Zero's and called it a day. Obviously a day and night difference, honestly drives just as good as the xDrive w/ Blizzaks.

Did some minor things like convenience coding, color-coded bumper reflectors, and gloss black fender grilles. Might end up sneaking in some H&R springs around April/May.

I haven't had a chance to snap some nice photos of the car, and only have 1 shot off my iPhone when I went to fill her up, trying to keep the photo whoring to a minimum, but I'll snap some shots for you guys when I bring the car into my shop to have it tinted.

IMG_6392 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Before the winter tires went on... it was a sitting duck, behind it the untamed horse.

IMG_6883 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

A few shots of the 550i that is now in my full time possesion (part time with the M5 replacement).

DSC_8322 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

DSC_8440 by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Comparison before & after H&R drop

comparison by ONEighty_NYC, on Flickr

Will keep you guys updated as I get any more photos, along with minor modification updates. :byee55amg
So a couple things... I saw that car (your car) at Paul Miller in mid Dec. My 2014 build will be MCB over SSII partly because of your car and how sharp I thought it was (Week 10 build date). I wanted the LCI with LED's, etc, but if your car had been a DCT I might have beaten you to it! That was an aggressive deal as I remember..... they bought the car from BMW NA corporate here in Jersey as I understood it. Some exec drives it for 6 months then they auction them to dealers. Picked up an X5 like that years ago cheap!

If I read your post correctly, you actually broke down the performance tires from the stock 20" wheels and mounted snows? And you will be doing this again in a couple months to reverse? Mind sharing the cost to do so if I understand correctly? And did you have the swap done at BMW? What did they clip you to break them down, etc? Curious as I would imagine damaging the wheels, tires, etc.....
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #4
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
So a couple things... I saw that car (your car) at Paul Miller in mid Dec. My 2014 build will be MCB over SSII partly because of your car and how sharp I thought it was (Week 10 build date). I wanted the LCI with LED's, etc, but if your car had been a DCT I might have beaten you to it! That was an aggressive deal as I remember..... they bought the car from BMW NA corporate here in Jersey as I understood it. Some exec drives it for 6 months then they auction them to dealers. Picked up an X5 like that years ago cheap!

If I read your post correctly, you actually broke down the performance tires from the stock 20" wheels and mounted snows? And you will be doing this again in a couple months to reverse? Mind sharing the cost to do so if I understand correctly? And did you have the swap done at BMW? What did they clip you to break them down, etc? Curious as I would imagine damaging the wheels, tires, etc.....
Yep, removed the stock tires off the rims and put on the snow tires. Will do it again sometime in April/May when weather reaches the 60's. The cost for this is usually around $60-80. I had the swap done by my local tire shop who I do a lot of business with. If the shop knows what they are doing, you shouldn't get any damage, but just in case, I always thoroughly inspect the rims JUST in case something does happen, because it happened once, and it was a honest mistake, and they covered the cost for a brand new rim.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

The perfect all around car.

You should definitely bring it to Watkins glen for an hpde with the cca.
      02-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Very nice. Congrats. What are your plans for mods?
      02-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Looks good buddy. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #8
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Congrats!!! As u know ill be doing some work at your shop as soon as i can drive my M5 but this weather isnt helping!
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

I was emailing them right before you picked this one up. They mentioned they would go below the $999 special but you had to give them a $3499 cap reduction to get the $919 payment so it was really just an ok deal on the Demo. The manual trans was a no go for me.

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealYourFace View Post
The perfect all around car.

You should definitely bring it to Watkins glen for an hpde with the cca.
We'll see, it's some time from now, but sounds like a fun trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Very nice. Congrats. What are your plans for mods?
Well lets keep in mind that I don't own the car, it's just the in-laws for now... hopefully mine soon. Since it's not in my possession, I don't have any plans for it. But if some mods happen to fall onto my lap, I'll def sneak them in there. I definitely want to open up the exhaust for him in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdterror View Post
Congrats!!! As u know ill be doing some work at your shop as soon as i can drive my M5 but this weather isnt helping!
lol tell me about it, this snow... at first I was like now I'm like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM5 View Post
I was emailing them right before you picked this one up. They mentioned they would go below the $999 special but you had to give them a $3499 cap reduction to get the $919 payment so it was really just an ok deal on the Demo. The manual trans was a no go for me.
No cap reduction, just taxes, fees, first month, etc, and $919 out the door, but keep in mind... $3k was from Holiday Event Special, and $1K from loyalty.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #11
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

congrats for the purchase!