BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-21-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

About LCI Competition Pacakage vs LCI ?!

Now I have ZCP and had LCI for 2 years prior to that and I thought that many forum members may have questions about DIFFERNECES !! And they are plenty !! The best option so far because it changed the car enough that I felt that I almost have changed to next model M5!! ZCP is by far the best option BMW has offered on the LCI hands down and I could elaborate but I'd rather answer certain questions if any and I will venture and say the cheapest of all for what it offers and adds to the character of the car !!!

Reason I thought this might be of interest here,
I don't remember any thread about LCI vs LCI ZCPackage but always Pre LCI 2013 vs LCI ZCPackage and many of the DIFFERNECES that were attributed to ZCPacakage were just LCI related but still ZCP is a STAR and to me this car should have come out of the factory gate with ZCP on her not as an option for BMW measly gain!! Because it doesn't offer anything that an M5 shouldn't have !!

QUESTIONS?!!
Attached Images

Last edited by soooma; 12-22-2015 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
bodonx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Does steering feel differ between LCI ZCP and LCI non ZCP?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #3
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodonx View Post
"Connectedness" Is the word,
I wasn't sure I needed more connectedness than my LCI already improved & revised steering but the lower stance of the car endows the steering wheel heel with more road feel that Gould appreciate as long as roads are smooth and close to perfect but once imperfections rule you may change your mind

That's about steering and I would say 20-30% more feel to it but still something in the middle I'm missing I don't know what it is!! Vague lost feeling but way less Han LCI non ZCP and may be one of the forum members with more driving skills than mine can elders what words are failing me to
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 02:29 PM   #4
HappyMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodonx View Post
"Connectedness" Is the word,
I wasn't sure I needed more connectedness than my LCI already improved & revised steering but the lower stance of the car endows the steering wheel heel with more road feel that Gould appreciate as long as roads are smooth and close to perfect but once imperfections rule you may change your mind

That's about steering and I would say 20-30% more feel to it but still something in the middle I'm missing I don't know what it is!! Vague lost feeling but way less Han LCI non ZCP and may be one of the forum members with more driving skills than mine can elders what words are failing me to
Ahhh you are forcing me to feel bad that I went just LCI.
What about suspension? Way stiffer? When roads are mostly bad, is it stiff and can get annoying?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMan View Post
Ahhh you are forcing me to feel bad that I went just LCI.
What about suspension? Way stiffer? When roads are mostly bad, is it stiff and can get annoying?
Stiffer not way stiffer
But I don't remember a single time I felt car was harsh or jarring in LCI without CP but in the new one about 20-30% of the time I find myself this is less than comfortable and for the first time I hear rattling in the car on road imperfections and that too is attributable to harsh suspension but when you are looking to push the car it will be more fun too due to lower stance, louder Exhauste and more direct steering !!

Do I like like ZCP more: YES
Do I regret LCI for 2 years without it: Absolutely not!!
I am not crazy that's how I feel,

It was about time to taste a different flavor of ///M5 that's geared more towards more spirited driving and younger people o would say! And no regrets either! Ma salad I pulled the tougher on ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 01:59 AM   #6
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Personally

I find ZCP in comfort mode generally too soft and spend a lot of time on UK backroads in Sport or even Sport+. The M5 is a big heavy car and needs a lot of control, which ZCP delivers

Compared to the 2008 M sport suspension in both 3 Series and X5, even ZCP Sport+ isn't anything like as harsh or choppy

In general, while ZCP is firm, it still feels well damped and controlled....no harshness compared the previous incarnations of M-suspension

Bear in mind that when I visit the US and rent a car I'm usually shocked by the downright dangerous marshmallow suspensions a lot of US built cars are equipped with. US seems to generally favour less well damped, softer suspensions, so by comparison, the M5 will feel quite firm I guess
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #7
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

In city-driving that is extremely slow-paced, is the 7MA competition package a boon or bane with regards to driving comfort?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #8
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

In comfort mode the car is not too rough at all IMO, even on city streets with lots of bumps. Just make sure you are running proper tire pressure. And you could always throw on the OEM 19s for even more comfort (...and style. I'm thinking of picking up a set myself).
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #9
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
In comfort mode the car is not too rough at all IMO, even on city streets with lots of bumps. Just make sure you are running proper tire pressure. And you could always throw on the OEM 19s for even more comfort (...and style. I'm thinking of picking up a set myself).
It is rough when roads are not perfect and rattling too like a rattle snake !!
Appreciate 0