07-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #67
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I'll go ahead and say this, and I intend no disrespect, but I still think you are too young for the M5. Yes you've driven your parents' performance cars, and yes you're in the position to do whatever the hell you want with your money, but hear me out. No matter how much experience you have behind the wheel as a teenager (perceived or otherwise) 560 HP is an absurd amount for a relatively new driver to have. Statistically speaking, your age group from 18-25 are more than twice as likely to get into an accident than any other age group. Before I hear someone say "But most race car drivers are young", which is a valid statement, let me make one thing clear: Driving on the street is different from driving on a controlled environment!! Driving a car like the M5 can become really cumbersome in the real world, and it's very easy to make yourself look like an idiot. The car has varying degrees of traction issues depending on the surface or temperature and can BITE you in certain instances where you have a clumsy foot. IMO, work your way up to a nice car like the M5 and drive something slower and humble (but still fun) for now. M3 or IS-F fit the bill, or even slower cars than that. Driving a worse car in the meantime will not only tailor your skills, but will also make you appreciate a car like the M5 that much more in the future. You'll thank me later!

Really a "wisesoul"
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 11:23 PM   #68
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
I'll go ahead and say this, and I intend no disrespect, but I still think you are too young for the M5. Yes you've driven your parents' performance cars, and yes you're in the position to do whatever the hell you want with your money, but hear me out. No matter how much experience you have behind the wheel as a teenager (perceived or otherwise) 560 HP is an absurd amount for a relatively new driver to have. Statistically speaking, your age group from 18-25 are more than twice as likely to get into an accident than any other age group. Before I hear someone say "But most race car drivers are young", which is a valid statement, let me make one thing clear: Driving on the street is different from driving on a controlled environment!! Driving a car like the M5 can become really cumbersome in the real world, and it's very easy to make yourself look like an idiot. The car has varying degrees of traction issues depending on the surface or temperature and can BITE you in certain instances where you have a clumsy foot. IMO, work your way up to a nice car like the M5 and drive something slower and humble (but still fun) for now. M3 or IS-F fit the bill, or even slower cars than that. Driving a worse car in the meantime will not only tailor your skills, but will also make you appreciate a car like the M5 that much more in the future. You'll thank me later!
well said
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 11:37 PM   #69
Cali01
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570

Quote:
Your advice is much appreciated . I'll thank you now! I don't know how i skipped over your pos, never saw it, huh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
lol.... Listen to your dad. He knows everything about his kid better than you and us
He sure does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
In the mean time, check out programs like Skip Barber and start learning proper car control. If you have the means, and it appears that you do, it will be money very well spent.
Definitely will look in to that! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #70
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Get the M5, it's luxury cruiser. Those that say it has too much power are the ones that should reconsider what they drive.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #71
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
Get the M5, it's luxury cruiser. Those that say it has too much power are the ones that should reconsider what they drive.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0