M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-14-2014, 01:08 AM   #23
Hammer91
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Comp

I researched this when ordering my full individual leather interior. Walknappa is nappa smooth fine grain leather which is treated for UV resistance. It is also used on the leather steering wheel. You would not want Merino, which is much grainier, on the dash. The individual full leather interior really looks great (mine is nutmeg)
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 12:36 AM   #24
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer91 View Post
I researched this when ordering my full individual leather interior. Walknappa is nappa smooth fine grain leather which is treated for UV resistance. It is also used on the leather steering wheel. You would not want Merino, which is much grainier, on the dash. The individual full leather interior really looks great (mine is nutmeg)
At the risk of sounding like beating a dead horse,

1. If I want Amaro Brown interior but with some sort of leather on both top of dashboard (black) and upper door trim (brown color matched), what is the cost (From Stealth's post looks like $6,825)? Will Z1P5 get me that? Motivation here is to get to same coverage as Full Merino option ($3,500). To extend further, what leather will be used on top of dash and upper door trim? and what are full details for Z1P5?

2. Also will Z1P5 cover lower door trim as well (unlike "full" option for standard colors where lower doors is color matched, in "extended individual" lower door trim seems to be some kind of black - guessing its not leather but soft plastic?). If Z1P5 does not get the lower door trim in brown, what code does, and what is the cost?

3. If I want Amaro Brown interior BUT with merino on both top of dashboard (black or brown), upper door, and lower door trim what is the cost? Also what is the order code for that?

I think this will be super helpful for anyone looking to go "Full Amaro Brown" route with same quality and coverage as Full merino.

The charts that people keep pointing to are not helpful for ordering individual "full". Seems like there is a different definition of full by different people (quality of leather used on dash and doors is different in definitions?)

Thanks

Last edited by E90potentialbuyer; 11-03-2014 at 12:50 AM..
Appreciate 0