BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
BMW Haus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Production #0558583

Exclamation HELP ME!!

As my handle states, we are suppose to get two new BMWs. A new M3 sedan for me and a X5d for my wife. Now I am thinking about just getting a new M5 for 117,000. What would the lease be with excellent credit and say 3k down? The M3 would be about 75K I assume, and the X5 we spec'ed was about 75K. Does just getting a M5 sound like a good plan or I am I a fool? We already have two great daily drivers. We would just keep our GMC Denali and every now and then drive the M5. Help me out guys PLEASE!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

Too many variables to say exactly but depending how much you get off of MSRP you'll probably be in the $1200-$1400 range... FYI invoice is MSRP - 7%. You should be able to set fairly close to invoice before any other incentives.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Haus View Post
As my handle states, we are suppose to get two new BMWs. A new M3 sedan for me and a X5d for my wife. Now I am thinking about just getting a new M5 for 117,000. What would the lease be with excellent credit and say 3k down? The M3 would be about 75K I assume, and the X5 we spec'ed was about 75K. Does just getting a M5 sound like a good plan or I am I a fool? We already have two great daily drivers. We would just keep our GMC Denali and every now and then drive the M5. Help me out guys PLEASE!!!!!
If both of you will have daily drivers apart from the new BMWs (if purchased), buying the M5 seems like a financial no-brainer. From the quotes, both bimmers would cost 150k and the M5 will be 117k or thereabouts. If faced with such a dilemma I would go for the M5 and keep the difference for something more exciting
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
BMW Haus
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
If both of you will have daily drivers apart from the new BMWs (if purchased), buying the M5 seems like a financial no-brainer. From the quotes, both bimmers would cost 150k and the M5 will be 117k or thereabouts. If faced with such a dilemma I would go for the M5 and keep the difference for something more exciting

I like this answer

My wife would drive the M5 to work (only about 5 miles) and I would just drive the Denali (work at home). We would only have one lease payment, and would not have to run the miles up on the M5.

The other option is leasing the new M3 (who knows what MSRP would be) and leasing the new X5d (with our options about 78K) and have two lease payments.

I have not had a chance to test drive the M5, but I sat in the one at the dealer and it seemed as large as the 7 series. Does the car really feel that big on the road? I could not believe the width from behind the wheel. It seemed as wide as our Yukon Denali. I can anyone chime in on is real world feel from behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

BMW Haus, I just traded an E92 M3 for a 2014 M5 on Thursday and I'll tell you the M5 handles incredibly well, torque is insane, and comfort is beyond belief.

What I love about the car is it can go from luxury to beast mode with the simple press of the accelerator! I also felt fatigued after driving the M3 whereas I'm much more comfortable and relaxed in the M5.

Hope this helps a bit.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
BMW Haus
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc View Post
BMW Haus, I just traded an E92 M3 for a 2014 M5 on Thursday and I'll tell you the M5 handles incredibly well, torque is insane, and comfort is beyond belief.

What I love about the car is it can go from luxury to beast mode with the simple press of the accelerator! I also felt fatigued after driving the M3 whereas I'm much more comfortable and relaxed in the M5.

Hope this helps a bit.
This is what I am looking for!!! Something I can hot rod in one minute, and the next relax in comfort and listen to The Killers on the Bang and Olufsen. I think I have watched too many Motor Trend reviews on the M5. When I sat in it, I just started to remember all the "its a whale" comments.

Its sad so many M5 owners have to keep defending their purchase. I have not driven the M5 (yet) but I can't think of another car that does luxury and sport so perfectly. I toyed with getting a CTS-V over the M3, while the V does drive nice, the interior is a joke (except the Recaro seats) and the infotainment is circa early 2000s. None of us have truly seen the interior of the new M3/M4, but the M5 I sat in (while large) was amazing!!

I think I am sold on the M5 and ready to join you guys in the club!! All I have to do is 1)Learn more about leasing 2) Learn how to haggle (I hate doing it) I just like to pay, but this car cost too much to just whip out the wallet 3)Find away to convince the wife the M5 is better than her X5 (she loved it on the test drive) and it did not have half the options we want.

Ok wish me luck, I hope to be back with my order number this week!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

OP if you would like a no hassle quote or any questions answered on leasing etc.. feel free to shoot David Aviles an email at bmwdavid@icloud.com and he will get you all set up

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
BMW Haus
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
OP if you would like a no hassle quote or any questions answered on leasing etc.. feel free to shoot David Aviles an email at bmwdavid@icloud.com and he will get you all set up

Sent him an email around 6pm east coast time!! I hope to hear back from him soon! I have a 5K deposit on the M3 at my local dealer (Casey BMW) in VA, but they don't seem like they do any discounts
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^If you would like to pm me your email address I can get ahold of David while he is on the road heading back and get you set up.

We are always closed on sundays for family day.

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
BMW Haus
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^If you would like to pm me your email address I can get ahold of David while he is on the road heading back and get you set up.

We are always closed on sundays for family day.
PM Sent, does say closed sunday, sorry …… Look forward to hearing from you
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #11
GOLFFRR
Rep

^^No worries. I replied to your pm and wall post I am always available however the store and employees are off on Sundays.

I text David your email address and asked for a status update. As soon as I hear back from him I will let you know what he says! Most likely you will get a quote tomorrow

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #12
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

BMW Haus, are you in the Hampton Roads area? If so, I'm up the street in Richmond.

Redirect that deposit and deal on that M5! Baseline negotiations should include .00125 money factor (3%) financing, $1,500 Holiday Cash (for M5), $1,000 Loyalty Cash if driving BMW currently, and 7% off MSRP (estimated invoice).

Now, if you can get your deposit refunded and don't have to trade in a vehicle, definitely go with David at Steve Thomas!

Now convincing your wife...that's a whole different ball game...try to sell her on the rarity and uniqueness of the M5. To date, I've only seen two on the road in Richmond - one going into a plastic surgery center, the other into a McDonalds. And now that I think on it, I'm not convinced they weren't the same car.

Good luck and shoot me a PM if you want more info from a brand new owner.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #13
BMW Haus
Private
Rep

^^^
Yep, I am in the Hampton Roads area! We just moved to the Town Center in Hampton! My doctor and good friend (Dr.David Ross) practices in Midlothian VA. I called my sales person this morning to get my deposit back(got voicemail)on the M3, and YES David is the BEST, and we plan to get our M5 from him!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
^^^
Yep, I am in the Hampton Roads area! We just moved to the Town Center in Hampton! My doctor and good friend (Dr.David Ross) practices in Midlothian VA. I called my sales person this morning to get my deposit back(got voicemail)on the M3, and YES David is the BEST, and we plan to get our M5 from him!!!
That's sorted, then!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #15
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

I have a F30 335ix and an F10 M5. Get the M5, no doubt. The comfort, fit and finish blows anything BMW will be able to put in the next M3. The F10 is bigger but not that bad compared to the F30... but it is immediately translated into more comfortable seats. Just use the cameras for the first couple of weeks when parking and you will quickly get used to its size.
      12-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
BMW Haus
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
I have a F30 335ix and an F10 M5. Get the M5, no doubt. The comfort, fit and finish blows anything BMW will be able to put in the next M3. The F10 is bigger but not that bad compared to the F30... but it is immediately translated into more comfortable seats. Just use the cameras for the first couple of weeks when parking and you will quickly get used to its size.
She drives the Denali right now, and does not complain about that :roll eyes:

She has watched the M5 videos on youtube with me, and I think that has done more to influence her than the real world tests. We only sat in the one in the showroom, and like you guys, I believe once we get it on the road all fears will turn to pure bliss:thump: I already have a plate in mind RINGTAXI
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
Actor
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
She drives the Denali right now, and does not complain about that :roll eyes:

She has watched the M5 videos on youtube with me, and I think that has done more to influence her than the real world tests. We only sat in the one in the showroom, and like you guys, I believe once we get it on the road all fears will turn to pure bliss:thump: I already have a plate in mind RINGTAXI
Appreciate 0