M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
Desertdweller
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Wow, that was a bad match. It seems that the many of posts on M3 forum from owners of frozen colors are favorable. They are stating BMW frozen relatively easy to care for, etc. Not much comment on repainting. Good to know I can re-order a bumper in frozen. I have frozen black M5 on order and I don't think I can change it now. It's a leap of faith. Hope I don't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdweller View Post
Wow, that was a bad match. It seems that the many of posts on M3 forum from owners of frozen colors are favorable. They are stating BMW frozen relatively easy to care for, etc. Not much comment on repainting. Good to know I can re-order a bumper in frozen. I have frozen black M5 on order and I don't think I can change it now. It's a leap of faith. Hope I don't regret it.
Yeah to be honest I think this issue is overrated. I have noticed INDs color-matched reflectors and grills seem to match frozen BMWs very well, so obviously someone's body shop can handle this. Further you can order bumpers from factory.

While some people have had paint match issues, I suspect they did not go to a factory certified bodyshop for frozen paint. If you live in a top 10 market this should not be a problem.

Further I don't buy cars on the assumption they will be crashed into at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
kylek13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 Frozen Grey

Sounds like you went frozen .....
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #26
DesertEagle50
Admiral General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 FB

Garage List
2013 BMW M5 F10  [10.00]
2010 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
stealth, do you have a link to where I can order a bumper direct from BMW? I don't want to use the dealership and get charged 300%
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #27
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTS,458italia, '14RR Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdweller View Post
Yeah to be honest I think this issue is overrated. I have noticed INDs color-matched reflectors and grills seem to match frozen BMWs very well, so obviously someone's body shop can handle this. Further you can order bumpers from factory.

While some people have had paint match issues, I suspect they did not go to a factory certified bodyshop for frozen paint. If you live in a top 10 market this should not be a problem.

Further I don't buy cars on the assumption they will be crashed into at some point.
I went to the best body shop in town and they could not match . After it was taken to Mercedes authorized dealer body shop and they could not match . Even a letter was written by then stating that. Not so easy as you are saying .
      08-24-2013, 02:40 AM   #28
TC M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTS,458italia, '14RR Ghost

This shot was when it was delivered to me and of course looks like shit . Mercedes is handling pretty bad the situation and I'm sick of it . Just wanted it to be perfect .
In the other hand I wonder how BMW would handle if it was their car . Last time I had a problem in a M3 they changed the car with a blink of an eye. SORRY MERCEDES IM GOING BACK TO BMW M
Attached Images

08-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #29
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertEagle50 View Post
stealth, do you have a link to where I can order a bumper direct from BMW? I don't want to use the dealership and get charged 300%
This thread says you can find the part number via real OEM website. Then you can order it from any online BMW parts vendor (although this guy clearly made the mistake of ordering through his dealer). BTW I would suggest ordering the Euro version of the bumper without the reflectors for a cleaner look.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=598443

This link shows Renn-Spec orders them.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201546

This link suggests that IND sells them - they painted at the IND shop in this example but I am sure they can also order factory painted.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529453
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshie7 View Post
I wish I knew that earlier, I bought the M5 in Alpine White because of my matte issues and I dropped it off for a matte wrap today. I know it doesn't look the same as frozen, but I figured if I get tired of it or if something happens I could just take it off.
I saw a video when BMW was releasing the frozen colors and they suggested getting some sort of "sample" swatch (or panel) made for matching later. Not sure how it would work but apparently it is VERY TOUGH to match the paint on each individual frozen colored car without doing this right up front when the car is purchased. I though it was nuts and was thinking "no one is going to do this and dealers will look at you like you are crazy if you request this."
Appreciate 0