02-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #23
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: `16 MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat
A lesson learned from this experience and your age playing a factor. NO ONE TELLS YOU WHERE TO GET YOUR VEHICLE WORKED ON, NO ONE.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt plus I had brought the car to BMW and not to MID ISLAND directly this is a shop they send all their cars to. Worst case scenario I thought BMW would stand by the shop that represents their body work. Please BMW step up and help me restore my faith in you!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #24
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamxkris
Quote:
A lesson learned from this experience and your age playing a factor. NO ONE TELLS YOU WHERE TO GET YOUR VEHICLE WORKED ON, NO ONE.
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt plus I had brought the car to BMW and not to MID ISLAND directly this is a shop they send all their cars to. Worst case scenario I thought BMW would stand by the shop that represents their body work. Please BMW step up and help me restore my faith in you!
You have to remember a dealership is not BMW ! Dealerships are privately owned. You can't hold BMW corporate to blame for a bad dealer . Just use a different one in the future .
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #25
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamxkris
Quote:
You have to remember a dealership is not BMW ! Dealerships are privately owned. You can't hold BMW corporate to blame for a bad dealer . Just use a different one in the future .
Yes but the BMW name is still there. I understand they are privately owned but they still represent BMW as a company. It is a direct representation of the company and brand. I am sure BMW would care what goes on in "their" dealerships as their brand is being represented by this dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #26
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamxkris View Post
Yes but the BMW name is still there. I understand they are privately owned but they still represent BMW as a company. It is a direct representation of the company and brand. I am sure BMW would care what goes on in "their" dealerships as their brand is being represented by this dealer.
But still given this, to say you will never buy a BMW again, is only depriving yourself.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #27
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz
Quote:
But still given this, to say you will never buy a BMW again, is only depriving yourself.
I agree BMWs are in my opinion the best cars you can buy (at least in the price point we are in) but you can't blame me for feeling this way as a car you pay 100k for is ruined and nobody seems to want to help out... As big as a company BMW is I would think they will try and make their customers happy if they are not satisfied... If I had brought the car to MID ISLAND myself I would take 100% ownership and would not include BMW in this. Even though the car is my responsibility this is the shop they recommend and ultimately had sent there before I can say anything. On top of that they refused to bring it to the shop of my choice. This is not including other issues like VIN sticker being missing, possible work done prior to me purchasing the car, being denied CPO when I was willing to pay the extra costs... The list goes on and on... Tell me how this would make you feel as a consumer and a brand loyalist as myself..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #28
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Have you even tried elevating this to BMW? Clearly the dealer is not going to help.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #29
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz
Have you even tried elevating this to BMW? Clearly the dealer is not going to help.
Yes, I have contacted BMW NA. They are currently working on my other issues as well as this one. But with all things I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst... Hopefully BMW can help me out in anyway they can... I was hoping the local dealer or the body shop would step up and help.. I know the body shop is a lost cause because all they do is curse me out and either blame me for buying pre owned or blames BMW saying they messed it up when they had it in their possession for my engine swap... Extremely frustrating and to some point insulting...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #30
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Is this serious? This is between you and your insurance company...not BMW or even the dealership. You can be upset with the dealer that the shop they recommended didn't do a good job but that's about it. The dealer can't force you to have your car taken anywhere insurance can but not dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 09:11 PM   #31
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

OP, is this the same car?
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080862
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 10:23 PM   #32
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
hate the dealer, not the brand please.. feel sorry about what had happened.. hope you get all these resolved ASAP.
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 11:33 PM   #33
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
They represent BMW's brand but BMW doesn't own them (except for the store in Manhattan). There's only so much BMW can do, especially if the issue doesn't involve factory warranty.

That's why I was so confused in reading your initial posts when you said BMW told you this or BMW told you that or you took it to BMW and they made you do this or that. You were actually talking about a BMW dealer and not BMW of North America.

Good luck and I wish you well but this is an issue between you and the dealership.

P.S. -- Unless the dealership is paying for the repairs, how can they tell you where to take your car for body work? That's a matter between you and your insurance company.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 01:08 AM   #34
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

This is a cautionary tale and a learning point for everyone on this board. Never let anyone touch your Beast that has not been vetted by you.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 04:53 AM   #35
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Ill make a point based on the BMW vs dealer....

BMW operates a franchise model, that means that any dealer under this franchise model or exhibitting the BMW brand has a responsibility to adhere to certain expectations and standards set by BMW centrally; this is to ensure that the BMW brand remains as what it is supposed to be...If you feel as the customer that there is a breach then thats when you get BMW NA involved and it would actually be in their best interest to rectify the problem...

Take this thread as an example....Well I can almost garauntee that no one on this forum is going to use the bodyshop that you are talking about due to the issues you have raised, so this relates to lost business for them and may in the grand scheme of things ultimately relate to loss of business to BMW if someone decided to never buy a BMW car again due to a bad experience

Another thing to consider

If you went to two Macdonalds franchised restaurants and one served a big mac with beef and the other served a big mac with Horse meet....Not only would the restaurant in question have a serious issue but also Macdonalds themselves...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 06:02 AM   #36
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #37
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Yes, same car as you can see new issues everytime.. Can't seem to catch a break with this car..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #38
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also like I stated in my previous posts I had the car towed to bmw service and the next day I went to stop by the service center where they told me they had already towed the car to MID ISLAND. I asked if I can take it to MARTINO the body shop of my choice and they said no and that MID ISLAND is better.. I said okay since this "BMW" dealership is swearing by this shops work, then why not? Obviously this was a huge mistake and to some point feel taken advantage of because I'm sure both parties benefited in some way.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 02:20 PM   #39
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

When you leased the car, you didn't get Carfax from the dealer to check the record?

Quote:
The BMW service center I had the car towed to would not allow me to send the car to the body shop of my choice. As well as the manager saying they swear by this body shop and that they send all their work to this shop. So having the manager give his word on their work I thought if anything were to go wrong BMW would do something to make it right since it was sent by them. I would think if it is a body shop they send all their work to they would stand by each other but all I am getting is both parties blaming each other. Also anyone in the NY area steer clear of MID ISLAND as they are rude in customer service and their work is horrible from my experience.. Also one time I was in the back office and one of the employees slammed his phone on the desk and started cursing out this other lady that works there right in front of me... Literally fighting and saying each other can't do their jobs.. Doesn't necessarily make the customer comfortable when these are the people working on my car.

Also about the fact Brian ( shop owner ) would make jokes and say my car was hit and worked on before I bought the car which warrants my suspicion on the VIN sticker being missing. Pretty much he is saying I bought a car that was hit from the same dealership he gets work from. Did he unintentionally admit to working on my specific car prior to me purchasing it and never disclosing any damage? Remember the previous owner was the manager of the same dealership this guy does all the work for...

At this point I'm not sure who I'm supposed to be pissed at BMW for not stepping up or at BRIAN and MID ISLAND for the horrible job and possible cover up of a hit prior to my purchase...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 02:28 PM   #40
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Is your car CPO? They can't sell you a damaged car if it is CPO. Time to get a lawyer involved.

Here in WA state, you can choose whoever you want to work on your car, not too sure about NY laws, but you can't be forced to use a particular shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #41
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Quote:
Yes, same car as you can see new issues everytime.. Can't seem to catch a break with this car..
You should get a lawyer involved. If you don't want to take the headache, like I said in that thread, just cut your loss and sell it. New MB CLS63 S would be a great replacement.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 03:57 AM   #42
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

post it on dealer's facebook page and bmw's NA facebook page and as many places as you can
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 06:39 AM   #43
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: BMWNA is giving me an ultimatum here and has 2 offers for me on the table.
1) 5k goodwill cash if I choose to keep the car
2) lease or finance a new vehicle and they will send me a 10k check.

If I pick #2 it should be a bit more than 10k because I can sell my Meisterschaft gtc valve control exhaust that I used for about 1k miles.

If I pick offer number 1 I most likely cannot get into another m5 as I used the trade in of my e92 to lower the payments of the m5.

What do you guys think of the offers on the table?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #44
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
UPDATE: BMWNA is giving me an ultimatum here and has 2 offers for me on the table.
1) 5k goodwill cash if I choose to keep the car
2) lease or finance a new vehicle and they will send me a 10k check.

If I pick #2 it should be a bit more than 10k because I can sell my Meisterschaft gtc valve control exhaust that I used for about 1k miles.

If I pick offer number 1 I most likely cannot get into another m5 as I used the trade in of my e92 to lower the payments of the m5.

What do you guys think of the offers on the table?
#2 Brand new is brand new
After all this headache absolutely new

GLAD to hear BMW stepped in!!
Again this little forum has empowered so many people and let's not underestimate the power bestowed unto us -

Glad to see a smile on your face sir
Appreciate 0