Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
PRKELLY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 M5 CP

Praise for my local BMW Dealer

I purchased my 14CP M5 about a month ago from Carmax. I got the full CNA warranty with it and have a strong piece of mind with regards to maintenence issues if they should occur.

I took the car to my local BMW dealer (Richmond BMW on Broad St in Va) for a PPI and they said the car was solid save for a battery and the tire repair kit.

So, Carmax took care of the cost of the new battery and installation and while i had the car at BMW I brought up a few other issues I had noticed. The B pillar trim on the exterior of the drivers door had a chip. The wheels (satin black 20") had some fading and odd coloration, the drivers door lock was not functioning as expected, the cup holder had a bad trim piece.

The technician came out and spoke to me a length and explained that they would replace the cup holder, fix the lock and that he would advocate for new wheels and that they would also try to fix the trim piece.

Get the call today and my SA informs me that they are replacing the wheels, putting on new tires, aligning it (I'm purchasing new tires for it) fixing the door lock, cup holder, replacing the door trim piece, putting in a new higher amp hr battery and the harness for it, replacing the engine cover for some reason and everything else they can find that needs attention. They also re-coded my cameras, updated all vehicle software tot he latest versions and made sure that everything that the warranty would cover is handled.

the repairs and replacements should come in around $5-7K minus the tires (1600) so a lot of work is going into my car and it will come out of the dealer like a brand new car!

Here's the kicker and why I am so happy with the team at Richmond BMW. The factory warranty expires on 3/30/18. They could have drawn things out and told me I was out of luck but they went the extra mile to ensure that I would receive the very best of care and come away satisfied.

Thanks to everyone at Richmond BMW, Adam, Dan you guys rock and Id buy you both a beer and a bourbon any time!

PRKelly
Appreciate 4
core22139.50
BMWM5NYC496.00
imyopusha195.50
DTP198083.00
      03-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

I wish BMW dealer that sold me my car was receptive like yours. I have issues with cooked front rotors. I took my car to BMW closest to my house for a regular scheduled maintenance, and asked SA to check my front brakes because they were squeaking and causing steering to shake when braking at highway speeds. I was told by SA that rotors have hotspots and that BMW NA would not cover replacement as this is an indication of non-standard driving. I raised this issue with the dealer I bought my car from to resolve this problem. Service manager told me that they conducted safety inspection before they put the car for sale, and rotors measured over 10mm. My argument is not a lifespan of these brakes, but what they cause. If they took the car on a trade-in with bad brakes, and discovered this issue during an inspection, and instead of replacing them for which they would bear financial responsibilities they decided to sell the car as is. Thus, they sold this problem to me. Initially, they were refusing to accept any responsibility until I told them that I’m going to speak to an attorney. Later, I was told to have my car towed to them which is 16o+ miles away from my location, and they would pay for it. When I asked them to provide full disclosure about paying for towing; zero response. Next interaction with operations manager about driving the car to them for an examination of rotor by their tech to which I agree. However, I asked them to have the parts on hand if they going to replace rotors at their expense. If they weren’t going to replace them without BMW NA one time approval then they should have a loaner, or a rental car for me while car is being checked by BMW rep. Guess what? Zero response. I also find out that car does not qualify for BMW extended warranty. As of right now, I’m meeting with an attorney next week to see if there was some sort wrong doing with this transaction.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
imyopusha
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP in Singapore Gray

This is a great testimony. Thanks for sharing. I am moving to NC. It may be worth the drive up there to get mine checked out.
2012 335i (SOLD)
Instagram- AY_M3 My ED thread: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1176511
Appreciate 1
PRKELLY66.00
      03-24-2018, 01:14 AM   #4
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

WickedBMW, there is a TSB out for squeeky brakes.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 05:09 AM   #5
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
WickedBMW, there is a TSB out for squeeky brakes.
Would you happen to have that TSB number? I will try to see if they accept it
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
Would you happen to have that TSB number? I will try to see if they accept it
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1430723