BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

about the white interior

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys, just one question about the interior
i ordered a m5 with black interior, now i think the white one probably be better looking, but their is one thing that im afraid of the white leather, is it too easy to get dirty? when it gets dirty, is it very hard to clean? its white marino leather

Please help me
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
monsterf10m5
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 m5

hi,
if i were you i would go for black (or dark) interior because of 2 reasons:
1. you are right, white leather easily gets dirty and it is hard to clean. it also gets a "yellow" look as time goes by because of the (sun)light coming into the car and also the dirt. a friend of mine has white leather and one time time a guy with black trousers was sitting next to him. the leather had dark "rubbings" after the ride....

2. i think black or dark interior is more timeless and you will love it thru the years

cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
///M5Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

What exterior colour did you choose? I think that is a big factor in the interior. Black goes with everything, but the white doesn't. Also, did you go full leather?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

What does BMW call the white leather? If you are referring to Platinum, it isn't actually white, more like a pale cream.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

The light leathers are bad at picking up colors from clothing. Stay med or dark.

The red (Sakhir Orange) will still pick up some blue from jeans if you are not careful.

Plus it'll get filthy from Cdn winters. Stay with a med color.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #6
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterf10m5 View Post
hi,
if i were you i would go for black (or dark) interior because of 2 reasons:
1. you are right, white leather easily gets dirty and it is hard to clean. it also gets a "yellow" look as time goes by because of the (sun)light coming into the car and also the dirt. a friend of mine has white leather and one time time a guy with black trousers was sitting next to him. the leather had dark "rubbings" after the ride....

2. i think black or dark interior is more timeless and you will love it thru the years

cheers
I agree with you, my old 2009 bmw 750i had black interior, it still looks very new after 3 years. My exterior color for the new m5 is Monte Carlo Blue, thats why i though light interior probably will look a bit better. do you think tint the window would help protect the sun damage the leather?
Thanks for your reply
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #7
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M5Canuck View Post
What exterior colour did you choose? I think that is a big factor in the interior. Black goes with everything, but the white doesn't. Also, did you go full leather?
Monte Carlo Blue, i think white would be better than black in this case, btw, not full leather
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
What does BMW call the white leather? If you are referring to Platinum, it isn't actually white, more like a pale cream.
its called Silverstone Extended Merino leather, its a bit gray, not like milky white
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #9
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
The light leathers are bad at picking up colors from clothing. Stay med or dark.

The red (Sakhir Orange) will still pick up some blue from jeans if you are not careful.

Plus it'll get filthy from Cdn winters. Stay with a med color.
so i think you suggest me dump my gf(cuz she wear jeans all the time) and move to florida, then i could get a light interior color m5, i think i am going to do that
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #10
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW0412 View Post
its called Silverstone Extended Merino leather, its a bit gray, not like milky white
Thanks - that's what I've ordered, with MCB. I've got black in everything else - I'm tired of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #11
monsterf10m5
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 m5

Quote:
I agree with you, my old 2009 bmw 750i had black interior, it still looks very new after 3 years. My exterior color for the new m5 is Monte Carlo Blue, thats why i though light interior probably will look a bit better. do you think tint the window would help protect the sun damage the leather?
Thanks for your reply
i think also darker glass will not solve the problem. sun and light is coming mostly through center window in the front.
i would go for dark interior.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Quote:
Monte Carlo Blue, i think white would be better than black in this case, btw, not full leather
My wife has a X5M Monte Carlo Blue with Full Black Merino Leather and I can not (imo) imagine the light white leather interior for it, just a thought for you. I saw from your information you are from Toronto, we went to the auto show yesterday and they have a Frozen Grey with the Silverstone interior ( white ) the interior was nice but I could not live with it for years ( personal preference ). The car is locked but if you get a representative they will unlock it and let you sit in it be prepared to be swarmed as soon as its unlocked we had to push are way into it and out. Since you have a black interior this may allow you to compare the white interior.
I am having a similar problem I really like the Monte Carlo Blue but all my cars and work trucks have been black and I am stuck between Azurite Black and Monte Carlo Blue.
Good Luck any colour you choose will be great

Last edited by AM47; 02-20-2012 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: word change
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #13
btv764
.:
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i M sport

I had oyster interior in my E90 and it was fairly easy to keep clean. It does require a bit of vigilance on your part though. Make sure you don't sit on a dirty park bench then hop in the car.

If I was putting something dirty on the seats I always put a towel down first.
      02-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47 View Post
My wife has a X5M Monte Carlo Blue with Full Black Merino Leather and I can not (imo) imagine the light white leather interior for it, just a thought for you. I saw from your information you are from Toronto, we went to the auto show yesterday and they have a Frozen Grey with the Silverstone interior ( white ) the interior was nice but I could not live with it for years ( personal preference ). The car is locked but if you get a representative they will unlock it and let you sit in it be prepared to be swarmed as soon as its unlocked we had to push are way into it and out. Since you have a black interior this may allow you to compare the white interior.
I am having a similar problem I really like the Monte Carlo Blue but all my cars and work trucks have been black and I am stuck between Azurite Black and Monte Carlo Blue.
Good Luck any colour you choose will be great
Both blue and black looks awesome, i didn't expect that Azurite Black looks so good until i saw the post in our forums. Mont Carlo blue looks very pretty, expecially in a sunny day. I dont think it looks so perfect if its cloudy or when it gets dirty. My old 750 is black so thats why i wanna try blue this time altho it is a bit risky.

The dealer told me for Merino leather, there are tiny little gaps in between, so it is hard to clean if there is another color/dirt droped in this gap. From all the pictures i saw of m5 in the car show or in bmw.com, they always put a MTB for exterior and white for interior, thats why i thought it would looks nice if the interior is white.

I went to the carshow as well, when they unlock the door and let me sit in the car, as soon as i put my ass on the seat, i feel so comfortable and exciting so i forgot to check the details for white interior lol. all i thought was driving this car and play golf in the summer. I probably should go to the Car Show again just for double check the white interior.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My wife has a X5M Monte Carlo Blue with Full Black Merino Leather and I can not (imo) imagine the light white leather interior for it, just a thought for you.
BMW chose MCB with Silverstone as the launch color - haven't you noticed?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #16
mdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

The silverstone interior will pickup all sorts of dirt, and worst of all it will pick up the dye from your belt. I had 130,000 miles on my E60 and replaced the driver's seat leather once, but it still looks like crap. Good move to get the black.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #17
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
BMW chose MCB with Silverstone as the launch color - haven't you noticed?
Yes I have.......... I think you are putting too much emphasis on the word imagine, the intent was that I can't imagine the white leather in our vehicle.
I hope that clears things up for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Both blue and black looks awesome, i didn't expect that Azurite Black looks so good until i saw the post in our forums. Mont Carlo blue looks very pretty, expecially in a sunny day. I dont think it looks so perfect if its cloudy or when it gets dirty. My old 750 is black so thats why i wanna try blue this time altho it is a bit risky.

The dealer told me for Merino leather, there are tiny little gaps in between, so it is hard to clean if there is another color/dirt droped in this gap. From all the pictures i saw of m5 in the car show or in bmw.com, they always put a MTB for exterior and white for interior, thats why i thought it would looks nice if the interior is white.

I went to the carshow as well, when they unlock the door and let me sit in the car, as soon as i put my ass on the seat, i feel so comfortable and exciting so i forgot to check the details for white interior lol. all i thought was driving this car and play golf in the summer. I probably should go to the Car Show again just for double check the white interior.
Did you decide what interior colour ? I spoke to our dealer still no final pricing. How about you did you get anymore information from your dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Did you decide what interior colour ? I spoke to our dealer still no final pricing. How about you did you get anymore information from your dealer ?
check ur inbox, i send you a message
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
check ur inbox, i send you a message
Please check your inbox for response
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #21
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes I have.......... I think you are putting too much emphasis on the word imagine, the intent was that I can't imagine the white leather in our vehicle.
I hope that clears things up for you.
Gotcha.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #22
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Hey guys, just one question about the interior
i ordered a m5 with black interior, now i think the white one probably be better looking, but their is one thing that im afraid of the white leather, is it too easy to get dirty? when it gets dirty, is it very hard to clean? its white marino leather

Please help me
I have Oyster in my 535d; after 17 months it still looks great and it's very easy to keep clean.
Appreciate 0