ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Vic, do NOT be telling me anything about an allocation for a GT3!

Lol! I likely will get a turbo for my next one. I think the current Carrera S/4S is the best bang for the buck. It is an utterly amazing car! I have 500+ miles on it already in the first week!
I wont tell you but that would be misinforming---I am confirmed and have first right of refusal. My build is already sitting on the GM's desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Dude we almost got arrested last Sunday ......the last thing you need is a GT3 revving to 9000 RPM!
I agree, a wild Coldlist killing the streets of GA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningthingz View Post
I had a 997TT PDK and its a great car- mine was a 2011 and the changes are not great from 2011 to 2013- It will be a fast amazing car but as Cold said, its the old chassis and the new is almost here. As for the price; no its too much, 15-20k heavy.
Ugh...well at least don't show me pics!-lol! I already found myself telling my wife the other day-"I have one more to go"

Yeeeesssshhhh! December is gonna be tough to get through!

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #288
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M / 991 Turbo S / Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
I love it!!!!! What a car. The M5 was a great car, but the 911 is a total and much better driver's car.

The 911 has surprising better ride than M5. M5 has a lot more power; however, the sensation of speed, gear changing, and the noise from the back of the car is something that the 911 has and can't be matched from M5.

The car also feel much solid and better built than the M5.

Have I mentioned, I love my Carrera red full leather interior?

Have I mentioned how much I love your car?
      09-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #289
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hothonda View Post
Not mine, but red interior works good here!

Oh my
Oh my. I will trade the car in for the lady. Hope front looks as good as the back. Lol
You can always approach things from behind-hahahahahahaha!

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #290
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
I hope you are not talking about the dog also
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #291
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #292
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions
Quote:
Well it looks like the dog is beating us to it! Hahahahahahaha!

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #293
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

I guess I'm following suit with you guys, I needed to drive a 911 for myself. I had the chance of a lifetime to look at an MKII GT3 RS yesterday. My buddy whom I sold my RS4 to knew about my obsession with GT3s and directed me to a private seller with a pristine example. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to be a tire kicker and not buy the car, but the seller was really lax about mine and my friend's visit. I nearly sh*t myself, the car was perfect. Upon seeing the car, I was thinking of ways to get rid of my M5, it was THAT nice. We did a quick walkaround (car was spotless, interior still had that rich leather smell) and after turning the ignition on, it was clear that it was not his daily driver. It had 2300 miles after 2 years of ownership!!! Never tracked, but peering in his garage were a set of Stoptech BBKs and slicks, so I guess he had plans for it. The owner turned out to be really friendly, a huge car nut, and a previous RS4 owner as well! After some harmless banter, there was an eerie silence. The owner then broke the silence with "I know you like the car, but let me give you a reason to love it." And opened the driver's door. I almost cried, the moment was too perfect. I was at a loss for words and had a stupid grin on my face. Started the engine, and most certainly came in my pants. The Metzger has the vibrations and mechanical noises to make a man go mad. I blipped the throttle and RPMs shot up incredibly fast, this was the most responsive engine I've came across. With the car at idle, it wasn't loud at all, perhaps due to the valves being closed. As I get the car moving, I immediately notice the seating position is perfect. Everything is driver centric, and the seats hug you like a bear. The clutch pedal is stiff, but gives heaps of precision and feel. The owner leads me through a series of residential streets before we make it on a 2 lane back road. At this point, I absolutely hammer the car in 2nd and the exhaust valves open, sending the most exhilarating exhaust note down my spine. Wailing to 8400 and grabbing 3rd, I KNEW this car had to be mine. The 3.8 induction noise at redline was absolutely intoxicating, easily the best sounding motor I've heard. The road suddenly got more technical, with some nice sweepers and nice left/right hander transitions. The tires have prodigious amounts of grip, the chassis is solid has granite, and the dampening in the suspension is, for lack of better words, stiff as a mofo. I didn't have the balls to get near the limit. The GT3 was tingling with information through the suede wheel and gearbox, something that I was only lamenting in the M5 after driving the Porsche. Also, the 6 speed on that thing just puts any manual I've driven to shame. I've never had this much pleasure driving an automobile, I was in pure bliss. Now it doesn't match the M5 for outright power, but the way this thing revs is just so raw and organic. The RS was alive. It was a sensory overload, I just couldn't comprehend the greatness of what I was driving. I was in my dream car. When my wet dream had ended, I got out we talked numbers and exchanged info and went on our way. The car wasn't stupendously expensive, he had 2 other offers he could entertain. Leaving, I thought that I was bit by the Porsche bug and I would get over it if I had time to sleep. Never once have I been that giddy so I thought I was just cuckoo. Well today isn't any better, it's worse!! It was perfection in automobile form, and now I will keep my eye out for GT3s. Yes, there are various cons (road noise, fuel consumption, semi slicks dangerous when wet) but this experience opened my eyes to a realm of new possibilities. I probably won't be buying his specific car (probably got snatched by a lucky SOB by now) but I'm definitely in the market for a 911 now. The M3/M4 can wait, this cannot. Sorry for thread jacking Coldlist!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #294
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
I guess I'm following suit with you guys, I needed to drive a 911 for myself. I had the chance of a lifetime to look at an MKII GT3 RS yesterday. My buddy whom I sold my RS4 to knew about my obsession with GT3s and directed me to a private seller with a pristine example. I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to be a tire kicker and not buy the car, but the seller was really lax about mine and my friend's visit. I nearly sh*t myself, the car was perfect. Upon seeing the car, I was thinking of ways to get rid of my M5, it was THAT nice. We did a quick walkaround (car was spotless, interior still had that rich leather smell) and after turning the ignition on, it was clear that it was not his daily driver. It had 2300 miles after 2 years of ownership!!! Never tracked, but peering in his garage were a set of Stoptech BBKs and slicks, so I guess he had plans for it. The owner turned out to be really friendly, a huge car nut, and a previous RS4 owner as well! After some harmless banter, there was an eerie silence. The owner then broke the silence with "I know you like the car, but let me give you a reason to love it." And opened the driver's door. I almost cried, the moment was too perfect. I was at a loss for words and had a stupid grin on my face. Started the engine, and most certainly came in my pants. The Metzger has the vibrations and mechanical noises to make a man go mad. I blipped the throttle and RPMs shot up incredibly fast, this was the most responsive engine I've came across. With the car at idle, it wasn't loud at all, perhaps due to the valves being closed. As I get the car moving, I immediately notice the seating position is perfect. Everything is driver centric, and the seats hug you like a bear. The clutch pedal is stiff, but gives heaps of precision and feel. The owner leads me through a series of residential streets before we make it on a 2 lane back road. At this point, I absolutely hammer the car in 2nd and the exhaust valves open, sending the most exhilarating exhaust note down my spine. Wailing to 8400 and grabbing 3rd, I KNEW this car had to be mine. The 3.8 induction noise at redline was absolutely intoxicating, easily the best sounding motor I've heard. The road suddenly got more technical, with some nice sweepers and nice left/right hander transitions. The tires have prodigious amounts of grip, the chassis is solid has granite, and the dampening in the suspension is, for lack of better words, stiff as a mofo. I didn't have the balls to get near the limit. The GT3 was tingling with information through the suede wheel and gearbox, something that I was only lamenting in the M5 after driving the Porsche. Also, the 6 speed on that thing just puts any manual I've driven to shame. I've never had this much pleasure driving an automobile, I was in pure bliss. Now it doesn't match the M5 for outright power, but the way this thing revs is just so raw and organic. The RS was alive. It was a sensory overload, I just couldn't comprehend the greatness of what I was driving. I was in my dream car. When my wet dream had ended, I got out we talked numbers and exchanged info and went on our way. The car wasn't stupendously expensive, he had 2 other offers he could entertain. Leaving, I thought that I was bit by the Porsche bug and I would get over it if I had time to sleep. Never once have I been that giddy so I thought I was just cuckoo. Well today isn't any better, it's worse!! It was perfection in automobile form, and now I will keep my eye out for GT3s. Yes, there are various cons (road noise, fuel consumption, semi slicks dangerous when wet) but this experience opened my eyes to a realm of new possibilities. I probably won't be buying his specific car (probably got snatched by a lucky SOB by now) but I'm definitely in the market for a 911 now. The M3/M4 can wait, this cannot. Sorry for thread jacking Coldlist!
Vic, and Cold another commission(: I agree the drive is unreal, but can't compare to the M5 different car. However , it does make you think. I did research for about a month and pulled the trigger. Look at the video on utube on the design of the 991 on mega factories, and it was a 6 year design that went into the car. It's 45 minutes but interesting! It sold Coldlst(:
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #295
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul
Oh you are not jacking the thread. This is what it's about! The P cars are amazing. And Inhave news for you-the 991 is even MORE amazing. It has similar track times as that GT3 you drove and it beat the 997 Carrera S around Nurburgring by a full 14 seconds! These cars are EXACTLY as you described-RAW and ENGAGING! The roar of those motors behind you is nothing short of intoxicating. I love mine so much. Added just an x-pipe and you should hear it! I have side mufflers coming in two weeks. I just cannot wait. Drive them ALL. It will really suck you in. I was literally dreaming about the darn things after driving them! You will never buy the M3 after you get one of these.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #296
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Vic, and Cold another commission(: I agree the drive is unreal, but can't compare to the M5 different car. However , it does make you think. I did research for about a month and pulled the trigger. Look at the video on utube on the design of the 991 on mega factories, and it was a 6 year design that went into the car. It's 45 minutes but interesting! It sold Coldlst(:
I've been dreaming about having a 911 for a while, this thread made turned that flame into a forest fire. Driving one, I am engulfed. The car is HOTT.
Quote:
Oh you are not jacking the thread. This is what it's about! The P cars are amazing. And Inhave news for you-the 991 is even MORE amazing. It has similar track times as that GT3 you drove and it beat the 997 Carrera S around Nurburgring by a full 14 seconds! These cars are EXACTLY as you described-RAW and ENGAGING! The roar of those motors behind you is nothing short of intoxicating. I love mine so much. Added just an x-pipe and you should hear it! I have side mufflers coming in two weeks. I just cannot wait. Drive them ALL. It will really suck you in. I was literally dreaming about the darn things after driving them! You will never buy the M3 after you get one of these.
A 991S is next on the list to drive, the ones all you guys have are stunningly gorgeous. I loved how involved I feel in the experience, and the steering response is just astonishing. I see what all the fuss is about. I've been lurking 6speedonline for the longest time just to spy on those damn Porsche guys. They are having all the fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #297
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul
Well said. I almost wet my pant after the first test drive. Sleep and dreaming about it. Like a disease, this 911 put smiles on face I never had experienced before.

Just ordered the sport exhaust today which can be turned on and off from cabin. Can't wait!!!
      09-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #298
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Well it looks like the dog is beating us to it! Hahahahahahaha!
This darn dog.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #299
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I've been dreaming about having a 911 for a while, this thread made turned that flame into a forest fire. Driving one, I am engulfed. The car is HOTT.

A 991S is next on the list to drive, the ones all you guys have are stunningly gorgeous. I loved how involved I feel in the experience, and the steering response is just astonishing. I see what all the fuss is about. I've been lurking 6speedonline for the longest time just to spy on those damn Porsche guys. They are having all the fun.
Funny you say that I'm on a plane now can't wait to get home and get the keys to go take a nice spirited drive. This weekend is all Porsche the M will stay parked until next weekend. Have the route mapped out nice weather on hot lanta! Hey Vic shout out if you want to do lunch with the girls(:
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #300
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Funny you say that I'm on a plane now can't wait to get home and get the keys to go take a nice spirited drive. This weekend is all Porsche the M will stay parked until next weekend. Have the route mapped out nice weather on hot lanta! Hey Vic shout out if you want to do lunch with the girls(:
We need to connect and go for a drive. Although you really need to learn to drive that manual. On our run I couldn't believe how you missed two or three gears in a row, the car kept jerking back and forth and the flames were shooting out the exhaust (behind all the black smoke). Perhaps you should have gone DCT!-hahahahahahahaha! KIDDING of course!

Last edited by ColdList; 09-06-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #301
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

Wish--- but you fuckers are just a bit too far
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #302
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Come on Vic only 1900 miles to GA. Sorry man I use to live in Palos Verdes back in 09.

Last edited by Bimmer6; 09-06-2013 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #303
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Come of Vic only 1900 miles to GA. Sorry man I use to live in Palos Verdes back in 09.
Vic doesn't like to drive I hear.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #304
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

I've had several Porsches including most recently a 2010 GT3 which was track prepped. Had that car for 3 years and loved every single mile. The time was right so I sold that at the end of last years with the intention of placing my order for the 991 GT3. And then..... I accidentally picked up an 09 Scuderia instead.

The scuderia is just on a different level....

That being said.... This week I am on my honeymoon and I had a 6 hour layover in Frankfurt. Avis has a deal with Lufthansa First passengers where you can rent a new 911 for 99 euros for 3 hours. I planned accordingly and picked it up and hit the autobahn. This wasn't even a carrera S... Just an plain carrera with PDK etc.

I was very impressed. It's a much more solid platform than the 997 was.... Now, I am sitting here considering dropping the Scud for an RS with Euro delivery next summer.... Hmmm... Decisions decisions....
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #305
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

yeah but then you have to pay the VAT if you do Porsche euro delivery. It's not a great program. I would keep both btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
I've had several Porsches including most recently a 2010 GT3 which was track prepped. Had that car for 3 years and loved every single mile. The time was right so I sold that at the end of last years with the intention of placing my order for the 991 GT3. And then..... I accidentally picked up an 09 Scuderia instead.

That being said.... This week I am on my honeymoon and I had a 6 hour layover in Frankfurt. Avis has a deal with Lufthansa First passengers where you can rent a new 911 for 99 euros for 3 hours. I planned accordingly and picked it up and hit the autobahn. This wasn't even a carrera S... Just an plain carrera with PDK etc.

I was very impressed. It's a much more solid platform than the 997 was.... Now, I am sitting here considering dropping the Scud for an RS with Euro delivery next summer.... Hmmm... Decisions decisions....
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 02:56 AM   #306
hsiaochinsan
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
yeah but then you have to pay the VAT if you do Porsche euro delivery. It's not a great program. I would keep both btw.

Quote:

The VAT should be deposit only and should be refunded after returning to the states. Have you experienced VAT not be returned?
      09-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #307
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Yeah, I drove the F430 recently as well and the Ferrari is a totally different car. Porsche seems more "all purpose" to me-I am not afraid to beat it up where in the Ferrari I kept thinking it was not right to drive it a lot-more of a garage queen. The Ferrari on turns really does feel like you are driving an F1 car-AMAZING. Still, I ended up with the Porsche. The 991 chassis just sort of sucks you in. Perfect mix of Sport and luxury. I also was not thrilled with a single clutch transmission-especially having the DCT already and having driven driving the Porsche w/PDK. The F430 would have that lag time in shifts like the SMG. Seemed "old". I bet that Scud is AMAZING! They have a GORGEOUS one for sale at a dealer here. I didn't even look too closely because I knew what could happen-lol!

Btw. CONGRATS on the wedding!

Last edited by ColdList; 09-07-2013 at 04:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #308
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Yeah, I drove the F430 recently as well and the Ferrari is a totally different car. Porsche seems more "all purpose" to me-I am not afraid to beat it up where in the Ferrari I kept thinking it was not right to drive it a lot-more of a garage queen. The Ferrari on turns really does feel like you are driving an F1 car-AMAZING. Still, I ended up with the Porsche. The 991 chassis just sort of sucks you in. Perfect mix of Sport and luxury. I also was not thrilled with a single clutch transmission-especially having the DCT already and having driven driving the Porsche w/PDK. The F430 would have that lag time in shifts like the SMG. Seemed "old". I bet that Scud is AMAZING! They have a GORGEOUS one for sale at a dealer here. I didn't even look too closely because I knew what could happen-lol!

Btw. CONGRATS on the wedding!
Mike,
Have you driven a 458 yet ?.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread