M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

04-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #23
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

buy a 14. they shit the bed.. i mean totally.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #24
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex91 View Post
Here you go
I know people don't want to see 2015 prices, but could you share 2015 with 10k miles?
First image is with 10k mile adjustment added, second is the latest transactions. The first three labeled FACTORY should be ignored (they're not standard cars), and the 4th FACTORY car is a 30 Jahre.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-14-2016, 10:55 PM   #25
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Id love to get a 14 but Im still not seeing the price drops on bmwusa.com!! Does that mean I can offer them a much lower amount than what is advertised?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 11:21 PM   #26
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny
Quote:
Id love to get a 14 but Im still not seeing the price drops on bmwusa.com!! Does that mean I can offer them a much lower amount than what is advertised?
What sort of price drop are you looking for on a '14?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 08:28 AM   #27
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten View Post
Im on the NE and it seems the M5 prices here are still pretty high. 2014 is still selling around 75k non CPO. i was hoping the pricing to drop to around 70k with CPO.

looking at the M5 certified pre owned inventory again today and it looks like the list go shorter. I suppose there is still a lot of demand for the F10 M5 in my area.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #28
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonm3ny
Quote:
Im on the NE and it seems the M5 prices here are still pretty high. 2014 is still selling around 75k non CPO. i was hoping the pricing to drop to around 70k with CPO.

looking at the M5 certified pre owned inventory again today and it looks like the list go shorter. I suppose there is still a lot of demand for the F10 M5 in my area.
What colors are preferred and what options are a must?

I know of a few cars that could be candidates. One that coincidentally was my neighbor's and could be had for an absolute steal. Less than 15k miles, clean history, maintained properly, and zero unscheduled service visits. It doesn't have CP or Full leather however. There are less than 40 2014's for sale nationwide. Its that time of the year to make a deal. The 36mo leases are going to start maturing, and a number of former Hertz cars have already hit the market with more to come...definitely want to avoid one of those.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #29
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

why avoid a hertz rental? my fathers old c63 was a rental, was dealer maintained prior to his purchase, and still carried factory warranty. and we had repairs done while he had it for a faulty nav screen etc.

stop making people paranoid. jesus christ.

i'm not sure why people sometimes ask for wholesale pricing, that is for dealers only. we buy them at wholesale, to sell to the gen pop. you will not get it at wholesale price, unless you know someone. who will most likely charge a fee for them getting the car etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #30
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
why avoid a hertz rental? my fathers old c63 was a rental, was dealer maintained prior to his purchase, and still carried factory warranty. and we had repairs done while he had it for a faulty nav screen etc.

i'm not sure why people sometimes ask for wholesale pricing, that is for dealers only. we buy them at wholesale, to sell to the gen pop. you will not get it at wholesale price, unless you know someone. who will most likely charge a fee for them getting the car etc.
People who ask for wholesale pricing are not expecting to get the cars at wholesale. It is a tool to use so you know how to try to make a deal for the car. By knowing how much a dealer paid for the car , it lets you know if the retail price is fair.
      04-15-2016, 06:45 PM   #31
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3

Because they're acquired a majority of the time by Hertz's subsidiary Donlen Corporation, then internally leased back to specific Regional Hertz LLC's, and self-insured. Cars involved in Moderate to major accidents that would blemish the vehicle history and resale value are sent directly for salvage sale, while minor body damage is repaired in house. Unless the repairs require the job to be performed at an authorized dealer, the history reports come back appearing clean or without much documented history. Your father's C63 is a good example of this practice. The first "service" was much more than that and took a while to complete. There's a reason it didn't follow the usual remarketing program and bounced between a couple of random dealerships, passed on by a few MB enthusiasts, and eventually running through a mid-tier auction facility, to reach Ft Lauderdale. There is one ex-Hertz M5 on the market that has ZERO service records of any type and unless one knows what to specifically look for, wouldn't know by looking at a carfax what its provenance is. The only history is the acquisition, lease, and 1 registration renewal. These cars are generally beat to hell and the fleet managers and service contracts are inconsistent. In some areas Authorized Dealerships have the contract for maintenance while in others, it's handled in-house, and often never completed. I've been given an M5 with more than 7k miles at least a dozen times in different cities and the cars had never even received the 1200mi break in service. Sadly the worst offender in my experience was a franchise location owned by a well respected dealership group with multiple BMW Dealerships and have since been removed from the Dream Car Program.

Now an important lesson to remember.

The auto industry in South Florida is far more organized and monitored than many realize. Don't tip over your father's boat with these blatantly intentional multiple personas. One moment you're clueless about the basic fundamentals of dealer transactions, replying to inquires for wholesale values with actual figures, then questioning why people ask for this privileged information reserved for dealers like yourself to broker or bird-dog a transaction.

News flash...technology has removed most of the secrecy from the wholesale market and society as a whole. Anyone with the desire to search, has 10 mins to spare, and can type words into the Google search box will find wholesale values in some form. It's no different than the information obtained from TrueCar for a new vehicle. Buyers want to either see a reasonable asking price above "cost" or have resources to assist in the negotiation process. If you have difficulty understanding this concept, I'll happily have someone from AutoNation drop off the Dealership Operations and Sales Training program I developed for them in 2008. The program which is becoming the industry standard everywhere.
Appreciate 3
      04-16-2016, 06:34 AM   #32
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Because they're acquired a majority of the time by Hertz's subsidiary Donlen Corporation, then internally leased back to specific Regional Hertz LLC's, and self-insured. Cars involved in Moderate to major accidents that would blemish the vehicle history and resale value are sent directly for salvage sale, while minor body damage is repaired in house. Unless the repairs require the job to be performed at an authorized dealer, the history reports come back appearing clean or without much documented history. Your father's C63 is a good example of this practice. The first "service" was much more than that and took a while to complete. There's a reason it didn't follow the usual remarketing program and bounced between a couple of random dealerships, passed on by a few MB enthusiasts, and eventually running through a mid-tier auction facility, to reach Ft Lauderdale. There is one ex-Hertz M5 on the market that has ZERO service records of any type and unless one knows what to specifically look for, wouldn't know by looking at a carfax what its provenance is. The only history is the acquisition, lease, and 1 registration renewal. These cars are generally beat to hell and the fleet managers and service contracts are inconsistent. In some areas Authorized Dealerships have the contract for maintenance while in others, it's handled in-house, and often never completed. I've been given an M5 with more than 7k miles at least a dozen times in different cities and the cars had never even received the 1200mi break in service. Sadly the worst offender in my experience was a franchise location owned by a well respected dealership group with multiple BMW Dealerships and have since been removed from the Dream Car Program.

Now an important lesson to remember.

The auto industry in South Florida is far more organized and monitored than many realize. Don't tip over your father's boat with these blatantly intentional multiple personas. One moment you're clueless about the basic fundamentals of dealer transactions, replying to inquires for wholesale values with actual figures, then questioning why people ask for this privileged information reserved for dealers like yourself to broker or bird-dog a transaction.

News flash...technology has removed most of the secrecy from the wholesale market and society as a whole. Anyone with the desire to search, has 10 mins to spare, and can type words into the Google search box will find wholesale values in some form. It's no different than the information obtained from TrueCar for a new vehicle. Buyers want to either see a reasonable asking price above "cost" or have resources to assist in the negotiation process. If you have difficulty understanding this concept, I'll happily have someone from AutoNation drop off the Dealership Operations and Sales Training program I developed for them in 2008. The program which is becoming the industry standard everywhere.

i get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, i could careless if a car was broken in properly, or maintained from the first mile. i buy used (i actually just put an order in for an m5 a week ago this will be my first new car) and all i need to worry about is if the car is covered under factory warranty for the time being that I will have it. Which will not be very long. My fathers amg was perfectly, only thing that was damaged when we bought it were all 4 rims. lol. had them repaired, and car was pristine. if i told you it was a rental from the beginning you would've never believed me. all i'm saying is, if you know what you're doing and what to look for, steals can be had.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #33
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
i get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, i could careless if a car was broken in properly, or maintained from the first mile. i buy used (i actually just put an order in for an m5 a week ago this will be my first new car) and all i need to worry about is if the car is covered under factory warranty for the time being that I will have it. Which will not be very long. My fathers amg was perfectly, only thing that was damaged when we bought it were all 4 rims. lol. had them repaired, and car was pristine. if i told you it was a rental from the beginning you would've never believed me. all i'm saying is, if you know what you're doing and what to look for, steals can be had.
Honestly if an m5 was a stock rental for 3-10k miles... Unless someone knew the terrible launch technique, I think having had one for 20,000 miles doing 160+ pulls with +6lbs of boost on an early JB4 it really is a safe and reliable car to buy.

You see our guys making 650,750,800 and the car taking it all day, a stock car lightly or moderately abused aside from like dumping the wrong oil in or putting 87 in it/ constantly launching it... Should be fine lol
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #34
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Honestly if an m5 was a stock rental for 3-10k miles... Unless someone knew the terrible launch technique, I think having had one for 20,000 miles doing 160+ pulls with +6lbs of boost on an early JB4 it really is a safe and reliable car to buy.

You see our guys making 650,750,800 and the car taking it all day, a stock car lightly or moderately abused aside from like dumping the wrong oil in or putting 87 in it/ constantly launching it... Should be fine lol

lol. people acting like their going to keep the m5 until they die.

buy it, beat, it, get rid of it before warranty is out.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 03:57 PM   #35
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:

Yeah lol... I mean if you buy an m5 with 10,000-50k miles on it and need it for 10-30k miles unless you got a dud, or some freak failure rate started happening like with 335i's and water pumps going bad at or near certain intervals, the car should be fine...

I would honestly not hesitate to buy a s63tu with this drivetrain at 70k miles assuming ownership wasn't like 4,5,6 people after seeing how well the car takes abuse.

Now I guess if say you had to out of pocket injectors, brakes, and tires on your own you could be facing a massive bill but again if you save 70% on the car lol that shouldn't be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #36
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post

That's the thing with the Hertz M5's. Most of them don't receive oil changes and whatever is on hand is dumped in. I've also seen Hertz employees put 87 in them and it's likely the majority of renters do the same. I only came across one with Launch Control activated and just looked at a pic with the odometer visible...787 miles on the car.

Quote:

Since that's your feeling, BMWFS has begun charging damages after the lease over with regards to maintenance. They will no longer CPO any car that doesn't have an authorized dealer service history and will gladly hold the leasee responsible as its in the contract.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #37
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That's the thing with the Hertz M5's. Most of them don't receive oil changes and whatever is on hand is dumped in. I've also seen Hertz employees put 87 in them and it's likely the majority of renters do the same. I only came across one with Launch Control activated and just looked at a pic with the odometer visible...787 miles on the car.

Since that's your feeling, BMWFS has begun charging damages after the lease over with regards to maintenance. They will no longer CPO any car that doesn't have an authorized dealer service history and will gladly hold the leasee responsible as its in the contract.

why are you always on my dick? are you OK?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 10:36 PM   #38
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Quote:
why are you always on my dick? are you OK?
Damn, you're a dude??
Appreciate 0