M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #23
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

congrats! Do you know the residuals and money factors?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #24
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
congrats! Do you know the residuals and money factors?
Thanks! I should be getting an email with that information shortly (with respect to my impending lease). The deal is still contingent on the lease rates remaining the same when the late August/early September delivery rolls around.

Using Ally, the May base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 0.95% and 42%.

Also, there is currently a $6,510 cash incentive on 39-month leases through Ally.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #25
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan 6MT

Congrats! I personally thought the Black Diamond has so much metallic flakes in it that it looks more grey than black, but I'd rock it, nonetheless.

Opulent Blue Metallic with Satin Black wheels and yellow Brembos, Black interior with Recaros, Midnight Wood, Suede (which comes with aluminum pedals) and 6MT, Sedan with no sunroof, that would be my personal order...

...too bad it costs $81k up here with EXTREMELY low volumes, so even my aforementioned $75k deal would be a bit of a stretch in my neck of woods

Whereas, E92 M3s and X5/X6Ms are dime a dozen. There's even an Individual Fire Orange (I believe delivered for over $120k), plus at least 2 Frozen Grey Edition M3s, and at least 5 (yes, FIVE) Frozen Black Edition M3s running around, all of which were sold for more than $100k due to dealer-installed accessories and special order markups. And yet, 5 CTS-Vs on the lot across 4 Cadillac dealers, all automatics and not moved. Weird huh?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Thanks for the numbers. Heres a lease with those numbers but for the coupe and for 10k miles.
Coupe
MSRP-$74,100
Selling price-$62,000
10k/39 month,$0 cap cost
fees and taxes up front
$791/month
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #27
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Thank you!

Yeah the Diamond Black has an absurd amount of flake in it but that's why I like it - it will be a black that will hide swirls well.

I haven't seen the Opulent Blue in person but I'm partial to a nice blue. Yellow Brembos would really pop with that color choice.

That's too bad regarding the pricing up there. The bright side is you currently have a fantastic car! Are you happy with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable View Post
Congrats! I personally thought the Black Diamond has so much metallic flakes in it that it looks more grey than black, but I'd rock it, nonetheless.

Opulent Blue Metallic with Satin Black wheels and yellow Brembos, Black interior with Recaros, Midnight Wood, Suede (which comes with aluminum pedals) and 6MT, Sedan with no sunroof, that would be my personal order...

...too bad it costs $81k up here with EXTREMELY low volumes, so even my aforementioned $75k deal would be a bit of a stretch in my neck of woods

Whereas, E92 M3s and X5/X6Ms are dime a dozen. There's even an Individual Fire Orange (I believe delivered for over $120k), plus at least 2 Frozen Grey Edition M3s, and at least 5 (yes, FIVE) Frozen Black Edition M3s running around, all of which were sold for more than $100k due to dealer-installed accessories and special order markups. And yet, 5 CTS-Vs on the lot across 4 Cadillac dealers, all automatics and not moved. Weird huh?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the numbers. Heres a lease with those numbers but for the coupe and for 10k miles.
Coupe
MSRP-$74,100
Selling price-$62,000
10k/39 month,$0 cap cost
fees and taxes up front
$791/month
No problem! Those look very good for the coupe - who is quoting you those numbers? I forgot to mention Lockhart Cadillac is my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Congrats. Looking forward to pics and your owners review, especially after you find a nice, empty, safe stretch of road where you can stretch its legs out.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #30
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Congrats. Looking forward to pics and your owners review, especially after you find a nice, empty, safe stretch of road where you can stretch its legs out.
Thank you. I know of some good roads to do exactly that.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #31
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
No problem! Those look very good for the coupe - who is quoting you those numbers? I forgot to mention Lockhart Cadillac is my dealer.
I did these myself based on the discount you got and the numbers you provided.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #32
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's too bad regarding the pricing up there. The bright side is you currently have a fantastic car! Are you happy with it?
Hmm, lost my post in that couple minutes upgrade there. Hopefully this is not repost.

The E90 M3 you mean? Yeah, it's a great car. However, from all accounts the LSA engine and Delphi's MagnaRide shocks are in a totally different league, so I can't help but lust after them...

...especially when it won't cost me anything more over my current payment term, plus I get done 3 months early. Downside is, I have to drive a wagon. Boo-hoo.

My idea of "fun" is to go on weekend backroads highways driving trip, 700+ miles in 2 days on twisty 2-lane roads. Not really interested in auto-x or road course track days. So, I'm not too concerned about the differences in weight and length and steering feel between the 2 cars.

Still, not decided yet myself, because I've taken serious FLAK amongst family and friends for even considering trading a BMW for an... American... WAGON. It's my own decision to make but I might have to burn a few bridges to make the jump

Congrats again, though! Options list? Just making sure you're getting all the "right stuffs" (Recaros, suede, 6MT, graphite wheels, yellow Brembos)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #33
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Quote:
Hmm, lost my post in that couple minutes upgrade there. Hopefully this is not repost.

The E90 M3 you mean? Yeah, it's a great car. However, from all accounts the LSA engine and Delphi's MagnaRide shocks are in a totally different league, so I can't help but lust after them...

...especially when it won't cost me anything more over my current payment term, plus I get done 3 months early. Downside is, I have to drive a wagon. Boo-hoo.

My idea of "fun" is to go on weekend backroads highways driving trip, 700+ miles in 2 days on twisty 2-lane roads. Not really interested in auto-x or road course track days. So, I'm not too concerned about the differences in weight and length and steering feel between the 2 cars.

Still, not decided yet myself, because I've taken serious FLAK amongst family and friends for even considering trading a BMW for an... American... WAGON. It's my own decision to make but I might have to burn a few bridges to make the jump

Congrats again, though! Options list? Just making sure you're getting all the "right stuffs" (Recaros, suede, 6MT, graphite wheels, yellow Brembos)
I knew it. Some people(foreigners) think foreign cars are superior to American cars. I can hear it now, "what are you crazy?!?!, trade in a BMW for an American piece of shit?!?!" Yet they have no clue(or are ignorant) that this American piece a shit will run circles around their overpriced, heavy, slow, small displacement, unreliable foreign car. I have TONS of these dreamers in my family. Especially being European. BTW, before the fanboi club steps in, I have had euro cars in my family forever.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #34
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

You are most welcome. The experience was amazing with great food and refreshments. It was fun competitive driving event with awesome experience on race track doing laps not to mention drag races, slalom, and braking events. I came back with a huge grin.

Also, got to meet Mr. John Heinricy who is the head of GM performance division and his thoughts and ideas. As he holds the ring record for CTS-V.

I came away thinking I wish BMW would hold more competitive events like that to keep customer base happy and maybe even steal some from others. Are you listening BMW bring the M6 or M5 near my town on race track

Seems like you have decided on a CTS-V sedan so congrats. I think you will enjoy the experience minus the gas bill. I hope you are going with 6-speed manual. The black is nice and so is the white. I have not seen the blue but I have always liked a nice blue. Either way you can't go wrong because it is a fantastic performance car for price.

I see a Red CTS-V coupe almost every day driving side by side with me to work for a part of my commute. It looks great and some female is driving it. I wonder some times if she even knows how powerful that beast is or what it is capable off on a race track. Then I say Nahhhh she might just have it as a status symbol...........what a bias male pig I am....

Either way congrats and good luck. I would be very interested to see what kind of lease numbers does your dealership give you. How much of a better deal is it vs M3 similarly priced.

Quote:
Thanks for the thoughts and photos. That looks like it was a great experience.

Performance-wise, I agree that the M3/M5 would be more proper reference points but from the price perspective, I have gotten the CTS-V into fully loaded 335i price range.

Definitely agree regarding the fuel consumption.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

650hp for $1,948.95!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C412

Congrats on your purchase!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
You guys down in the US are too lucky. Up here in Canada my local incentives right now are:

- $2500 discount from factory
- 4.99% financing

That's why I haven't made a factory-order on one yet. Even with a decent-to-great deal, I'm expected to fork out $75k+ for one of these. That's about the same as what I paid for my fair-optioned 2011 E90 M3. No thanks.
Really? When I looked they had a $72K offer on the table with zero negotiations.

M3 was listed at $89K well equipped with limited movement available.

Quote:
Last summer I made a run at one Black Raven / Ebony / Satin / Yellow Brembos Sedan, and it was 10% off so it was still listed at $73k @ 5.19%. Passed on it and picked up the M3, but regretted not having made a more seriously look at it ever since
That number seems much more realistic.

Quote:
Did you try to get one in the US?
We can't buy new down there. However, a very lightly used one would likely be a steal right now with our dollar being so strong at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #37
Veritable
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Really? When I looked they had a $72K offer on the table with zero negotiations.

M3 was listed at $89K well equipped with limited movement available.
Was it a car on the lot or was it for factory orders? MSRP is $81k for a loaded 6MT Sedan with no sunroof so I can't imagine the local dealers knock $9k off on a factory order.... But, it might be an Alberta thing

Whereas my M3, M-Drive + Audiophile + M-DCT + High Gloss + Parking Sensor + 19in + no leather (yes, Speed Cloth) also had $81k MSRP and I got it for $73k, no negotiation... but it was also my 4th BMW from the same dealership in 7 years.

Then again, you guys (in Calgary) seems to have way more CTS-Vs than we do here in Vancouver. We have way, WAY more BMW Ms instead. You guys also keep the weirdest things in stock; there's a loaded Black Raven 6MT Sedan on the lot there, and also my Speed Cloth M3 was enroute to Calgary as well before being intercepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
We can't buy new down there. However, a very lightly used one would likely be a steal right now with our dollar being so strong at the moment.
I'm nice and close to Washington State and Oregon, but 6MT Vs are still rarer than flying pigs. Also there's that complete lack of km/h on the speedometer to contend with... dealers can re-program the speedo but the indicators don't change, so you end up with a 200km/h speedometer, which is obviously quite useless.

Imported C6 Corvettes have the same issue... my brother-in-law looked at importing C6 Z06s before settling on a local R35 GT-R.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #38
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I did these myself based on the discount you got and the numbers you provided.
Oh okay!

Quote:

I wish my Options List read like that - I'm getting it "stripped."

With Bluetooth, Bose 5.1 surround sound 10-speaker audio system, navigation (+ OnStar), heated/power-adjustable seats (including lumbar support), auto-dimming rearview mirror, keyless access/start, rearview backup camera, SiriusXM, Rear Park Assist, alarm system, and universal garage door opener coming as standard equipment - I am quite content.

The only thing I'm really missing out on big time is the Recaro seats. The car I test drove had them and they offered great lateral support.

However, whenever I got on the throttle hard the damned things seemed to rock back a bit as I was pushed against the seat back (and I only weigh 150 pounds). That was a little unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
You are most welcome. The experience was amazing with great food and refreshments. It was fun competitive driving event with awesome experience on race track doing laps not to mention drag races, slalom, and braking events. I came back with a huge grin.

Also, got to meet Mr. John Heinricy who is the head of GM performance division and his thoughts and ideas. As he holds the ring record for CTS-V.

I came away thinking I wish BMW would hold more competitive events like that to keep customer base happy and maybe even steal some from others. Are you listening BMW bring the M6 or M5 near my town on race track

Seems like you have decided on a CTS-V sedan so congrats. I think you will enjoy the experience minus the gas bill. I hope you are going with 6-speed manual. The black is nice and so is the white. I have not seen the blue but I have always liked a nice blue. Either way you can't go wrong because it is a fantastic performance car for price.

I see a Red CTS-V coupe almost every day driving side by side with me to work for a part of my commute. It looks great and some female is driving it. I wonder some times if she even knows how powerful that beast is or what it is capable off on a race track. Then I say Nahhhh she might just have it as a status symbol...........what a bias male pig I am....

Either way congrats and good luck. I would be very interested to see what kind of lease numbers does your dealership give you. How much of a better deal is it vs M3 similarly priced.
Thank you sir! That's awesome that you got to chat a bit with John Heinricy. I'd like to sit in on a lap with him at the wheel.

It's funny you mention the female cruising around in the CTS-V coupe. You just never know . . . . I was at the gas station a few days ago and an attractive woman (early 30s) pulled up to the pump in an E90 M3. As she was filling up I made the comment, "That's a beautiful M3 you have there."

She said thanks, made a comment about by Le Mans Blue 335i, and then I asked her how she liked the DCT transmission (assuming that's what she had and testing her to see if she knew what I was referring to).

She replied, "No DCT for me - I have to row my own gears." In my head: "Will you marry me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
650hp for $1,948.95!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C412

Congrats on your purchase!!!
Thanks man! I have the mindset now that I'll be keeping it bone stock but after a week . . . who knows what I'll do.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #39
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

John Heinricy is a very down to earth fellow. You would think that a guy who is the Head of the GM performance division would be a bit full of himself but none of that.

Yeah, I taught my wife how to drive a manual but she hates it. I wish that girl you meet at the pump would rub off on my wife....lol.

As for Recaro seats they are nice but not as nice as found in some other cars. So you will not miss out that big. The 556hp is enough to keep any man happy. If I would do any upgrade on a CTS-V. It would be even wider tires in the rear and maybe a real nice looking set of wider/larger wheels.

I wonder if you did noticed that all stock CTS-V coupe/sedan have a huge gap between 19" wheel/tires and the fender. I guess they do not have to be as aggressively close to the rear fender as BMW 19" with sport pkg due to the constantly adjusting magnetic shocks. If that gap is filled the car will even look more aggressive.

Quote:
Oh okay!

Thank you sir! That's awesome that you got to chat a bit with John Heinricy. I'd like to sit in on a lap with him at the wheel.

It's funny you mention the female cruising around in the CTS-V coupe. You just never know . . . . I was at the gas station a few days ago and an attractive woman (early 30s) pulled up to the pump in an E90 M3. As she was filling up I made the comment, "That's a beautiful M3 you have there."

She said thanks, made a comment about by Le Mans Blue 335i, and then I asked her how she liked the DCT transmission (assuming that's what she had and testing her to see if she knew what I was referring to).

She replied, "No DCT for me - I have to row my own gears." In my head: "Will you marry me?"

nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #40
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
I have been in a lot of cars but WOW the V is insane.. I can not wait to pull the trigger on one..!!

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #41
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
:
Sorry but that interior is just as nice as any german car... And last time I looked Cadillac is at the very top of JD power for reliability for 2012.. Look at where BMW is. My 135i spent more time in the shop then I actually drove it. ( I bought it brand new 2010)

Sorry but I think this V is a home run for Cadillac..

I agree did not like the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

(I quoted you cus I thought the pics would show opps) car looks GREAT!!

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #42
Labrada_Exoticz
Subscribed
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

You're gonna love it!
I got a '12 diamond black sedan last october Lovin it!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #43
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

I can't get past that ugly grille on the CTS-V. looks like it belongs on Mike Jones teeth. interior is even worse then the exterior. but if you're seeking a sedan with monster strait line power, you could do far worse I suppose
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #44
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have to disagree with you on the interior. The interior of CTS-V has few nice touches and might look better then the interior of a basic BMW 1 series. Offcourse the cheapest BMW made car in its lineup 1 series is not the best to compare against when it comes to interior quality. It is a 1 series for a reason.

CTS-V is not in the same ball park as M3, M5, or M6 interior which feel more substantial in interior fit and finish and quality of material. Ditto goes for Audi, MB, Jaguar, or even Lexus competitors interiors they all are superior to the CTS interior.

On the other hand it is one of the best interiors among USA made cars. Anyone that is buying the CTS-V knows it is not for the interior it is for a great performance bargain and overall decent pkg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYearsBoy View Post
Sorry but that interior is just as nice as any german car... And last time I looked Cadillac is at the very top of JD power for reliability for 2012.. Look at where BMW is. My 135i spent more time in the shop then I actually drove it. ( I bought it brand new 2010)

Sorry but I think this V is a home run for Cadillac..

I agree did not like the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.

(I quoted you cus I thought the pics would show opps) car looks GREAT!!

Last edited by Kayani_1; 05-19-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0