BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #1
m5bbq
Private
Rep
Drives: M5's

50k mile maintenance items?

I just purchased f10 m5 and going through the car with a fine comb. Reading from the carfax history, it just got oil changes and battery replaced recently.

I'm getting everything from fcp euro, so I'm planning on getting the following replaced:

spark plugs, coils, wideband o2 sensor, engine & cabin filters, brake fluid, and engine oil/filter.

do you guys have any preference on brand for the f10 m5? OEM seems to be Bosch.

how about the injectors, maf sensor, fuel filter, dct fluid/filter? and do these DI engines build up carbon at the intake?

The previous owner had bunch of kids so interior is a bit messy. It's silverstone, so every mark shows. Do you recommend any cleaning solutions and dye kit? Similar for my exterior--could use some touch up paint.

My rear glass rubber trim also looks a little tired but I can't find replacement seal for it... do you guys have the part number?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by m5bbq; 08-12-2022 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 03:53 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

If car is running fine and there's evidence of items being serviced then no need to do it, the DCT is sealed for life. Some have changed stuff only to bring up DTM's and problems.
We have service books where for instance brake fluid is changed every two years and spark plugs when it's time for it to be done approximately every 30k miles depending on how it was driven.
Injectors are only for professionals to change with special tools.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 06:25 AM   #3
m5bbq
Private
Rep
Drives: M5's

excellent, thanks. from the history of this car, the plugs were just regapped at around 30k miles. I think the car's on her original plugs. I'll just do fluids, coils, plugs, and filters now.

do these engines have issue with carbon build up at the intake?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2022, 06:55 AM   #4
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5bbq View Post
excellent, thanks. from the history of this car, the plugs were just regapped at around 30k miles. I think the car's on her original plugs. I'll just do fluids, coils, plugs, and filters now.

do these engines have issue with carbon build up at the intake?
Hmm plugs just re-gapped...I'd take that with pinch of salt. It's a bit of work to get to the ones at the back with removing stuff so can't understand why they were not replaced hence I would replace those now, standard gap is 0.032.

With any direct injection engines you would have carbon build up after a fair amount of miles especially around the inlet valves, putting some injector,UCL and exhaust valve cleaner like Redex from time to time say every fourth tank into the fuel tank before filling up will help to a certain extent though not much around the inlet chambers because of the set up of the DI.
Appreciate 0