M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #67
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
Thank you; if you can point me in the direction of a website of supplier/reseller in UK, that would be helpful for some initial research.

Part Dept have already said the F10 M Perf exhaust will be hard sell to there DP and I will be surprised if BMW UK have one fitted to one of their demos. I prefer OEM mods, but not speculatively spending that much if I can't hear it in advance and determine that the change is significant in comparison to CP exhaust.
i will send u pm now
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #68
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
I care for the same reason you care about loud accords and evos.... Its obnoxious.
And why would you care what someone else spends on quality parts?
It seems that you should care more about public noise pollution then what someone spends on their private purchases, no?

I live for myself with consideration to others.... Dont you?
dude, new year is coming, i am in good mood
i cant be bothered to argue with u
to each his own at the end of the day

the only difference between evos and m5

evos are even crazy loud at idle and straight-piped m5 only becomes loud, when u really push it!

so if i am driving at night, on residential streets, i wouldnt push it like a dickhead, however evos passing by at 20mph make whole street shake

whatever i do is my personal business, same as wherever and as much money people spend it is their own business, i am just giving personal advice, which most people would appreciate and might review their plans on buying akra, only because it is stupid money for more or less "0" upgrade

if it would make significant change, i would get it myself!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #69
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Quote:
I'm going to have to check out the RPi options in comparison, as you previously suggested.
The force guided you there.

Click on my country runs and you'll see why.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #70
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
The force guided you there.

Click on my country runs and you'll see why.
Thanks, I've already viewed to all the videos (yours, RPiM5s, etc.) and they seem to fix my need for a bit more 'drama' under heavier acceleration , just not sure if they would compromise long distance refinement (and I have read RPiM5s comments that even his 'extreme' version can be quiet).

I'm also somewhat risk adverse, hence, the OEM option was appealing, (obviously comes at a cost), but this post seems to question how much of a step up the M Perf. would be from CP sports exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #71
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
i will send u pm now
Thank you.

Would prefer to deal with UK reseller, so that is anther factor to consider (for me, at least).
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #72
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Quote:
i will send u pm now
Thank you.

Would prefer to deal with UK reseller, so that is anther factor to consider (for me, at least).
U pay extra and wait longer!
Up 2 u mate
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #73
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I've already viewed to all the videos (yours, RPiM5s, etc.) and they seem to fix my need for a bit more 'drama' under heavier acceleration , just not sure if they would compromise long distance refinement (and I have read RPiM5s comments that even his 'extreme' version can be quiet).

I'm also somewhat risk adverse, hence, the OEM option was appealing, (obviously comes at a cost), but this post seems to question how much of a step up the M Perf. would be from CP sports exhaust.
The difference between Dave's car and mine is that he has non resonated pipes and mine are resonated. Also he already has dp. The resonated helps to not have any drone. MstMng has the same setup as me. Inside my car is quite as a mouse until you get down on it. Just remember any car will be louder from the outside and from my videos that is where you are hearing the sound from. I have a microphone connected up to the lp. Hours of long distance highway driving with the family and not one single noise complaint. Hope this helps. I also have a video with no mic hooked up and getting down on it so provide your email and I will send it to you.

Brian

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #74
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
dude, new year is coming, i am in good mood
i cant be bothered to argue with u
to each his own at the end of the day

the only difference between evos and m5

evos are even crazy loud at idle and straight-piped m5 only becomes loud, when u really push it!

so if i am driving at night, on residential streets, i wouldnt push it like a dickhead, however evos passing by at 20mph make whole street shake

whatever i do is my personal business, same as wherever and as much money people spend it is their own business, i am just giving personal advice, which most people would appreciate and might review their plans on buying akra, only because it is stupid money for more or less "0" upgrade

if it would make significant change, i would get it myself!
Here, let me qualify your statements against Akra, which include "useless" and "stupid" amongst other valuable and factual statements.

FACT #1
Akra exhausts are built to a quality that has yet to be matched or rivaled, have you seen the welds? have you installed one vs. other exhausts? = the fitment is OE. And the materials used = mega.

FACT #2
Akra exhausts have powered the 24 Hour of LeMans winner 3 years in a row.
Has RPi won anything, anywhere? Eisenmann? Any other exhaust on the F10M5

FACT #3
This is the lightest exhaust you can get for the F10M5

FACT #4
Your opinion about it being stupid or useless or whatever other negatives you have to spew about this masterpiece of an exhaust system is worth about as much as ... well, the bandwidth it took to write this.

You get what you pay for. Is a Ferrari 458 really worth $300k? Probably not, especially since you can get a plastic Nissan to smoke it for 1/3rd that.
It's about the prestige, the unparalleled quality, craftsmanship and exclusivity. That's why Ferrari, that's why Akra.

Good day to you sir.
May your obnoxiously loud exhaust annoy no one and may the drone in your cabin keep your brain from vibrating out of your ears.

Last edited by mastek; 01-09-2014 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #75
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

RPI FTW!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #76
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Here, let me qualify your statements against Akra, which include "useless" and "stupid" amongst other valuable and factual statements.

FACT #1
Akra exhausts are built to a quality that has yet to be matched or rivaled, have you seen the welds? have you installed one vs. other exhausts? = the fitment is OE. And the materials used = mega.

FACT #2
Akra exhausts have powered the 24 Hour of LeMans winner 3 years in a row.
Has RPi won anything, anywhere? Eisenmann? Any other exhaust on the F10M5

FACT #3
This is the lightest exhaust you can get for the F10M5

FACT #4
Your opinion about it being stupid or useless or whatever other negatives you have to spew about this materpiece of an exhaust system is worth about as much as ... well, the bandwidth it took to write this.

You get what you pay for. Is a Ferrari 458 really worth $300k? Probably not, especially since you can get a plastic Nissan to smoke it for 1/3rd that.
It's about the prestige, the unparalleled quality, craftsmanship and exclusivity. That's why Ferrari, that's why Akra.

Good day to you sir.
May your obnoxiously loud exhaust annoy no one and may the drone in your cabin keep your brain from vibrating out of your ears.
we can fight forever here
i will have points against your every single fact and you will have points against my facts etc etc

and just to let know, i have 0 drone! and haters will be haters
#f*ckthehaters no offence dude!
hope u enjoying your akra, if you have one!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #77
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
we can fight forever here
i will have points against your every single fact and you will have points against my facts etc etc

and just to let know, i have 0 drone! and haters will be haters
#f*ckthehaters no offence dude!
hope u enjoying your akra, if you have one!
lol = what point could you have against Akra winning the LeMans 24 ... lol
Your gonna tell me that's an RPi exhaust on the Red Bull RB09 =

Why are you calling ME a hater when it was you who insulted the Akra??
I am only standing up for a product that is superior in the world of exhausts at this moment.
Your a weird dude
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #78
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
RPI FTW!
Akra FTMFW
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #79
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
lol = what point could you have against Akra winning the LeMans 24 ... lol
Your gonna tell me that's an RPi exhaust on the Red Bull RB09 =

Why are you calling ME a hater when it was you who insulted the Akra??
I am only standing up for a product that is superior in the world of exhausts at this moment.
Your a weird dude
i didnt call you hater, thats why i said NO OFFENCE DUDE, meaning it is not related to you, just general statement! if it is not clear, my bad!

akra winning leMans 24 lol
it is audi winning leMans 24 with akra exhaust on it
there is big difference between those 2!
exhaust is exhaust, at the end of the day it is just the "tunnel" where gases travel from the engine to the open air!
u think audi drivers wouldnt be capable to win leman with rpi, eisenmann or their own exhaust?

i dont need to explain to you why they are using akra, why moto gp safety cars use akra

hope u got my point!

ps: u have akra?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #80
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i didnt call you hater, thats why i said NO OFFENCE DUDE, meaning it is not related to you, just general statement! if it is not clear, my bad!

akra winning leMans 24 lol
it is audi winning leMans 24 with akra exhaust on it
there is big difference between those 2!
exhaust is exhaust, at the end of the day it is just the "tunnel" where gases travel from the engine to the open air!
u think audi drivers wouldnt be capable to win leman with rpi, eisenmann or their own exhaust?

i dont need to explain to you why they are using akra, why moto gp safety cars use akra

hope u got my point!

ps: u have akra?
Ya you did... you said Fck the haters and meanwhile, your the only one thats really "hating" on Akra in this thread.

Really?
That's like saying the Michelin's won the race
It's all relative man. It's all part of the package.
Akra for the M F win ....man.

Love my Akra
quiet, sophisticated, under the radar but hints at something wicked at cruise speed...
then vicious bass and snarls and burps, evoking engineering excellence at revs. Best of both world's... just like the F10M5 = perfect match
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #81
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ya you did... you said Fck the haters and meanwhile, your the only one thats really "hating" on Akra in this thread.

Really?
That's like saying the Michelin's won the race
It's all relative man. It's all part of the package.
Akra for the M F win ....man.

Love my Akra
quiet, sophisticated, under the radar but hints at something wicked at cruise speed...
then vicious bass and snarls and burps, evoking engineering excellence at revs. Best of both world's... just like the F10M5 = perfect match
no man, michelin plays significant role, exhaust's role is pretty much as rolex sticker on the car! if u change rolex to omega, car is not gonna have different handling (if u r talking about michelin)

i am NOT hating akra at all! its beautiful craftsmanship - which u never see!
eisenmann quality built is definitely very close to akra's
i never said rpi is the best! quality is not wow, but VERY VERY good!

my main 2 points against akra are: they comply with EU laws (quiet), nearly no difference with comparison to OEM exhaust, thats why too expensive just because of the brand/name!

i can come back to ferrari vs gtr talk, to reassure u it is different talk!

i am repeating myself again again...

"vicious bass and snarls and burps, evoking engineering excellence at revs" - u ever heard e-race or rpi gtm seating inside the car?

if you dont like loud exhausts, as u clearly don't, then we are talking bout different things!

to each his own!

btw, how many hp akra brings to m5? 5-8-10?
and saying its the lightest system for m5, which weights nearly 2 tonne, saving 10-15kg on exhaust with this car not gonna help u!
maybe i weight less than you or you weight less then me, shall we drag? its not a cart!

Last edited by mstmng; 01-09-2014 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #82
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep

Quote:
no man, michelin plays significant role, exhaust's role is pretty much as rolex sticker on the car!

i am NOT hating akra at all! its beautiful craftsmanship - which u never see!
eisenmann quality built is definitely very close to akra's
i never said rpi is the best! quality is not wow, but VERY VERY good!

my main 2 points against akra are: they comply with EU laws (quiet), nearly no difference with comparison to OEM exhaust, thats why too expensive just because of the brand/name!

i can come back to ferrari vs gtr talk, to reassure u it is different talk!

i am repeating myself again again...

"vicious bass and snarls and burps, evoking engineering excellence at revs" - u ever heard e-race or rpi gtm seating inside the car?

if you dont like loud exhausts, as u clearly don't, then we are talking bout different things!

to each his own!
Dude, I have a straight 3" piped race car that I can't pass db levels @ Laguna Seca and 2 other tracks here in the US.
So I know about loud exhausts and love them AT THE TRACK. Can't stand them on Harley's and r1ced out M3's that are louder then they should be on public roads. It's just a nuisance and there's a place for this and that.
The F10M5 is too sophisticated of a luxury beast to be sporting a LOUD obnoxious LOOK AT ME noise.
Just my .2 pents

I might be racing Silverstone in the summer -- If so, I'll invite you and put your head under the car for the garage startup. You'll have a blast.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #83
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Dude, I have a straight 3" piped race car that I can't pass db levels @ Laguna Seca and 2 other tracks here in the US.
So I know about loud exhausts and love them AT THE TRACK. Can't stand them on Harley's and r1ced out M3's that are louder then they should be on public roads. It's just a nuisance and there's a place for this and that.
The F10M5 is too sophisticated of a luxury beast to be sporting a LOUD obnoxious LOOK AT ME noise.
Just my .2 pents

I might be racing Silverstone in the summer -- If so, I'll invite you and put your head under the car for the garage startup. You'll have a blast.
be my guest and get into my car for a ride

i have been to few races around europe and i have seen all sort of cars deep inside from fun cup's to gt3rs'

anyways, u and me just having fun! so lets not mess up the forum
otherwise some people wont consider akra's and rpi's as an option
Appreciate 0