BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #23
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Nice! Thanks for sharing. Despite the dislike by some, these pics have made me happy I went with the 601M wheels.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Here's some pictures of his new car before he bought it. Like I said, I was the first one inside of her.

Also there was an M6 Gran Coupe lurking in the shadows.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha "I was the first one insider her"

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #25
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM5 View Post
Right now I am planning on going with the CP, but part of that is my obsessiveness and not wanting to experience cognitive dissonance by paying $110K for a car and regrestting not having spent the extra $7K to get it completely loaded.
And THIS is why you MUST do it. I have the same issues.-lol!
Actually my assertion was that you would have buyers remorse from CP due to:
- lack of appreciable power increase
- unacceptable ride quality on broken pavement (which in south Florida is most roads)
Yeah, I also remember that your assessment was in a few ways conflicting with other reviews and you admitted to not really driving it too hard. You also said to get CCB instead of the comp pkg which makes even less sense to me as you would get even LESS benefit from those for typical road use. Some of us just like the stiffer ride and better steering proposition THAT much more. If I didn't get it and I saw one and happened to like it better it would cost me a lot more than the $7k on the I,mediate trade that would inevitably happen.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #26
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
That M6 is gorgeous!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Now I'm feeling the M6 wheels...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Yeah, I also remember that your assessment was in a few ways conflicting with other reviews and you admitted to not really driving it too hard. You also said to get CCB instead of the comp pkg which makes even less sense to me as you would get even LESS benefit from those for typical road use. Some of us just like the stiffer ride and better steering proposition THAT much more. If I didn't get it and I saw one and happened to like it better it would cost me a lot more than the $7k on the I,mediate trade that would inevitably happen.
Seriously your reading comprehension does annoy me. I said that the CCB were in my opinion better value than the Comp Pkg. I didn't buy either. But I think I would get benefit from it.

I think I drive pretty hard. If you want I will race you when I'm next in ATL. I'm pretty fearless.

Regarding how hard I tested the CP car - I tested the cornering ability rigorously, just not the upper end of the rpm band. But my assessment of the suspension is not compromised in anyway. I think that car cannot corner faster on highway ramps than the non-CP car because its suspension jumps on expansion joints. Since my favorite high speed corners (think 90mph when your'e doing twice the speed of the next car) are ramps between highways, this is a big problem for me. You probably take corners slower and so aren't worrying about being in the barrier when your wheels lose contact over a bump.

Also I have another concern about extremely firm suspension which is that given the proneness of the M5 to rattles, this is going to be worse on a CP car. Ride Quality was noticeably worse. It was the most noticeable difference between the non CP and CP car. Those vibrations lead to bolts coming loose and thats what causes things like the B pillar rattle many people have had. Some of the B&O rattles are also caused by road vibration. So smoothness is important if you have a car build like this.

As for your point about not wanting to trade - you trade your car every few months so I don't get your issue. If I miss something on this car it doesn't bother me because I'll be getting another one in a year. In fact if the allocation shortage on M6GCs alleviates by the spring, I may get one of those in May.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #29
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Seriously your reading comprehension does annoy me. I said that the CCB were in my opinion better value than the Comp Pkg. I didn't buy either. But I think I would get benefit from it.

I think I drive pretty hard. If you want I will race you when I'm next in ATL. I'm pretty fearless.

Regarding how hard I tested the CP car - I tested the cornering ability rigorously, just not the upper end of the rpm band. But my assessment of the suspension is not compromised in anyway. I think that car cannot corner faster on highway ramps than the non-CP car because its suspension jumps on expansion joints. Since my favorite high speed corners (think 90mph when your'e doing twice the speed of the next car) are ramps between highways, this is a big problem for me.

As for your point about not wanting to trade - you trade your car every few months so I don't get your issue. If I miss something on this car it doesn't bother me because I'll be getting another one in a year. In fact if the allocation shortage on M6GCs alleviates by the spring, I may get one of those in May.
I don't honestly care what annoys you. You are just not that important.

You sound like a guy who will just downplay the comp pkg because you didn't get it. Your assessments seem so far off base with the entire reason that BMW even made the improvements. To say that what BMW accomplished was effectively nothing is comical.

The CP is not for everyone and it certainly does not make it better than the non-CP. We all have preferences. If you admit that you didn't drive the car hard then don't make "observations" that would be relative to such things. A much more relevant review was posted today by a guy who owns one-not just went on a test drive.

You also have no comprehension as to why things matter to me regardless of your observation of my car buying habits. Don't make things so personal. I have no intention of getting into a personal battle with you. If you post comments that are constantly contradictory to things that I or other say then expect opposing feedback.

I am actually not being a jerk. I am a direct guy and will give my two cents and expect others to feel differently at times. You are reading way too much into this if you get annoyed. State your opinions and don't attack mine. I'll be cognizant of the same here. No reason to get into a war. I have different preferences than you and that is totally cool. I think stiffer suspension is nice. I like the ride and little skips don't make too much difference in most cases. I don't do 90 on highway ramps. That is dangerous not fearless. I do drive fast. I just don't do it on curves with other cars around when I am doing twice their speed and could endanger them.

I will also agree with you that it is highly dependent upon location. We have much smoother roads here than Miami. Spirited driving can be done much ,ore smoothly without as much worry about dips and potholes- this the stiffer suspension actually is much more beneficial here. So you can see how the value would be there for me and others in a places with similarly good roadways. Can't really make a subjective blanket state,net that it is not worth it-sort of like the trade value discussion we had earlier. We can agree to disagree. Lets just do it civilly. Apologies if my comments came off as attacking. Sometimes when I a, direct it comes across as attacking. Not meant to be.

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #30
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
@Coldlist my issue with you is that you keep mis reading what I am writing. Anyway who cares. Interpret what you want. It's clear you don't want the same things as me from your car. Just like the guy who bought the 911 doesn't want the same thing as you from his coupe.

You really are making things unnecessary personal. Chill out dude! It reminds me of the time you got in a huff with the M Atlanta group and left because they said something you didn't like about your F10!

Ciao!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #31
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
@Coldlist my issue with you is that you keep mis reading what I am writing. Anyway who cares. Interpret what you want. It's clear you don't want the same things as me from your car. Just like the guy who bought the 911 doesn't want the same thing as you from his coupe.

You really are making things unnecessary personal. Chill out dude! It reminds me of the time you got in a huff with the M Atlanta group and left because they said something you didn't like about your F10!

Ciao!
Dude- THAT is too funny! It was a MIAMI guy who left/was tossed out-hahahahahahaha :-) I should have made the connection between you and Miami! What is with you guys down there? (Kidding) The M-Atlanta guys are my buddies on a personal level. We totally abuse each other and each others cars in harsh and funny ways. You cant even BEGIN to know the smack talk that goes on between us and NONE of us give a dang what anyone thinks or says of our cars. If that was the case, Tim and I would have killed each other by now! It is how we get along. And I spend more time at Tim's shop than I do at my own home-lol! What are you doing stalking our posts anyway? (Kidding again). Me and Anthony (Pres of the group and good friend of mine) told your snobbish Miami boy to kiss our butts on his way out :-)

And btw..before you start interpreting my conversations with "the guy who bought the 911" incorrectly, he is also a friend. Henry and I know each other well enough to tease each other and talk smack. You'll notice we never let each other slip when there is a mention of a Porsche...and then there's Vic to stir it up if it slows down-which is more than cool because I like and respect him without ever having met him personally. We are just having fun.

I really don't take these boards too seriously. They are FULL of subjective opinions. Not much can be taken literally. The threads are informative at times but they are mostly entertaining. In other words-no biggie man. Don't take me so seriously. I am actually not a very serious guy. I work very little and just have a lot of fun and try to live my life as lightheartedly as I can while living outwardly and doing for others.

Anyway, read my post again. I was editing it when you replied. Agreed on not getting personal. You and I seem to do that to each other here fairly often. We should stop that for sure. I'm totally good. No hard feelings man. Freaking Miami guys-lol!

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #32
leletyM3
HPF Stg2 640rwhp
Rep
Drives: HPF M3

Congrats!! I really like the LCI F10 M5 the new headlight and minor changes are perfect!!! Maybe I can sell my E60 M5 get the new LCI M5 and maybe switch with the M4 in the future. Will most likely keep my E46 M3 for a long time and keep her as a horsepower monster
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leletyM3
Congrats!! I really like the LCI F10 M5 the new headlight and minor changes are perfect!!! Maybe I can sell my E60 M5 get the new LCI M5 and maybe switch with the M4 in the future. Will most likely keep my E46 M3 for a long time and keep her as a horsepower monster
That E46 is just the greatest car! A friend of mine took me for a ride in his new (to him) E46 convertible the other day and it really reminded me of what M cars were about in the past-pure driving fun! Keep it!

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #34
cassidysdad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 gone, 2016 pms m5

congrats on your purchase
there are only two in los angeles
funny the long beach dealer called me about that car
and the other is at the beverly hills dealer

are you going to get opti or dura coat?
i would be interested where you get it and the cost
or are you going for the wrap

fight on!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #35
phelot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Those are better pics than I'll ever take! :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #36
Dumbo
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C, 19 720S, 19 Panigale

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelot View Post
Those are better pics than I'll ever take! :-)
Thanks Phelot. Looks amazing

Really looking forward to getting mine now
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #37
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Please do not order a 2014 F10 M5 without comp pkg and lighting pkg. That includes you Stealth!!! Don't do it! If you end up not liking it you will only have it for a year tops.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #38
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Beauty. Would love to check it out in person.
      08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #39
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Beauty. Would love to check it out in person.
Perfect opportunity for the OP to come show the new LCI to all of us

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865511
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #40
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Damnnn!! I love those new headlights!
LEDs all the way!

Wheels look nice too with that drop! Very clean.

Congrats on your new car anyway phelot

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #41
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
You'll notice we never let each other slip when there is a mention of a Porsche...and then there's Vic to stir it up if it slows down-which is more than cool because I like and respect him without ever having met him personally. We are just having fun.

Haaaaaaa- I stir it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks brother--- I respect you too- you ask questions and get opinions and formulate your own but never in a disrespectful manner--- Gratitude. Oh check your PM, I was out of town so I just got all of yours.

To the OP- tremendous acquisition.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0