M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

10-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #23
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm0515 View Post
That's crazy, but your situation sounds like a bit of an outlier based on other board posts. There's no way you should still not have your car after a 9/1 ED and 9/3 Munich drop. This is the worst of treatments I've read so far and it doesn't give me confidence on my own dealer redelivery date with pump redo for which i can gather zero information. I'd suggest a continued assault on BMWNA in NJ. Only they can provide answers and/or support/assistance unless you know someone higher up that you can call directly. Good luck.
I had the exact same dates 9/1 pickup, 9/3 drop off in Munich, on the Toronto and still don't have my car back.

I want in on anything going on. I am not trying to be greedy, but this is just unfair and the nonresponsiveness is not what I expected from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #24
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
I had the exact same dates 9/1 pickup, 9/3 drop off in Munich, on the Toronto and still don't have my car back.

I want in on anything going on. I am not trying to be greedy, but this is just unfair and the nonresponsiveness is not what I expected from BMW.
I guess I dont see what you have to be upset about.

ED clearly says 4-6 weeks for delivery to the East Coast.
Add 2 additional weeks for PCD (more if they are really busy). Bear in mind, they will not book your PCD until the car is in the US.
This is the reason I DID NOT do PCD; I didnt want to add 2-4 weeks to my delivery date once I began paying for the car.

Seems to me BMW only needs to communicate with you once it is beyond their published 'normal" delivery times.

I have that at about 3 weeks from now.
      10-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #25
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post

Add 2 additional weeks for PCD (more if they are really busy). Bear in mind, they will not book your PCD until the car is in the US.
This is the reason I DID NOT do PCD; I didnt want to add 2-4 weeks to my delivery date once I began paying for the car.

Seems to me BMW only needs to communicate with you once it is beyond their published 'normal" delivery times.

Agree, but my car has just been sitting around somewhere for days (understanding their is a lag for PCD), but they wouldn't communicate or even book my time until the repair was done, which was delayed significantly as well. The main thing that gets me is how random this is and the lack of communication or real answers.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #26
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
Agree, but my car has just been sitting around somewhere for days (understanding their is a lag for PCD), but they wouldn't communicate or even book my time until the repair was done, which was delayed significantly as well. The main thing that gets me is how random this is and the lack of communication or real answers.
I see your point. I beleive that the only thing that we have to be upset about is the time delta between what it would take for a normal recall campaign fix (I am estimating this to be three days) and what it is taking in reality.

Unfortunately, for ED there is some wiggle room for them (using the margins to their advantage). When you add PCD, there is even more margin for them.

The people that got their cars taken away have the real beef. And I guess you do to some extent if it is sitting waitng for a part.

I am just trying to stay positive through this whole thing. I want to look up from all this tracking, following, waiting, etc and have my new car... and a new president for good measure.
      10-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #27
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post

I thought my paperwork stated 6-8 weeks for re-delivery to East Coast and 8-10 weeks for West coast. Add 2 weeks for PCD for 10-12 weeks total.

These folks are complaining and it hasn't even been 8 weeks yet?

I have threatened legal action against BMW in the past (regarding warranty issues on an M3) successfully only because there was an obvious problem that needed fixing. However, in this case I don't quite understand the damages people are upset about?

The side bolster issue has been explained, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is absent in the 2014 model. The oil pump is a recall that is being dealt with. Recalls happen all the time. Get over it. Why are BMW M5 owners more entitled than the rest of the country?

If I ordered and paid for an option that was not there (by mistake) then I would be pissed. But this seat thing.... really? I don't even remember the seat thing being an issue when driving my car in Europe.

Now the ONLY thing that has me a bit irritated is the 2014 LCI on the M5 which starts production less than a year after the M5 is launched in USA. Hopefully the changes will be subtle!!!!! Or at least retro-fit-able.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #28
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
I thought my paperwork stated 6-8 weeks for re-delivery to East Coast and 8-10 weeks for West coast. Add 2 weeks for PCD for 10-12 weeks total.

These folks are complaining and it hasn't even been 8 weeks yet?

I have threatened legal action against BMW in the past (regarding warranty issues on an M3) successfully only because there was an obvious problem that needed fixing. However, in this case I don't quite understand the damages people are upset about?

The side bolster issue has been explained, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is absent in the 2014 model. The oil pump is a recall that is being dealt with. Recalls happen all the time. Get over it. Why are BMW M5 owners more entitled than the rest of the country?

If I ordered and paid for an option that was not there (by mistake) then I would be pissed. But this seat thing.... really? I don't even remember the seat thing being an issue when driving my car in Europe.

Now the ONLY thing that has me a bit irritated is the 2014 LCI on the M5 which starts production less than a year after the M5 is launched in USA. Hopefully the changes will be subtle!!!!! Or at least retro-fit-able.
+1

get over it already. Just because you paid 100k for an M5 doesn't mean you deserved 2x the attention from BMWNA compare to someone who bought a 50k F30.
      10-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #29
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Quote:
At this point cancel the PCD. Just go get your car. This is horrible. I thought you would have had it by now.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #30
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
At this point cancel the PCD. Just go get your car. This is horrible. I thought you would have had it by now.
The PCD is interesting, but it is overrated. You get about 20 laps. But not full laps, they only use about half of the circuit. The rest is safety training which is a bit dull IMO.
Appreciate 0