Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-11-2016, 06:09 AM   #23
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
for the removal process i've seen videos where dental floss is used after using the heat gun to soften the double sided tape.
I tried dental floss but it keep breaking so just wegded a microfibre towel under an edge which i managed to lift with dental floss and then just used a sawing motion across...Took no more than 5 mins to remove but then getting rid of the adhesive residue underneath was a job and a half!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 07:32 AM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I have a carbon fiber spoiler coming in as well and thought about using the Betalink but read too many horror stories plus if I ever decide to sell the spoiler at least with the 3M tape it'll be easier to take off
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 05:50 AM   #25
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
I have a carbon fiber spoiler coming in as well and thought about using the Betalink but read too many horror stories plus if I ever decide to sell the spoiler at least with the 3M tape it'll be easier to take off
Forget the horror stories mate...Its really not difficult to use with a bit of care and attention...

Id say if you have somewhere secure to park the car ie a garage and you dont need to worry about someone stealing the spoiler then 3m tape should be fine but then again if you do want to sell the spoiler at a later date I guess 3m tape is your only option but using Betalink will def ensure that the spoiler cant be removed in the future which obviously has its advantages and disadcantages
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #26
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

All you need is a heat gun (low setting) and fishing line to remove the spoiler. Use 3M adhesive remover to remove the glue residue.