Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
VIR April 25-26

My first time at VIR with the F10 M5 I really didn't know what to expect compared to my E92 M3. Saturday brought a full day of wet pavement so I didn't get a chance to practice going fast. Instead I worked on my lines and got familiar with the car's weight distribution and its' unique driving line.

On Sunday, the track became dry and I was signed of to solo, therefore, I felt more confidence in going fast when I was driving alone.
I was only solo for 3 sessions so my lap times progressed after each session.
The last two sessions also combined my B group with the A group.
In many ways, the M5 felt as good around the corners as the E92 M3, having grip where I needed it; perhaps with a little less tire noise.
I started my first day and first solo session with throttle response Sport, then decided to put Sport Plus once I was smooth with my input.

Weight of the car made me feel like I had to apply the brake more when entering the braking zones; but I felt just as confident hitting the apex as I did in the M3.

In terms of straight line speed, there was on occasion (a previous session) that a new M4 (confident driver) was on my tail at Oak Tree (No-k Tree) but had no chance in passing me once I tracked out around 40-45mph.
After the roller coaster I let him pass as I know my heavy car and lack of skills were no match against the M4 and its more experienced driver.

The car is completely stock, with the exception of Akrapovic Exhaust and Castrol SRF brake fluid. The stock pads held up pretty good, but there was one moment that I felt the brake pedal almost hit the floor, then push right back against my foot.
Track temps were optimal, finishing with my tire temps around 145 degrees at 40-41 psi.

I enjoyed this car on the track very much, the fun in tossing around all that weight, feeling very planted where my M3 was unsettled, the brutal speed, having the HUD tell me when to shift, and the ease of using DCT for the first time and not worrying about rev matching) were the highlights of this car in my opinion.

I pulled the videos from my dashcam, which had overlaps between each 3 minute videos that I tried to correct when merging the files together.
For some reason, the overlaid lap times and data that I exported from Harry's didn't sync up correctly as it did when I merged it with individual laps.

Anyways, enjoy!
Fastest Lap (2:21.10)

Full Video:

I had the chance to compare my fastest laps between the two cars here which is pretty cool to watch:
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=ht...ame=snoopsagan
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 2
      04-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #2
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Nice
Thx for posting
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 04:44 PM   #3
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Whoa... the acceleration to 145+ and then a full braking, that was fucking exhilarating to watch ! lol
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Thanks for posting!
      04-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
Knicks_fan2