06-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #111
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Yes. Restrict the car to 3000 rpm until dealer can set up for delivery.
Screw 3k rpm, I want a 10mph speed limiter.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #112
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen View Post
I recently bought a M6 vert, sakhir orange with opal white, from Boston Herb Chambers. One thing I loved about the car when I picked it from the showroom was its shiny-greyish-black soft top and the beautiful interior.

Reading this post with sympathy, i clicked on the M6 video out of curiosity. Now i am doomed. That car is my car. I just did 1200 miles and put it into service while I am visiting my home country. I just went thru the break-in period with extreme caution to find out that this car was tampered by a mofo off the street who has no respect whatsoever for others' properties.

What do I do now? I am terrified.
I'm sure your car is fine. Sucks though. Your sense of security and customer service is probably more bruised than your car is.

You should talk to the dealership too, Herb Chambers. You can also contact BMW NA. Between the both of them, see if you can maybe work out a dealer, such as extra warranty time.

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 06-18-2013 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #113
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Man this thread is bringing out the worst

look, my kid parks cars and based on what he told me, I haven't let anyone valet my car. Pkilla no doubt has a crap job that he doesn't like and that was simply paying the bills. He made a mistake that he has paid for, hopefully no real harm was done to the cars. I feel confident that is the case. I don't think he will be this careless next time he does this, if he does.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #114
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Check your VIN to verify it's your car.

2013 BMW M6
VIN: WBSLZ9C52DC985834
CONVERTIBLE
      06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #115
JSal16
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i Coupe, M-Sprt, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportDC View Post
I don't like this guy nor any other "delivery" guys who can't show respect for other people's property. I don't want anyone's grubby hands playing with my car before I get to it.

Taking pictures/video/rapping is fine - rev'ing the engine and tinkering with the electronics - NO
Well Said!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #116
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

my car...

Yes it is my car, everything matches.
I picked up the car with 22mi, the odometer in the video reads 5mi. Just asked the dealer if this guy really had the car for 17mi, which gives this disrespectful jerk a good window to really tamper with.

Pics..

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #117
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
True, it isn't directly BMW's fault. However, they must be able to put pressure on the dock companies in some way.
Unfortunately its not a company that they outsource to, then you'd be correct, they could dump the company and be more selective. It's the union that unloads all the ships that come to port. I guess they could complain to the union. But they would need more proof than this one instance to have any ground to stand on.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #118
Erich2142
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Ducati 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportDC View Post
I don't like this guy nor any other "delivery" guys who can't show respect for other people's property. I don't want anyone's grubby hands playing with my car before I get to it.

Taking pictures/video/rapping is fine - rev'ing the engine and tinkering with the electronics - NO

I agree.
      06-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #119
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
I picked up the car with 22mi, the odometer in the video reads 5mi. Just asked the dealer if this guy really had the car for 17mi, which gives this disrespectful jerk a good window to really tamper with.

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope the dealer will offer something in return, extended warranty, some free oil changes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #120
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Im a sales manager for a Honda dealership and we fired a guy for driving a civic SI like a maniac. We wouldve never known if the GM of the dealership didnt stop to get gas and saw him flying down the blvd. Bottom line is....these guys make 10-12 bucks an hour and even a 25k honda might be out of reach for most of them and some cant resist the urge to "test" out a car that doesnt belong to them. Nevertheless that type of behavior is irresponsible and reckless whether its a 100k BMW or a 25k honda or a 14k hyundai/kia. As much as we all hate it...there are "pkilla's" working in every organization, the only thing is most arent stupid enough to videotape and post their antics.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #121
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The car was warmed up fairly well before he revved it up in the video. You can see the oil temp is above the bottom of the range and the engine was running the entire time he was outside the car. He doesn't rev it up until about two minutes into the video and you know he had already driven up in it because that is how the video starts.

If your car hasn't had any of the many problems listed on the M5 board here, you are no doubt not experiencing any issues due to pkilla having his way with your car. However, if I were you, I would never valet my car and I would keep a hawk eye on the odometer when you take it for service. You just ended up having bad luck this way so stay on top of it going forward.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #122
Gjm127
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i xDrive M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd be furious... Go to the dealer and get reparations ASAP!!!!
PS: save the video in case they take it down
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #123
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDyDinanM View Post
Hope the dealer will offer something in return, extended warranty, some free oil changes, etc.
Not the dealer's issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #124
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Can't really blame him. He is clearly mentally handicapped with his strange speech impediment. It's nice the company gave this young man a job in the first place.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #125
ad78
Yr1OfD1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F34 M Sport

I made a comment on his Mercedes that he got caught. Then when I find the M3 I cannot make any comment at all lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #126
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
Can't really blame him. He is clearly mentally handicapped with his strange speech impediment. It's nice the company gave this young man a job in the first place.
or it could be from all "stuff" he smokes - as depicted on his youtube page

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #127
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDyDinanM View Post
or it could be from all "stuff" he smokes - as depicted on his youtube page
Whoa! This young little whipper-snapper is going places... Like jail and a mental institution for example.

WTF is wrong with out country where we allow people like this to breed?

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #128
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well it is sad. There are many douches like that working everywhere; whether valet, car washes, dealers etc...
Caught one valet guy in Vegas racing down the parking with my 'ol E36 M3. You can hear him just revving it, and gunning it down as he was driving down the parking. When he stopped in front of me, I explicitly asked him "fast haa", he played it off as if nothing happened "um, oh, yeah". What a piece of... Just leave it at that.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #129
AppStoreMoney
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't worry about it. As others have pointed out, this stuff happens to vehicles all the time. There are people taking their BMW's to race tracks, and these cars were made to be raced around. One mile on a race track is probably harder on the car than the 22 miles prior to you picking it up.

BTW, that is a gorgeous M6!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #130
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:

Pics..

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear its your car. I am sure it is fine.

Like the cocaine white interior ...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #131
Judah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E46 M3

Hmmm, one thing I've learned in life is that every man is and will be accountable for every word that comes out of his mouth, (written or otherwise). There will be time for the high minded to become low. The things you find beneath you you will find above you. Therefore, choose your words and/or ideologies about this man(pkilla) wisely.

After reading some of these comments it seems as though the previous needed to be written. You can take or leave it. It doesn't matter to me, I already know better.

With that being said, if this gentleman broke the rules, (I didn't watch the video) of his employment, a reprimand or termination would be in order.

Good Day Sirs.....
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #132
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Unfortunately its not a company that they outsource to, then you'd be correct, they could dump the company and be more selective. It's the union that unloads all the ships that come to port. I guess they could complain to the union. But they would need more proof than this one instance to have any ground to stand on.
I am not even going to comment on the union. That would lead to a 10 page rant. Lol.

BTW. Thanks for the clarification.
Appreciate 0