bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen View Post
Yes it is my car, everything matches.
I picked up the car with 22mi, the odometer in the video reads 5mi. Just asked the dealer if this guy really had the car for 17mi, which gives this disrespectful jerk a good window to really tamper with.

Pics..

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry to hear that. This kind of stuff has just got to stop. Regardless if it does anything to the car or not, they are screwing around with other peoples' property. That is just not right or cool in any way.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #134
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
The car was warmed up fairly well before he revved it up in the video. You can see the oil temp is above the bottom of the range and the engine was running the entire time he was outside the car. He doesn't rev it up until about two minutes into the video and you know he had already driven up in it because that is how the video starts.

I just re-watched the M6 video. No, the car wasn't warmed up at all, nor was the oil temp gauge in operating temps. It wasn't at the beginning of the video either, when he's driving it around.

see here at the 2:22 minute mark just before he revs it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #135
EmMHoLLa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah
Hmmm, one thing I've learned in life is that every man is and will be accountable for every word that comes out of his mouth, (written or otherwise). There will be time for the high minded to become low. The things you find beneath you you will find above you. Therefore, choose your words and/or ideologies about this man(pkilla) wisely.

After reading some of these comments it seems as though the previous needed to be written. You can take or leave it. It doesn't matter to me, I already know better.

With that being said, if this gentleman broke the rules, (I didn't watch the video) of his employment, a reprimand or termination would be in order.

Good Day Sirs.....
Well said...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #136
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen View Post
Yes it is my car, everything matches.
I picked up the car with 22mi, the odometer in the video reads 5mi. Just asked the dealer if this guy really had the car for 17mi, which gives this disrespectful jerk a good window to really tamper with.

Pics..

and VIN match as well.
SO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry about that bro! I don't think your dealer would do much, but I think a call to BMWNA would help. They can work with your dealer to get you an extended warranty or whatever it is to make you whole. This is definitely not a good situation to be in.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #137
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Possibly one of the best jobs in Boston... And he blew it. tsk tsk tsk...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #138
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. This kind of stuff has just got to stop. Regardless if it does anything to the car or not, they are screwing around with other peoples' property. That is just not right or cool in any way.
You ever heard that possession is nine tenths of the law? That vehicle is untitled in the port and has passed from the shippers possession to that of the auto yard. Technically, it does not belong to either the dealer or the eventual buyer until a bill of lading is presented to the former and a bill of sale to the latter. In the meantime, it was pkilla's car to mess with because the owner at that moment gave him charge of the vehicle. This is basically what you do when you put your car in bailment with a valet but in that case, the ownership doesn't transfer.

LIVE AND LEARN.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #139
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
You ever heard that possession is nine tenths of the law? That vehicle is untitled in the port and has passed from the shippers possession to that of the auto yard. Technically, it does not belong to either the dealer or the eventual owner until a bill of lading is presented to the former and a bill of sale to the latter. In the meantime, it was pkillas car to mess with because the owner at that moment gave him charge of the vehicle. This is what you do when you put your car in bailment with a valet.

LIVE AND LEARN.
While it may not yet technically be the dealers, it was still technically the property of BMW AG. And BMW AG did not give the the right or the more accurately the privilege of testing their cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #140
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDyDinanM View Post
I just re-watched the M6 video. No, the car wasn't warmed up at all, nor was the oil temp gauge in operating temps. It wasn't at the beginning of the video either, when he's driving it around.

see here at the 2:22 minute mark just before he revs it.
It's been running since before the video started. The oil temperature is above the lowest level. You can't drive the damn car without revving it to 3000 RPM. The rules for driving the car in the first 1200 miles was no revving over 4k RPM which was kind of difficult for me to adhere to. I went to 6500 several times and this guy only took it to 5000. I vote no big deal and besides, it was his car to do with what he wanted, you should read some maritime law.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 06-18-2013 at 08:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #141
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
While it may not yet technically be the dealers, it was still technically the property of BMW AG. And BMW AG did not give the the right or the more accurately the privilege of testing their cars.
Technically, I believe it was owned by the holder of the bill of lading, check the law on this. I think the auto park held the bill of lading at that point.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #142
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
It's been running since before the video started. The oil temperature is above the lowest level. You can't drive the damn car without revving it to 3000 RPM. The rules for driving the car in the first 1200 miles was no revving over 4k RPM which was kind of difficult for me to adhere to. I went to 6500 several times and this guy only took it to 5000. I vote no big deal and besides, it was his car to do with what he wanted, you should really learn some maritime law.
Here it is again, at the 14 second mark. The oil temp is clearly not above the lowest level. Not sure which video you're watching.

And no, it wasn't his car nor did he own it. The transport company had overall responsibility for it. The individual (Pkilla) had the responsibility to follow the terms of him employment, which he didn't, hence his firing.

Also, why is he needlessly driving it? As the owner said, the car had 22 miles on it before picking it up. The car had about 5 in the video. I realize a lot can happen between the Autoport and the BMW dealer though - but it does beg the question as to what else was going on. Maybe dealership test drives perhaps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #143
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here it is again, at the 14 second mark. The oil temp is clearly not above the lowest level. Not sure which video you're watching.

And no, it wasn't his car nor did he own it. The transport company had overall responsibility for it. The individual (Pkilla) had the responsibility to follow the terms of him employment, which he didn't, hence his firing.
You are looking at the 650i video, that one was revved cold. I am talking about duchozen's car which is the orange one in the very first video posted.

I don't care what the terms of pkilla's employment was, it was his car to mess with and he didn't take proper care of it apparently. That is a fairly subjective judgment as you can see from this thread but I am sure the employer had wide latitude in decision making. Pkilla was pretty careless to post the video. He could have kept doing what he was doing all he wanted and no one would have known or cared. It was just a tree falling in the forest that no one heard until he filmed himself and put it on youtube. This is the danger of social media.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:53 PM   #144
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
You are looking at the 650i video, that one was revved cold. I am talking about duchozen's car which is the orange one in the very first video posted.
\
No, I'm not. The video is of the M6. Watch it again if you must since you must be confused. Go to the 14 second mark and the 2:22 minute mark where I took the stills from.

Quote:
This is the danger of social media.
Agree. But I must ask the question. How would you feel if this was your brand new F10 M5 that you ordered? Would you let it slide given that you knew exactly who did it and where if it was all over YouTube?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #145
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
also, you can see the ///M Symbol in the RPM gauge. Thus, it is the M6 video
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #146
alexey21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo

The M6 was cold, not at normal temps yet. Plus at one point you can see the traction kick in, and towards the end the road becomes very bumpy. Now Im not sure about you guys, but I am anal about driving the car on rough surface as I find it bad for the wheels, tires, and suspension. Thats a huge no!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #147
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, I'm not. The video is of the M6. Watch it again if you must since you must be confused. Go to the 14 second mark and the 2:22 minute mark where I took the stills from.

Agree. But I must ask the question. How would you feel if this was your brand new F10 M5 that you ordered? Would you let it slide given that you knew exactly who did it and where if it was all over YouTube?
The 14 second mark is where he was driving it and it doesn't get above 2krpm there unless you are seeing something I don't. It isn't until about 2:30 that he revs it up. At that point the oil temperature is above the bottom of the range and we know it's been idling for over two minutes.

Next question, I bought my M5 with two miles on it. I got it in Houston and it had all that stuff still on it from the Port of Houston. I believe they unload them at Barbours cut in Morgans Point and put them on trucks so the mileage was reasonable. There is room to take them off the lot and hotrod them but in all the years I have driven up and down that road, I have never seen new cars hotrodding up and down it.

The issue of crazy test driving is why I decided to get the car with only two miles on it. I also don't do valet with my car. My youngest son was a valet and he told me some stories that made me realize that I don't want to give this car to a valet.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 06-19-2013 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #148
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexey21 View Post
The M6 was cold, not at normal temps yet. Plus at one point you can see the traction kick in, and towards the end the road becomes very bumpy. Now Im not sure about you guys, but I am anal about driving the car on rough surface as I find it bad for the wheels, tires, and suspension. Thats a huge no!
Not when he revved it. It had been warmed up for over two minutes. The bumpy stuff was part of the auto park so all the cars are subject to it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #149
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
The 14 second mark is where he was driving it and it doesn't get above 2krpm there unless you are seeing something I don't. It isn't until about 2:30 that he revs it up. At that point the oil temperature is above the bottom of the range and we know it's been idling for over two minutes.

as mentioned, this is taken at the 2:20 minute mark, right before he revs it. Doesn't look like the car is fully warmed up to me since the oil temp needle is still at the bottom. You can tell it's the M6 since there is the ///M logo on the RPM gauge. I agree that it's plausible to say the car has been running for at least two minutes assuming he kept the car on for that long. But these cars need more than 2 minutes to fully warm up. Having owned two M cars, they need at least 15-20 minutes or so.

At the end of the day though, I'm sure the car is fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #150
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie F10M View Post
Sorry to hear its your car. I am sure it is fine.

Like the cocaine white interior ...
You are classic Michael Jordan!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #151
wrsbmw
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

At the end of the day though, I'm sure the car is fine.
The car wasn't up to the operating temperature but it had been idling for over two minutes. I looked at the video several times before I concluded it was no big deal. He never turned this car off. With the 650i which is what I thought you were referring to, he starts it up and revs it almost right away. That is what confused me about the 14 second reference you made. I was reading what you wrote and not the picture you posted, thus the confusion on my part.

In my view, the guy wasn't thinking clearly when he posted this. This is the danger of social media and posting all your doings without thinking much about it. I see this kind of thoughtless posting on facebook and instagram all the time. It bit my oldest son in the butt with his kid's maternal grandparents. They have been trying to keep him from having a Standard Possession Order and so they get every thing he posts from instagram or facebook that looks unsavory and try to use it against him in court. The judge has over ruled them each time but it hasn't stopped them from doing it.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #152
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

A few points:

1. It was never his car. It may have been in his care, but he never exchanged "consideration."

2. If he's in Boston, and the Port is in New Jersey, then chances are he isn't a Port employee.

3. The new owner bought the car with an expectation that it hadn't been abused, wrecked, etc. I'd return the car to the dealer, and let them pursue compensation back up the delivery chain.

I'm amazed at some of the comments here, excusing what this moron did, and accusing everyone else of being "elitist pigs" (from the swaddled leather interior of his 750iL - what an ass). No wonder we have Obamaphones, record numbers on food stamps and disability, while fewer and fewer are working harder and harder to pay for it all.
      06-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #153
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post

2. If he's in Boston, and the Port is in New Jersey, then chances are he isn't a Port employee.
It appears he was a port employee - at the Boston Autoport. Jalopnik confirmed it.

http://jalopnik.com/meet-the-amateur...ew-b-513809077

You can read here about the manager:

Quote:
That's apparently what lost Pkilla617 his job at the port, according to Dennis Kraez, a manager at the autoport. Reached by Jalopnik for this story, Kraez declined to give Pkilla617's real name, but said that he has since been fired, though he would not say when. (I suspected as much, since all of the videos are from last year or earlier.)
Now go to the Boston Autoport website and the same name is listed:

http://www.massport.com/port-of-bost.../Autoport.aspx

Quote:
Boston Autoport
Shipping Motor Vehicles Through the Port of Boston

Automobile imports and exports are an important market for the Port of Boston. The Boston Autoport is located on an 80 acre site in Charlestown and can accommodate the processing of 70,000 motor vehicles per year for import or export.

Boston Autoport features include:

• Deep water, weather-protected berths with up to 40-foot drafts
• Efficient highway access
• 24-hour drop-off/access to the facility
• Fully-enclosed, open-air or combination handling modes
• Ability to handle two or more makes/models coming to/from the same vessel
• Dedicated and fully-trained labor pool
• Excellent access to New England, Canada and U.S. Midwest markets

For more information contact Dennis Kraez at (800) 666-9007 x113.

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post

I'm amazed at some of the comments here, excusing what this moron did, and accusing everyone else of being "elitist pigs" (from the swaddled leather interior of his 750iL - what an ass).
I know right? Calls us elitists yet drives a BMW 750

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 06-18-2013 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #154
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Well it is sad. There are many douches like that working everywhere; whether valet, car washes, dealers etc...
Caught one valet guy in Vegas racing down the parking with my 'ol E36 M3. You can hear him just revving it, and gunning it down as he was driving down the parking. When he stopped in front of me, I explicitly asked him "fast haa", he played it off as if nothing happened "um, oh, yeah". What a piece of... Just leave it at that.
Not surprising at all. These guys don't value these jobs. If they get fired, they can get another one. It's not like it's a job with great pay and a career path.

Giving a high performance car to a valet is just asking for trouble IMO.
Appreciate 0