M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

05-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #89
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Wow, I wish I could drive all those Audi's also to get a comparison going. Also doesn't the R8 also come in a 6MT?! Lol!

The R8 and RS5 are the only ones I would ever consider buying, well and maybe the upcoming RS7, but I'll need to drive it first to see how it is.
It was a fun day driving new cars at the track for free......

My bad...they do offer manual R8s...they were all Audi S tronic at this event

Another thing I learned is that you ever need a big luxury sedan, do not buy a S8, even though I enjoyed the power delivery, it pull and pull, it felt pretty fast for a large car...the leg room, in both driver and front passenger seats, it is ridiculous tight in width. I am average size guy and could not open my legs at all...not made for driver's comfort in long trips...now people in the back would be just fine...I guess who cares about the chauffer , plus I don’t like the looks of it…...

and one more the TTS was awful...

PREVIOUS M CARS - 02 E39 M5 / 06 E60 M5 / F10 M5 6MT 14 991 C2S

Last edited by ONEOF40 FS M3; 05-22-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #90
SSR
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 m5

I have F10 M5 and RS6 the performance is very similar but if you compare M5 vs S6,M5 100%
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #91
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
It was a fun day driving new cars at the track for free......

My bad...they do offer manual R8s...they were all Audi S tronic at this event

Another thing I learned is that you ever need a big luxury sedan, do not buy a S8, even though I enjoyed the power delivery, it pull and pull, it felt pretty fast for a large car...the leg room, in both driver and front passenger seats, it is ridiculous tight in width. I am average size guy and could not open my legs at all...not made for driver's comfort in long trips...now people in the back would be just fine...I guess who cares about the chauffer , plus I don’t like the looks of it…...

and one more the TTS was awful...
I attended this event as well. Audi was Amazing for such a great free time. I agree I will never own a S8 or TTS. lol I was full out the whole time. I did come away just in love with the R8. I even won the hot lap in the new V10. The S6 was garbage and I told them that's no M5 killer as they boasted. The RS6 was my second favorite. I have to say the S4 and S5 was a bit more dynamic then the last time I drove them.

The TTS has no power from a dig. They need to fix that car is dangerously slow from a stop. They told that's because its a turbo and not supercharged. I laughed and said I have a turbo I6 right there to prove you wrong...lol
Appreciate 0