M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

05-11-2023, 02:42 PM   #1
Mario Hi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d

Red face Water signs in the trunk

Hi all ,

I had an issue with my amplifier cause water went inside the trunk and it looks like coroded almost all the circuits , gladly it could be repaired.

The think is that i've replaced the two white groomets , abut i didn't fix the issue.
If you look upwords in the trunk on the metal frame , i can see some dots , that are looking like some water/rust marks , a lot in the part where water went , and a few in the right side too , near the spot where the panels are getting together.

The thing is that i don't know exaclty how water went in that place , i was thinking it has to do with the windsheald , cause the seals are looking a little old , and they are having little missing spots but i don't know exactly how to replace those seals.

Can anyone help me or have advices that can work for me?
Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 05:32 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

You may need a new boot seal or treat the seal with rubber preservative to soften it up.
Appreciate 1