Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3 RS

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
My first post, and also a thank you post to Nate at IND for the goodies. He had not only spent the time to explained to me all the details, but also offerd his best knowledge to a Bimmer noob like me (yes..1st BMW). His honesty and cared to details is something that I really appreciate, and he for sure have my confidence to recommend to anyone to contact for mods.

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a few months now, ever since I got my M5 back in May here in Toronto. I’ve traded my 2010 GT-R for 2012 M5, as I wanted something more civilized and less attention. I must say I do missed the GT-R very much, and even while driving the M5, wish I could own both. Moving forward, I wanted to bring back the sportiness of the GT-R to the M5, while keeping the comfort, and versatility.

Long story short, I had contacted Nate and ordered the 4 x 90 Eisenmann race exhaust (rear section only), I just got back from the installation this evening, all I can say is wow, the back fire (fart) and angry exhaust notes emphasising the quickness of M-DCT gearbox is freaking amazing. Deep Deep tones!!! I know have something to show to my AMG boys of how an V8 should sound.

I only got pics of the packaging which I admired, and before heading to the shop. Will post more pics and videos late this week.

Anyone that’s considering an exhaust especially an Eisenmann, I would say it’s a must for this car! Can't wait to take it out over the weekend.

Cheers and congrats to everyone that just took delivery over the week!

Last edited by WSYF10M5; 08-31-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Congrats for the upgrade
Can t wait for an exhaust clip
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Stunning, can't wait to hear this monster!
      09-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

^ I saw your GTR sitting in the TCBMW used car showroom back in early June. I was there getting my deal done there on that day and I just picked up mine S.G. M5 on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hope to see you around in Markham as I would really like to hear the sound of the Eisenmann Race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSYF10M5 View Post
My first post, and also a thank you post to Nate at IND for the goodies. He had not only spent the time to explained to me all the details, but also offerd his best knowledge to a Bimmer noob like me (yes..1st BMW). His honesty and cared to details is something that I really appreciate, and he for sure have my confidence to recommend to anyone to contact for mods.

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a few months now, ever since I got my M5 back in May here in Toronto. I’ve traded my 2010 GT-R for 2012 M5, as I wanted something more civilized and less attention. I must say I do missed the GT-R very much, and even while driving the M5, wish I could own both. Moving forward, I wanted to bring back the sportiness of the GT-R to the M5, while keeping the comfort, and versatility.

Long story short, I had contacted Nate and ordered the 4 x 90 Eisenmann race exhaust (rear section only), I just got back from the installation this evening, all I can say is wow, the back fire (fart) and angry exhaust notes emphasising the quickness of M-DCT gearbox is freaking amazing. Deep Deep tones!!! I know have something to show to my AMG boys of how an V8 should sound.

I only got pics of the packaging which I admired, and before heading to the shop. Will post more pics and videos late this week.

Anyone that’s considering an exhaust especially an Eisenmann, I would say it’s a must for this car! Can't wait to take it out over the weekend.

Cheers and congrats to everyone that just took delivery over the week!

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Chump
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

does it have remote valve to make exhaust quiet or loud?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
^ I saw your GTR sitting in the TCBMW used car showroom back in early June. I was there getting my deal done there on that day and I just picked up mine S.G. M5 on Friday.
Quote:
Hope to see you around in Markham as I would really like to hear the sound of the Eisenmann Race.
Congrats on your SG M5, enjoy!

Sure! See you around, pm me if you would like to hear it.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump View Post
does it have remote valve to make exhaust quiet or loud?
no remote, I believe the Race version deletes the valve, had to plug and remove the vacume lines, so basically stays open all the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

How do you like it thus far (compare to stock), I know the Eisenmann has not fully broken in yet ...

what other mods are you looking to do, if I may ask ?

Quote:
no remote, I believe the Race version deletes the valve, had to plug and remove the vacume lines, so basically stays open all the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
I've seen these for as little as $3800. Less expensive than the 3D Design slip on.

Is this the least expensive slip on IND sells for the M5?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Akmpower
Ak
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Here's mine also a race level
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
How do you like it thus far (compare to stock), I know the Eisenmann has not fully broken in yet ...

what other mods are you looking to do, if I may ask ?

I put on about 100km since, it sounded better and better. Actually very little to no drone on the highway cruising at 7th gear. I also find it sounding better with Sport or Sport+ mode... perhaps because of the increase throttle response... can't conclude yet.... once you step on it, it opens up very aggressively.

I am looking at suspension, and wheels. Are you planning to mod yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmpower View Post
Here's mine also a race level
sweet! mine sounds abit deeper than yours... I guess you have the mid-pipe as well? no resonators?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

more pics:

Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Much appreciate for your feedback on the Eisenmann. Was the exhaust done @ dealer or @ Speedstar ?

As for my mod, nothing major like yours. I got tinted and paint protection film done on the day of delivery. I bought a set of Forgeline wheels (GA1R) for winter use and I should have them by mid Septmeber and winter tires would be all until next spring. I will do some researches over the course of winter months and will decide what kinds of mods I may be doing.

Do post some more pics with the new wheels on the forum and I am sure they will be beautiful.

Quote:
I put on about 100km since, it sounded better and better. Actually very little to no drone on the highway cruising at 7th gear. I also find it sounding better with Sport or Sport+ mode... perhaps because of the increase throttle response... can't conclude yet.... once you step on it, it opens up very aggressively.

I am looking at suspension, and wheels. Are you planning to mod yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I got quoted for $3600 US (shipping chgs incl.) from a European online vendor last month for Eisenmann Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I've seen these for as little as $3800. Less expensive than the 3D Design slip on.

Is this the least expensive slip on IND sells for the M5?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
Akmpower
Ak
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
sweet! mine sounds abit deeper than yours... I guess you have the mid-pipe as well? no resonators?
Yes have mid - pipe & no resonators
      09-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #18
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Much appreciate for your feedback on the Eisenmann. Was the exhaust done @ dealer or @ Speedstar ?

As for my mod, nothing major like yours. I got tinted and paint protection film done on the day of delivery. I bought a set of Forgeline wheels (GA1R) for winter use and I should have them by mid Septmeber and winter tires would be all until next spring. I will do some researches over the course of winter months and will decide what kinds of mods I may be doing.

Do post some more pics with the new wheels on the forum and I am sure they will be beautiful.

Yes, winter is coming real soon...
Where did you get your tint done? How was the install? Do you mind to recommend me a place? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmpower View Post
Yes have mid - pipe & no resonators
sounds really good!!! I am sure it would sound alot better in real, thinking to get the mid-pipe next.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Auto Links - Scarborough (Kennedy & Ellesmere area)

This is my 4th vehicles in all to have it done there.

Excellent result - No issue with tint at all. No bubbles.

As for paint protection film - entire front bumper, rocker panel, headlights, a bit on the trunk (lower bumper).

All things took 10 hrs ... tint 3 hrs and the protection film took 7 hrs (actually the owner, John Ng, was interrupted so many times by customers that 2 hrs or so were wasted, ohterwise, I would think 4-5 hrs should do the job). The total cost came to $950 + taxes = $1,073

I am going back to Auto Links on Sep 18 for just a routine follow up inspection to make sure the job is done correctly.

Here is what it looks like ...

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735776

see post # 11

I realize you live in Markham, but don't go to FX Auto Accessories (by Markville Mall). Not very professional, IMO.

Quote:
Yes, winter is coming real soon...
Where did you get your tint done? How was the install? Do you mind to recommend me a place? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
WSYF10M5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Auto Links - Scarborough (Kennedy & Ellesmere area)

This is my 4th vehicles in all to have it done there.

Excellent result - No issue with tint at all. No bubbles.

As for paint protection film - entire front bumper, rocker panel, headlights, a bit on the trunk (lower bumper).

All things took 10 hrs ... tint 3 hrs and the protection film took 7 hrs (actually the owner, John Ng, was interrupted so many times by customers that 2 hrs or so were wasted, ohterwise, I would think 4-5 hrs should do the job). The total cost came to $950 + taxes = $1,073

I am going back to Auto Links on Sep 18 for just a routine follow up inspection to make sure the job is done correctly.

Here is what it looks like ...

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735776

see post # 11

I realize you live in Markham, but don't go to FX Auto Accessories (by Markville Mall). Not very professional, IMO.
thanks for the recommendations, I actually paid just about that for the film protections at Advanced Automotive Films, abit pricey, but Marco did a super job.

I am going to give Autolink a call for a tint qoute, thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #22
dbae1978
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

WSYF10M5 when you get a chance would you mind posting some sound clips? I know AKMpower's clip in on this thread but more the merrier!
Appreciate 0