M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

06-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
darkrabbit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 F36 440i GC, '03 E46 M3

2014 F10 M5 LCI ordered, Sept ED!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger! It wasn't an easy decision as BMW's cars seem to be hitting it out of the park lately, but in the end I really wanted the M5 and decided to pick it up!

I still haven't driven one yet, heh heh. As soon as one lands in Canada it seems to get snatched up so there's never any to try. We took a 535i out for a drive though and I know it's not the same car, but it is about the same size which was one of our concerns coming from two much smaller cars. After driving it, we realized it really isn't as big as it appears. We took it for a very brisk run, and I always knew exactly where it was going, where the car was, what the road was doing, etc... Despite the size, BMW seems to make it very easy to handle. We almost got a 535i, lol.

We're still waiting to hear confirmation on ED dates and our final specs which we have until end of June to write in stone. We got the ONLY one of our dealer's allocation for a July production of the M5 and we JUST squeezed it in so it would be ready for Sept ED. Here's what it looks like so far:

2014 BMW M5 (Keep in mind CAN and US packages are quite different)
- Singapore Grey
- Silverstone Extended Leather (my wife.. and I.. just don't like the look of leather on the dash. It just doesn't look right and for $4500, f that. I'd rather put in B&O).
- Executive Package (with LCI, it comes with LED headlights)
- ConnectedDrive Services Prof w/ARTTI
- Speed Limit Info (I think this is just a good idea with this car, heh heh)

I am still on the fence about B&O. Dealer told us don't bother, it's not worth it. I've heard similar from others, and I've also heard that it absolutely is worth it. I do consider myself an audio guy, but a car is an extremely hostile sound environment and I am not sure the value is there. I heard it though in an M6 and... wow. It's very impressive. But the standard M5 audio is quite good as well, and the M6 was standing still.

Comp package / CCB: Great idea but this car is not competing Seriously though, I have a track car so I don't really have any use for this in the end. I like the changes they made but for me I don't think it'll be useful. Plus the wheels, IMO, are just an eyesore. CCB... after doing some digging, I get the value here. If they do last as long as they say, it might be worth it. BUT I would be concerned about damage to the rotor in my relatively hostile driving environment.

In the end, paint color and B&O are all I am on the fence about.. the rest is pretty much decided.

And I now understand how painful the wait can be
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Right on @jaym3smg. Gonna need to change your handle...jaym5dct

Congrats, and get to planning that ED Oh, my $.02? Get the CCB...for the extra $ I think that it is totally worth it compared to spending the money on B&O. But that is just my opinion!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Get the CCB...for the extra $ I think that it is totally worth it compared to spending the money on B&O. But that is just my opinion!
+1 without a doubt...
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
darkrabbit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Right on @jaym3smg. Gonna need to change your handle...jaym5dct

Congrats, and get to planning that ED Oh, my $.02? Get the CCB...for the extra $ I think that it is totally worth it compared to spending the money on B&O. But that is just my opinion!
Thanks! Yeah, kind of boxed myself in there heh heh. I am keeping the M3 though for a track car

Yeah I'll have to think about that one. Again, it's rotor damage I am concerned with. If they get dinged or chipped they must be replaced, and that isn't hard to do apparently. Brakes are not covered under warranty here.
2016 Ford F250 Diesel - Carries things
2019 BMW F90 M5C - Sold and I regret it
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

If you are not tracking the car I would skip the Ccb. I have B&O and like it. Use the ccb $$ for springs and exhaust and winter wheels/tires. There is a set of BMW winters in the member classifieds that you should jump on. I have the same set. Perfect for this car and offered at a nice discount!!
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #6
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Even if you don't track the car get the competition package. Why settle for any less then the best.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
h4nh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
Even if you don't track the car get the competition package. Why settle for any less then the best.
Like he said in original post.. the comp wheels are an eyesore. I totally agree with that.

Carbon Ceramic brakes are cool points but you won't use it to its full potential on the street.

Why pay for shit you dont need?
      06-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #8
h4nh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaym3smg View Post
Plus the wheels, IMO, are just an eyesore.
Yup. They look like wheels you can find on ebay for 899 for wheels and tires + free shipping.

06-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
darkrabbit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Just got word from BMW that our ED date is Sept 2 (the date we wanted) so WIN! I have to tell them our final options list for tomorrow though as I guess they must put me in early July production for Sept delivery as there's no August slots left, which is fine. Still debating B&O. It'll be a game day decision. Wife doesn't think it's worth it lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nh View Post
Like he said in original post.. the comp wheels are an eyesore. I totally agree with that.

Carbon Ceramic brakes are cool points but you won't use it to its full potential on the street.

Why pay for shit you dont need?
This is pretty much my thought as well. With respect to CCB and Comp Pkg, IMO those are some great options but at the same time I just wouldn't use either.

CCB I thought about but in the end it's just of no value to me other than looking nice and, above all, I question the durability of the rotors. I'll let others be early adopters and if they really are as good as BMW claims maybe my next car will have them. Also, if one were to track the M5 seriously, CCB is not a good option either as the aftermarket options such as AP, PF, or Stoptech will likely brake much better and provide better cooling.

With respect to the comp package, it has a lot of improvements for track use, but for daily driving IMO very little of it would be noticeable. This car might see the track twice a year... MAYBE. I have an M3 to thrash around the track which will be gutted once I have the M5 for DD. I went through every improvement and I think there are two that I might want for daily use: The 10mm lowering and the steering. And I just can't justify paying anything for those wheels. It's really not the best kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwlmd View Post
If you are not tracking the car I would skip the Ccb. I have B&O and like it. Use the ccb $$ for springs and exhaust and winter wheels/tires. There is a set of BMW winters in the member classifieds that you should jump on. I have the same set. Perfect for this car and offered at a nice discount!!
Are you talking about the one with the Pirelli's? I am just not sure about the tires in the winters here. I've always had Dunlops and they are insanely good for grip. How did you find the Pirelli's?
2016 Ford F250 Diesel - Carries things
2019 BMW F90 M5C - Sold and I regret it
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
NJ///M5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5, 2015 X5, 2014 RR Evoq

Garage List
Quote:
+1
I've got 2014 LCI M5 ordered for Aug ED, and am getting comp package with the comp wheels. I happen to like the new comp wheels, and also lets you know you've got the comp package
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Congrats on your purchase!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Never knew Canadians could do an ED. Is there a discount provided like our US counterparts?
Appreciate 0