Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Cars and coffee Charlotte Love it!!

Been there today for the first time and the turn out was amazing!!
I was t exactly treated nice for having my Tesla and I was asked politely to not use main lanes for this is apparently "Euro car only" SERIOUSLY!! They weren't interested in even seeing the Tesla that no other car on the lot would even come close to its speed BARRING none including that beautiful Acura NSX

And I regretted not going on my M5!!

But my car still had a lot of fans there and finally by the end I parked it where it belongs and lots people loved it!

Last picture is my Tesla and my M5
Clash of the titans!
I swear to God I don't know which one I like more!!
When I step in each I am simply blown away differently!!

It's like food you can't live one taste!!

#Thank_Elon
Attached Images

Last edited by soooma; 03-19-2017 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #2
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Where is this located and times every month? thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
MpowerMike
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 IB BMW M5

Nice cars
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
Caribou and Barrington's plaza on Fairview
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpowerMike View Post
Nice cars
Man!
It was amazing
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #6
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
Sorry,
Forgot
Third Sunday every month
Silly me
Took my Tesla for a Euro Event
Appreciate 1
Beast27358.00
      03-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #7
Mpire
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

nothing wrong with Tesla but they are so ugly LOL :P
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 09:18 PM   #8
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpire View Post
nothing wrong with Tesla but they are so ugly LOL :P
Only if you manage to see them!
Because usually they zoom by your Euro car beforehand you can even see them LOL

I have an M5 and can attest to that!
M5 is an amazing vehicle but just feels slow!
Today a friend has most loaded Maserati GTS stickers 160K and poor guy thought for a second to test the Tesla prowess and he was SHOCKED at what happened!! Literally zoomed by him
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post

Today a friend has most loaded Maserati GTS stickers 160K and poor guy thought for a second to test the Tesla prowess and he was SHOCKED at what happened!! Literally zoomed by him

I'm glad you like your Tesla, but the Tesla isn't designed for performance or luxury. I have a couple of friends who own them and I can attest that they aren't very luxurious for the price, and they can't perform at a high level for long before they go into limp mode. The only thing it can do is 0-60 a couple of times. The M5 can run a canyon road or track all day long at full power but the Tesla will go into limp mode after a only a couple of minutes of hard driving. And when they do, then you're driving the rest of the trip in a car with the equivalent interior of a Toyota Camry while being passed by Toyota Camrys. And they don't handle well, and they don't stop all that well.

But they do have their place for people who want to feel good tricking themselves into thinking they are being eco-friendly. Due to the inefficiencies in the typical power grid, far more pollution is generated to create the electricity to charge the battery of a Tesla than an M5 produces through an entire tank of gas. So in effect the M5 is better for the environment than a Tesla, handles far better, stops far better, is much more durable during performance driving, and is far more luxurious.

My friend's kid has an old ratted-out Subaru WRX with AWD and a giant turbo and it's probably faster 0-60 than my M5 when the axles don't break.... just like the Tesla.

:cheers:
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #10
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCM5 View Post
I'm glad you like your Tesla, but the Tesla isn't designed for performance or luxury. I have a couple of friends who own them and I can attest that they aren't very luxurious for the price, and they can't perform at a high level for long before they go into limp mode. The only thing it can do is 0-60 a couple of times. The M5 can run a canyon road or track all day long at full power but the Tesla will go into limp mode after a only a couple of minutes of hard driving. And when they do, then you're driving the rest of the trip in a car with the equivalent interior of a Toyota Camry while being passed by Toyota Camrys. And they don't handle well, and they don't stop all that well.

But they do have their place for people who want to feel good tricking themselves into thinking they are being eco-friendly. Due to the inefficiencies in the typical power grid, far more pollution is generated to create the electricity to charge the battery of a Tesla than an M5 produces through an entire tank of gas. So in effect the M5 is better for the environment than a Tesla, handles far better, stops far better, is much more durable during performance driving, and is far more luxurious.

My friend's kid has an old ratted-out Subaru WRX with AWD and a giant turbo and it's probably faster 0-60 than my M5 when the axles don't break.... just like the Tesla.

😂
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #11
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

But in all honestly
I push the Tesla up to 20 launches back to back and never went in limp mode!

But granted if it checked off all my driving boxes I wouldn't be here talking to you about my 3rd M5

But I still love my Tesla and there's certainly a P100D down the road for me
I am sure 2.34 sec Zero to 60 and 10.5 sec quarter mile must feel way faster than my P90D 3.65 & 10.9 respectively

Cheers

Last edited by soooma; 03-27-2017 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
patb2393.00
      03-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #12
Reemas Dreemas
Private
Rep
Drives: NICE

i had a run in with a tesla. i was shocked too
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #13
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

There is a bigger Cars and Coffee event in Charlotte over off Monroe Road.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #14
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Cars & Coffee meets are pretty cool
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #15
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 04:30 AM   #16
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post

Tesla won't go into limp mode after just a couple of 0-60s. Yes Tesla ain't all that but it ain't that bad either, no need to exaggerate the bashing.

People in here knows it's just a dragster from performance point of view, so when they said it is fast, it's only about acceleration, no one is saying it's a track monster or canyon carver.
Appreciate 0