M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-22-2015, 06:51 AM   #23
evilb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: McLaren MSO 570S, 18 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
You're not trying to start a war, you just have no idea what it takes to get these across the globe. My biggest issue is getting filters from over seas I can't just buy when customers decide to buy an intake I have to buy in bulk so to it taking at least two months or so before another shipment comes in. It's easy to build an intake for yourself compared to mass produced and make sure everything is perfect everytime. The CNC velocity stacks are made to each model do to different setups. As for options there are options at no extra cost you just have to ask. An additional cost was of the pipes were already brushed which is work in itself. I wish I profited $2000 a piece I would quit my day job. I invest in the product myself no one pays till ready to ship and gets 24/7 cistomer support on anything.
Anyway I know I wont be able to satisfy everyone even though I wish I could!
That's a good point about the filters. I haven't seen them elsewhere.

Have you thought about doing anything in carbon fiber with the pipes?

I'm not too far from you in NC. Might come check it out first hand one day. You around on weekends?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #24
desant89
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convert/2013 Alpina B7

I have an MSR intake, and originally had the same thoughts to be honest. But if you want the best performance, you have to pay for it. We are driving BMW's, and for that we pay a premium on everything. From oil changes to wheels to exhaust etc. I mean for mufflers and tips we are paying 2500+ which is insane.

I get it, all of the development that goes into these things cost a lot of time and money, and that needs to be spread into the product. I can tell you that I would NEVER in am million years pay what I paid for the an intake previously, but am now happy I did. If you want the best, with numbers to back it up, you have to cough it up. There are plenty of more expensive options that do not look, nor work as well. Nothing worse than saving a buck, and then regretting it. People are selling their Gruppe M to buy this intake. Now they lose 1500+ on the Gruppe M sale, and then pay for this one too....

In this particular situation for me, it was worth an extra 1k just to have George's number. This man will exceed any customer service you can imagine. He helped me with my BMS tuner, my intake install, taking my Grilles out, future mod suggestions, and just YESTERDAY, my wife put 87 in my M6 ( I am still sick), and guess what, I called George. This man will support ANYTHING to with the car. He is an enthusiast, and extremely anal about quality. Not to mention owns the 1/4 record and knows his stuff!

Read my posts in other forums (same username), I hate wasting money on BS, and never have given anyone the praise I am giving George and only knew of the man for less than a month. This is about my 50th car, and I currently own an Alpina B7, X5, M6, Sl55, and a RAM truck. Again, never dealt with anyone like George before.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #25
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by desant89 View Post
I have an MSR intake, and originally had the same thoughts to be honest. But if you want the best performance, you have to pay for it. We are driving BMW's, and for that we pay a premium on everything. From oil changes to wheels to exhaust etc. I mean for mufflers and tips we are paying 2500+ which is insane.

I get it, all of the development that goes into these things cost a lot of time and money, and that needs to be spread into the product. I can tell you that I would NEVER in am million years pay what I paid for the an intake previously, but am now happy I did. If you want the best, with numbers to back it up, you have to cough it up. There are plenty of more expensive options that do not look, nor work as well. Nothing worse than saving a buck, and then regretting it. People are selling their Gruppe M to buy this intake. Now they lose 1500+ on the Gruppe M sale, and then pay for this one too....

In this particular situation for me, it was worth an extra 1k just to have George's number. This man will exceed any customer service you can imagine. He helped me with my BMS tuner, my intake install, taking my Grilles out, future mod suggestions, and just YESTERDAY, my wife put 87 in my M6 ( I am still sick), and guess what, I called George. This man will support ANYTHING to with the car. He is an enthusiast, and extremely anal about quality. Not to mention owns the 1/4 record and knows his stuff!

Read my posts in other forums (same username), I hate wasting money on BS, and never have given anyone the praise I am giving George and only knew of the man for less than a month. This is about my 50th car, and I currently own an Alpina B7, X5, M6, Sl55, and a RAM truck. Again, never dealt with anyone like George before.
+12345

He help me with my M6 too without any question ask, I didn't buy anything from him but he will try to help if someone is in need of it!
This guy is that good! Keep it up George!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 07:55 AM   #26
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
That's a good point about the filters. I haven't seen them elsewhere.

Have you thought about doing anything in carbon fiber with the pipes?

I'm not too far from you in NC. Might come check it out first hand one day. You around on weekends?
You call me any time 24/7 I make time. You can come by the shop, go cruise what ever you like.

I haven't looked into carbon fiber do to dampening the sound but with time I can figure that out connecting with the right people.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #27
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by desant89 View Post

My sentiments exactly and then quite a few more. George is a rarity in this "me too" era where your neighbor and every other car fanatic tells you he has a setup that does the same thing. He is a fanatic, an enthusiast, apparently a damned good man with a wheel and you cannot beat his customer service. George, you will live a long, rewarding and profitable life as long as you stick to your current formula. I build Resto-Mods in my spare time and I can tell you that I could not afford to spend the kind of time George did on this beautiful intake.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #28
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Let's face it guys... The MSR intake is by far the best looking intake on the market right now and it also routes the coldest air into the engine out of any other intake (the filters are on the outside of the engine bay). Not to mention MSR provides dyno sheets showing the power increases so there is cold hard evidence showing the benefits from a performance standpoint.

Serious question you should ask yourself... Do you really expect to pay the same price as the AFE intake which is made of plastic, unattractive, and has intake filters located inside a hot engine bay?

I previously had the Gruppe M intake on my M6 before the MSR and the Gruppe M is no cheap intake. At the time the Gruppe was the best looking intake on the market so that is why I went with it. But since the MSR came out I believe the MSR takes the cake so I ponied up the cash and bought it. Nothing on these cars are cheap fellas... Nothing worth its weight at least!

To top if off... George (owner of MSR) is a wealth of knowledge and customer service is top notch. I called George on a Sunday when he was spending time outside with his family and he answered the phone and helped me. He even followed up with texts and a phone call later that evening to make sure I was good to go. Not to mention (intake aside) he is open to helping you with anything else related to the performance of your ///M vehicle.

You can squawk about the price all you want but when it comes down to it the MSR intake is the baddest bitch on the market and with most things in life "you get what you pay for".

Brian
+1

Brian couldn't of said it any better.

Dyno on my car coming Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 04:49 PM   #29
M5TXGuy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 BlackSapphireMetallic

I will definitely be buying the MSR intake very soon! I'm a small business owner as well and I will always pay more for goods and services from people that truly care about their work and give great service. I strive for the same integrity in my own business. Great work, George!
      04-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #30
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

Love my MSR intakes

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #31
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Stay away from the Dinan intake I have had lots of issues with it.
      04-22-2015, 11:13 PM   #32
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

I want thank everyone for all the kind words and really appreciate your appreciation. I'm honored and humbled by all the positive feed back. Makes me want to work even harder to give you guys the best product I can develop and most of all endless customer service. I know I might not be able to satisfy everyone in every way but I'll continue to do my best and hopefully succeed to your expectations. Thanks again guys for all the support and amazing feed back. Cheers to all of you and I will always be here for you guys!!!
Appreciate 2
      04-23-2015, 08:30 AM   #33
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
Love my MSR intakes

this is INSANE brother.. MSR is def in my to do list..
as soon as im done burning money on the tune, the new tranny upgrade and the new catless pipes. this is it, hands down, not 1 intake on the market has this sound or looks. just insane!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 03:45 PM   #34
yeonhaoc
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 F10 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilb View Post
George can give us all the same discount he gave you and we'll be equally as enthusiastic!
how do i contact George of MSR ! like that intake! Whats the price we looking at!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #35
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeonhaoc View Post
how do i contact George of MSR ! like that intake! Whats the price we looking at!
Contact me and I can get it for you
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 05:34 PM   #36
Mr_M5Guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

George installed his MSR intake on my car this past Friday. This is the intake to buy.... HANDS DOWN! the power, the sound..... AMAZING!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #37
DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_M5Guy View Post
George installed his MSR intake on my car this past Friday. This is the intake to buy.... HANDS DOWN! the power, the sound..... AMAZING!
+1
Appreciate 0