M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

03-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #45
BLACK MARKT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5 - ALPINE WHITE

Hahaahahahhahhahahahaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Yeah Nate, you guys are totally losing credibility around here. Gotta start using that caps lock (it's right over there to the left of the "A" key) and giant red fonts. Really makes you look ultra professional and cutting edge. I too am worried about your qualifications to take on such builds these days due to your lack of billboard style postings (wish they had a glowing font or something). A shame really. I always felt you guys knew what you were doing. At least slap a big giant IND logo or something ("IND Fest Rock & Roll Fast Track M5 Super Meet") in the middle of the page so we have to scroll three times to see the end of it. Then I will quote it and really make things stand out. That might earn your street cred back.
      03-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #46
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Waiting

Waiting to see if the results are what you thought they would be. I have been talking to GTHaus about the tune and I am waiting to pull the trigger. Hope all goes well.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #47
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

What's the latest update on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #48
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK MARKT View Post
So I'll 100% be armed w/ the stage 1 flash by our #PMLQUICKSTRIKE run to SuperCar Sunday in Woodland Hills on 03/03/20XIII!!!
It's been a week since the Woodland Hills event, anything to report regarding your tune from GTHAUS? I was hoping for at least some head to head race reports against a completely stock M5 so we could see the improvement the stage 1 tune gave to your car. Did everything work out OK?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #49
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

I think its funny that we get updates for all kinds of things from the OP but updates on this "tune" are very inconsistent.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #50
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I think its funny that we get updates for all kinds of things from the OP but updates on this "tune" are very inconsistent.
Because as it has been discussed on here...these tunes are complete b.s. Fantasyland on here.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #51
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Because as it has been discussed on here...these tunes are complete b.s. Fantasyland on here.
So, I take it that there is only verifiable "good tune" on the market as of this time. I, for one, would also like more info on this as I am definitely in the market.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #52
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
So, I take it that there is only verifiable "good tune" on the market as of this time. I, for one, would also like more info on this as I am definitely in the market.
Correct. Visit here for info. Can be obtained here in the US.

You see, all of these tuners post these "results" and people talk and talk about them yet no one actually has any of them in the US. Yet to see anyone actually have one on their personal car and much less driven it for any length of time. The only legitimate tunes on any of these cars (both Euro and US) come from the same source. Some of them are getting higher gains than others not because it is a different tune, but because there are mods to the turbos and waste gates. None of this is recommended for daily use as the DCT trans does not handle the torque beyond the 700 lb ft range.

I do run this tune on my car along with downpipes and exhaust (Step 3). I have driven it for more approx. 1,700 miles with the tune and approx. 300 with the entire setup. The car performs beautifully. Zero adverse effects. Prob. is only wheel spin which I hope to reduce this afternoon with the installation of HRE S101 in 21X11 in the rear runnig Michelin SS 315.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #53
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Update

Quote:
Correct. Visit here for info. Can be obtained here in the US.

You see, all of these tuners post these "results" and people talk and talk about them yet no one actually has any of them in the US. Yet to see anyone actually have one on their personal car and much less driven it for any length of time. The only legitimate tunes on any of these cars (both Euro and US) come from the same source. Some of them are getting higher gains than others not because it is a different tune, but because there are mods to the turbos and waste gates. None of this is recommended for daily use as the DCT trans does not handle the torque beyond the 700 lb ft range.

I do run this tune on my car along with downpipes and exhaust (Step 3). I have driven it for more approx. 1,700 miles with the tune and approx. 300 with the entire setup. The car performs beautifully. Zero adverse effects. Prob. is only wheel spin which I hope to reduce this afternoon with the installation of HRE S101 in 21X11 in the rear runnig Michelin SS 315.
Coldlist - I just spoke to your friend Ron and yes, he did clarify what I was beginning to suspect. You are on the money is all that I am going to say. I recently spoke to some of the other "tuners" and I have yet to get a straight answer (which is a pretty good "tell").

Ron did say that he would be willing to fly out to do his tuning so I will be trying to organize a "group" tune in Central Texas on this forum. The pricing is reasonable and he did say that he would need a minimum of 3 cars to tune to make it worth his time. Needless to say, I am looking forward to it. I would be open to arranging this group tune for the Phoenix/Scottsdale area M5 owners in case anyone is interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #54
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
PM me if you get a Phoenix session going
      03-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #55
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
PM me if you get a Phoenix session going
Definitely will do that. I think all we would need would be one more M addict.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #56
BLACK MARKT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Great afternoon everybody -

Been off the grid for a few weeks because I've been busy w/ various projekt builds ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
It's been almost a month since we performed the ECU tune offered by GT HAUS.
Throughout the ECU tune process, during and after I've been in constant contact w/ them regarding the vehicles performance.
One of my main concerns was that in CA we get 91 octane so I didn't want the same tune as they used in Chicago.
With that said GT HAUS developed a more conservative ECU tune than the one they used specifically for my M5.

So 400+ miles later here's my take on the ECU flash ...

I can definetly feel a increase in power and it does seem faster ...
Under normal driving conditions it's been great ... no issues at all.
NO check engine warnings or any issues of any kind ..
The only time messages came up was during the intial flashing of the ECU .. a bunch of lights came on.
GT HAUS assured me that was very normal in the initial flashing process.

In SPORT PLUS hard driving conditions I can tell it runs harder faster but not neck breaking by any means ...
The best way I can explain it is that it feels like SPORT PLUS PLUS mode ...
In discussions that I've had with GT HAUS it's due to the toned down ECU flash I requested.
Against a stock M5 and M6 w/ a MEISTERSCHAFT exhaust on the street I've pulled away but we've always ran out of room to keep going ..
I have not ran any M5/M6's heads up, gear for gear but I feel that I should pull away based on how it feels now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Waiting to see if the results are what you thought they would be. I have been talking to GTHaus about the tune and I am waiting to pull the trigger. Hope all goes well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
What's the latest update on this?
On our last #PML QUICKSTRIKE to SUPERCAR SUNDAY in Woodland Hills I ran it pretty hard and again it felt and performed pretty good!!
Unfortunatley I didn't have a opportunity to run it head to head w/ the other M5's that came with us ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
It's been a week since the Woodland Hills event, anything to report regarding your tune from GTHAUS? I was hoping for at least some head to head race reports against a completely stock M5 so we could see the improvement the stage 1 tune gave to your car. Did everything work out OK?
Overall based on my request for a conservative ECU tune I'm happy with it for now ....
      03-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #57
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Interesting review and thoughts on the tune.

So, this is basically something else than the tune that is supplied by Noelle through Performing Imports?

Would be interesting to get confirmation of the source of the ECU tune. Is this GT Haus own development and not based on the Noelle tune or is this a derivative of that tune?

Also is this a ECU flash or via OBD?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #58
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

ECU Tune

Black Market - It is good to hear that you are happy with the tune and it feels more powerful. What I am understanding, from all of the info I have read, speaking to the tuners out there (GTHaus included), it seems that this is shaping up to be a tuning market with 3 different levels of power/tweaking (similar to the E60 M). A basic canned tune with a flash OBD access, an optimized tune by guys like Noelle Motors, IND/AMS, and PP Performance, and an optimized tune with additional power adders (tweaked/replacement turbos, catless exhaust, maybe nitrous, and other tweaks). It is pretty early in the mod game but, I think it is safe to say that all of the tunes will be testing the limits of the warranty.

Personally, I don't want to look at any Merc, Shelby, or other taillights unless the other car is heavily modded. I want the appearance, exhaust sound, reliability of a close-to-stock M5 as possible but be able to turn-up-the-wick when needed.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #59
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Eurocharged Tune is now available $2,000

http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...-f10-m5-detail

On the Eurocharged Dyno Dynamics dyno (more conservative than a dynojet) the F10 M5 goes from a baseline of 488.4 wheel horsepower to 542.8 wheel horsepower. This is a gain of 54.4 horsepower to the rear wheels on the more highly strung technical update S63 4.4 liter Twin Turbo V8 in the F10 M5. Very, very solid gains.

These gains are achieved on pump gas, 93 octane. In addition to the horsepower gain the rev limit is also raised and the top speed limited is deleted.

This tune retails for $1,999.00. The ECU must be sent in and Eurocharged will reflash should the dealer overwrite the tune with a software update.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #60
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...-f10-m5-detail

On the Eurocharged Dyno Dynamics dyno (more conservative than a dynojet) the F10 M5 goes from a baseline of 488.4 wheel horsepower to 542.8 wheel horsepower. This is a gain of 54.4 horsepower to the rear wheels on the more highly strung technical update S63 4.4 liter Twin Turbo V8 in the F10 M5. Very, very solid gains.

These gains are achieved on pump gas, 93 octane. In addition to the horsepower gain the rev limit is also raised and the top speed limited is deleted.

This tune retails for $1,999.00. The ECU must be sent in and Eurocharged will reflash should the dealer overwrite the tune with a software update.
I have dealt with these guys before and they are nothing short of first class. I am curious as to when they will have head-to-head runs with another M5 or like competition to see how the road dyno comparison comes out. And they are in Texas. Cool.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #61
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Seems to be a great mod at a great price And backed up by dyno runs.

Interesting to see that as more and more products come out for the M5 they are also backed up with dyno charts of before and after runs. Remus also had a dyno chart, just as Akrapovic, Supersprint and Manhart has provided (to name a few). Now we also have Eurocharged with a dyno result.

And no one with strange curves or unnatural behaviour. They also seem to be very consistent between the different cars that has been dynoed.

Either everyone must have been dynoed exactly according to the criterias pointed out by Coldlist or the M5 isn't as sensitive to having the hood closed and wind speed etc.

As we get more and more dyno runs that seems to be consistent (both US and European runs) I find it harder to believe that the M5 is allmost impossible to dyno correctly. I'm sure that you definitely need to take care of factors such as heat soak, temperature etc. But do all of these dyno rooms have variable wind speed facilities etc that apparently they need to have to be able to dyno the M5?

But maybe I'm missing something here?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #62
BLACK MARKT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It's not the tune that Noelle offers, this is the ECU flash thru GTHAUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Interesting review and thoughts on the tune.

So, this is basically something else than the tune that is supplied by Noelle through Performing Imports?

Would be interesting to get confirmation of the source of the ECU tune. Is this GT Haus own development and not based on the Noelle tune or is this a derivative of that tune?

Also is this a ECU flash or via OBD?
      04-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Cool

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #64
AlphaAlpineM6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 & 2012 AMG CLS63

Garage List
I worried about blowing a motor.. not trying to have a headache for hp gains.

2008 M3 Sedan + catless + Tune
2012 CLS63 AMG
2014 M6 Coupe + catless + KW V3
2015 Porsche GT3
, 2015 M3, all stock, 1/1 Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #65
DocMick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
So what are you going to do when you are bored of your tuned M5?

Also, the car is already significantly traction limited for the amount of power it has in stock form. I would put money into some aftermarket wheels and wider tires before anything else on this car.

Think about it.....what will an ECU tune do? The traction/stability mechansims are just going to kick in that much sooner and make all that extra power completely superfluous. With the DSC off, the stock tires will just spin endlessly and/or create dangerous uncontrolled conditions at higher speed.

My vote is to get more rubber to the ground.
QFT
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #66
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

How much do those tunes cost? Anything more than $1000 would be outrageous to charge for basically raising PSI of the turbo units. I hope you silly guys are not paying more than that, it just gives tunning companies more reason to charge you high. Supply and demand I guess.
Appreciate 0