05-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #89
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Wrong on every level and I feel your frustration.
I had an extremely unfortunate incident happen last year but this was caused by BMWNA. My car had the famous "Drivetrain Malfunction" light come on while I was running errands. Called BMWNA and they sent a flatbed wrecker. The malfunction kept the trans locked up and the genius driver of the wrecker could not figure out how to get my M on the wrecker. He finally backed up the flatbed to the edge of the back tires and was able to "slide" it up on to the bed. I was not happy about that at all. But, the real genius came into play when he attempted to "unload" the car at the dealershhip. He could not figure this out and placed many calls to his boss and others. Meanwhile, I was on my cell and telling the customer service rep at BMWNA what this buffoon was trying to do with my car. The wrecker operator finally got the car halfway off by sliding it off the flatbed by rocking the bed back and forth. Then he slowly drove the wrecker forward until the car was off the bed. BMWNA was 100% responsible for this as this was their carefully chosen "wrecker service". After battling it with BMWNA for several months (the driver broke my RK front spoiler lip) for some sort of compensation, I finally gave up. By the way, the BMW Mini GM recorded the whole circus event with his IPhone but would not give me a copy of the vid he took. All of this took over six hours from the time I called BMWNA which went past midnight. He assured me that he would forward it to the "right parties".
The way you get around it is to push the start button and try to get the car to nuetral when it kicks over. Usually it will crank and sputter and that is when it will pop into neutral. Once in neutral you are good to go. Some wrecker guys know the trick, others don't.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:27 AM   #90
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Who is the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #91
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Wow!! WTF?? I have heard of many service stories but this one is one of a kind. How can they even think to take a customers car to transport clients from service? Crazy!
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #92
Cali01
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 Lexus LX570

This guy just kinda went MIA on us, maybe he gotta a deal or something...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 11:41 AM   #93
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

BMW NA,
definitely.
      06-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #94
M5M6
Rep
Drives: Nice

I have 246 million viewers on YouTube and 180k subs. Hope you take some videos or at lwast pictures of your car (did you save the note?). That could be a good video to know.

Completely unheard of. First the act itself then a blatant lie! Unbeleivable.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #95
galt
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: FORMER: M3, X5M, M5, X5 3.5

Here is one way to think about compensation.

1. Look up the cost to rent a BMW m5 for the day (or however many days they had it.
2. Given they did not "give you a choice" of renting your car--your compensation should be a multiple of that price. Maybe 3-5X?

That seems reasonably fair--yet still inexcusable that a dealer would do this.
Appreciate 0