M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

08-01-2016, 04:12 AM   #23
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatbmw View Post
His was remotely tuned because the ECU's were opened already and unlocked.

So the OBDII thing doesn't surprise me on this level.

I wonder when/if ever probably not at this point they will be able to do it right away.
For anybody to get their ecu unlock it's a trust factor between you and the guy doing it.
It's a second trust factor to hope when you receive it back that a good flash was placed on it.
Most important when you can actually watch the person doing the work live is impressive. Halim knows his way around the computer. For that I was really impressed by his knowledge. I haven't heard of anyone actually watched their file actually flashed on their car. Maybe someone who has can chime in. That helps others to be confident in their tuners work.

They are conducting beta testing on obll port work.
Appreciate 2
FSociety3810.00
M6Pilot31.50
      08-01-2016, 04:24 AM   #24
lunden
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13 800RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by momos750 View Post
Well that's a buzz kill! Lol
Not a buzzkill.. It will never be possible to break the 1024 RSA encryption. Some say they can but it's all BS, if they could they would have launched it and made serious cash.
All the big tool companies haven't even solved that for ECUs that are from 2009, how come they should do it on these that are even more complex.

FYI, it is very handy to get this kind of tuning, especially when people has different needs, then there is no need for resending ECUs. You only do that once and can per request get whatever you like done. So actually you can get it livetuned on dyno too if that's the plan without driving x miles to whoever does that. You can go to your local dyno and get that done or even on the road with logging.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #25
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Nice #s and info OP

I know of a couple tuners that can flash via OBDII once the ECUs are unlocked. +1 more to the list with your tuner

Any plans to address the heat soak? I'm looking into water/meth system, but planning only to run distilled water. I dont need the octane boost from meth (I mix E85 regularly).
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #26
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Hi thanks.
No plans for me to add either meth or jb4. Your e85 should be good enough though and add extra power.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-01-2016, 03:54 PM   #27
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2K13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
As you guys know long time ago I was started off w a BR tune which didn't work out at all for me. I ended up having a Eurocharged BR file which worked and My car finally ran strong wo problems. I had maybe 620 hp most likely a lot less. I can't remember. But again my car ran with no more issues and for that I was happy. Over the last two years many tuners have risen and lots of you guys now are able to enjoy the fruits from guinny pigs like me.
Some of you have regular tunes and some tunes are stacked using jb4, meth, ice or whatever. All are good and there is a tune out there for everyone.

I've waited for a long time to switch tunes and have been waiting as I needed a new clutch as you will see in my Dyno sheet it slipped on me. I decided to get a tune first. Clutch will be next week. Three days ago I had Halim put his tune on my car. The wait finally paid off in a serious way.

My car is now tuned from (HCP) Halim Cazimi Performance. And boy does it RUN! (Special shout out to Kevin for quick service)

After Halim flashed the file I drove like 120 miles in a short time frame. I was having so much fun w my new tune. My car pulls extremely hard all through the rev range like no other. With my euro tune I was able to tackle faster cars from midrange on up. This new tune will eat them up and spit them out. My new tune friggin rips and blows my previous file away. Zero comparison. Whatever car I used to beat I now know I will put lengths on them.

I first enjoy no cold start as some of you do. Putting foot to floor I can't say anything but many thank yous to Halim for his diligence, customer service and hard work on this file. Many people doubted him because they had to wait as he is in the process of beta testing with the obll port for full flashing. It's worth the wait.

I've driven a few tuned m5 and some fast cars but none come close to this experience. Butt Dyno felt it was fast. Ripping past a few fast cars showed me it was fast. Dyno sheet proved to me it was a strong home run.

During my Dyno session yesterday (96* and humid yesterday during testing) I was blown away from what I what witness to. Consistently high hp/tq numbers. I had like 10 pulls yesterday with a low of 647hp I think and a high of 711hp. My day was finished as heat soak took over. Anybody's will on a hot humid day. I will be consistent 700's on a fresh cold day. Guarantee that one.

So, if you guys are looking for a custom tuner who knows his way around a computer, who will put a screaming tune on your beast, eat other cars for breakfast, Halim Cazimi Performance is the way to go.
Awhile everything u say sounds amazing. Real world results are what i look for are u on stock turbos and what gas are u using pump or pump with meth and etc? Any 1/4 mile time with ET or 60-130 time?

Do I have to send my ecu in or is there a cable for remove flash tune. Can he do boost off the line, rolling anti lag, boost by gear, advanced traction control, multiple maps off the same flash for different gas, and etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #28
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTeD ///M View Post
Awhile everything u say sounds amazing. Real world results are what i look for are u on stock turbos and what gas are u using pump or pump with meth and etc? Any 1/4 mile time with ET or 60-130 time?

Do I have to send my ecu in or is there a cable for remove flash tune. Can he do boost off the line, rolling anti lag, boost by gear, advanced traction control, multiple maps off the same flash for different gas, and etc.
I can answer some of these questions for you.
Take a look at his answers to the others in this thread, and you will answer a lot of your own questions.
Some of your other questions he will have to chime in on, as I'm curious too.
Retired:2015 M5 CP MSR Intake|Carbon Fiber Fender Vents|Meisterschaft GTC catback with LXR mid pipes and ER Catless DPs | BPMSPORT Stage II Tune | RKP Rear Diffuser and Challenge Center piece |RKP Front Lip| Painted Reflectors | H&R Springs | Strasse SM5R Carbon Fiber Wheels | Nitto R888 |
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #29
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Thank you combatbmw.

@ ra ted //m I'm quite sure he can accommodate your list. But he will have to answer your tech questions. Kinda sounded like an interview for qualifications lol. I gave him what I wanted and he did what I asked. But that's between he and myself sorry. But you have ask yourself what you are looking g for in a tune as everyone is different.

Last edited by boots; 08-01-2016 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #30
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

After I get a new clutch installed I will re Dyno.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #31
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
Mine getting done tomorrow Boots! Looking forward the results and will upload V-Box data, soon as weather permits!
Awesome grisha. I'm anxious for ya. Let's gt her on the road
Happy you're happy brother. It's been a long road traveled - good to see you're happy and your numbers speak for themselves.. No question. Hearing you laugh on the phone the other day confirmed to me you had got what you had been looking for.
      08-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #32
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Thank you very much Rob. Yea me Grigory and you know what We went through from the start of this tune stuff. I'm glad Halim was around to hone his skillz and I was able to wait for him to put it on my car. Yea my laughter said it all. Those who had a decent tune then went to an awesome tune know what I'm saying. Grigory got his tune done yesterday and his also is kicking ass. Another happy HCP stomper! Yea the numbers talk in their own but to settle some naysayers, I guarantee I'll get even better numbers. The heat index will be 100* or less w 100% humidity. I just like to back up what I say.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-14-2016, 04:53 AM   #33
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

I can't say enough about the customer service I've received from HCP. Top notch
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #34
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
boots hey thanks for the review, have you ran any other comparable car with a diff tuner flash ?

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 02:19 PM   #35
sbassi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
2019 BMW X6  [0.00]
Did anyone that has done the flash tune change the coils and spark plugs also. I was told because of my car being a 2013 it's wise to do so.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 03:31 PM   #36
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep

I had my plugs changed and gapped to 0.022. Its a good idea since the ECUs will be out of the way. I also had my #3 coil go bad after the flash and that was swapped out too.

I highly recommend a local flash tuner who can trouble shoot any problems. My #3 coil went bad (misfires) as I was leaving the shop right after the flash tune. I limped back to the shop and it was promptly diagnosed and fixed. I went with Mission Performance.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #37
lunden
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbassi View Post
Did anyone that has done the flash tune change the coils and spark plugs also. I was told because of my car being a 2013 it's wise to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
I had my plugs changed and gapped to 0.022. Its a good idea since the ECUs will be out of the way. I also had my #3 coil go bad after the flash and that was swapped out too.

I highly recommend a local flash tuner who can trouble shoot any problems. My #3 coil went bad (misfires) as I was leaving the shop right after the flash tune. I limped back to the shop and it was promptly diagnosed and fixed. I went with Mission Performance.
No need to gap plugs.. If your tuner knows how to tune he should be aware of this. Also, BMW MUST check your plugs before installing, as there can be a slight variance between plugs. But 0.022 etc etc doesn't work at all. There is a different route for this
BTW, I assume you service the M5 at BMW dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #38
sbassi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
2019 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunden
Quote:
Quote:

No need to gap plugs.. If your tuner knows how to tune he should be aware of this. Also, BMW MUST check your plugs before installing, as there can be a slight variance between plugs. But 0.022 etc etc doesn't work at all. There is a different route for this
BTW, I assume you service the M5 at BMW dealerships.
Yes. How would I have BMW check this? Just ask them? And what other route?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:26 PM   #39
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep

I suppose every tuner has a preference in what they'd like to see as supporting mods to their work. I know new plugs must be checked out of the box as there may be variances. I went with what was recommended to me at the time; the cost to me was just the cost of the plugs from a local dealer (tuner shop installed/gapped them).

I believe my tuner knows his stuff because the car has been great since. I do have my local dealer service the car, but so far its been just tranny software update (prior to flash tune).
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-20-2016, 05:12 PM   #40
lunden
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I suppose every tuner has a preference in what they'd like to see as supporting mods to their work. I know new plugs must be checked out of the box as there may be variances. I went with what was recommended to me at the time; the cost to me was just the cost of the plugs from a local dealer (tuner shop installed/gapped them).

I believe my tuner knows his stuff because the car has been great since. I do have my local dealer service the car, but so far its been just tranny software update (prior to flash tune).
Yeah, I actually inspected the spark plugs at BMW prior to installation in my m5 and m6. They all vary slightly.. BUT! If you read on the package, it says to inspect and gap correctly before installation - but do they do this - nope
But about gapping spark plugs, it's not necessary.. It can be a ridiculous torque limiter that needs tweaking. Actually you can also tune the sparkplugs inside the software. Many approaches, gapping is easiest for some, but not recommended if you ask me.
I'm glad that you're happy with your tune btw !
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-21-2016, 01:31 AM   #41
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
boots hey thanks for the review, have you ran any other comparable car with a diff tuner flash ?
Thanks man. On my previous tune I ran lambo, Ferrari, new zo6 and beat them all. But haven't had time to run anyone besides a regular vette and mustang on this tune. But I can say that my old tune was dog slow compared to this. Speak to Halim he can set you free🖖🏿

Last edited by boots; 08-21-2016 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      08-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #42
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
My advice would be to swap out plugs and coil packs if a 13.
      08-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #43
sbassi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
2019 BMW X6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan
Quote:
My advice would be to swap out plugs and coil packs if a 13.
Thanks

Gap the plugs?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2016, 04:34 PM   #44
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Thanks man. On my previous tune I ran lambo, Ferrari, new zo6 and beat them all. But haven't had time to run anyone besides a regular vette and mustang on this tune. But I can say that my old tune was dog slow compared to this. Speak to lunden he can set you free🖖🏿
thank you will do

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0