M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

05-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #45
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

A week? That's crazy. I would take the car back and drive it without the sound system while they wait for the amp to come in.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 01:53 AM   #46
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

Would you?.. They did offer me that, but I'm due to go on a 400 mile trip with the kids at the weekend and I wanted the music. Plus I didn't want to keep going back and forth to the dealer. I just want it back fixed and hopefully sorted. I'm falling out of love with it, so these problems aren't helping... I've still only had it 2 weeks from new.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #47
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

I wonder since you guys have active sound maybe it's a electromagnetic inference somewhere and certain electronics make it more noticeable?
      05-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #48
DrewM5
Captain
Rep
Drives: SG E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex View Post
Would you?.. They did offer me that, but I'm due to go on a 400 mile trip with the kids at the weekend and I wanted the music. Plus I didn't want to keep going back and forth to the dealer. I just want it back fixed and hopefully sorted. I'm falling out of love with it, so these problems aren't helping... I've still only had it 2 weeks from new.
Given your trip, I would have taken the loaner like you did.
2014 M5 Competition|Space Grey|Black Merino Full Leather|Anthracite Trim|Executive package|LED Lighting Package|Drivers's Assit Package|B&O Sound System|Bel STiR Plus 9500ci|IND Side Markers and Side Vents|Exhaustmeister|HRE P101 Satin Charcoal/Michelin PSS (Summer)|601/Pirelli Sottozero Serie II (Winter)|Coded by V12
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 09:55 AM   #49
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Boy7 View Post
I wonder since you guys have active sound maybe it's a electromagnetic inference somewhere and certain electronics make it more noticeable?
I thought the same. especially as people with both HK and B&O are experiencing this. it even got loader with when the rain got heavier the other day!!! i'm sure a new amp and new speaker is NOT the fix for this problem. we shall see...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #50
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Boy7 View Post
I thought the same. especially as people with both HK and B&O are experiencing this. it even got loader with when the rain got heavier the other day!!! i'm sure a new amp and new speaker is NOT the fix for this problem. we shall see...
I wonder what would happen if active sound was disconnected if possible to code out? I remember on a B&O rattle thread it was talked about but there would be NO sound as the systems as "tied" together. I'm sure there is a complicated solution.
      05-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #51
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep

I collected my car today. they sourced new amp and speaker from Germany earlier than anticipated. both are replaced and now no noise heard. BMW and B&O just said to replace both parts with no quibble and didn't even want to see the faulty amp for inspection. they must be very cheap to them! if any of you guys are having the same problem, and are still under warranty, get the Amp replaced or your boot (trunk) could catch fire!!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 01:25 PM   #52
yebogogo10
Chris
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535Xi

Just to confirm that the fix here was to replace the amp? My 535Xi is doing the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:18 PM   #53
NZ-M340ixDrive
Private First Class
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Sorry to reignite an older thread.

I have the crackle now and again never regular.

My concern now is reading about the amp and fire 🤦🏻*♂️

Is there a cure for this or is replacing the amp the fix?
Appreciate 0