BMW M Power Experience 2012 Announced for Abu Dhabi - October 7
COMMENTS
Name:  blank.jpg
Views: 6180
Size:  306 Bytes

Name:  header1.jpg
Views: 6478
Size:  65.0 KB

The 2012 BMW M Power Experience is coming October 7th and this year's event will take place in Abu Dhabi, where the program will be principally held at the Yas Marina Formula 1 race track! Last year's M Power Experience in Spain (report 1, report 2) focused on the F10 M5, and this year's Abu Dhabi event will feature the new M6 coupe and M6 convertible.

The package price for driving participants is at $3,990 USD including all costs except airfare. Cost for non-driving participants will be $2,690 USD. This includes hotel, two breakfasts, snacks, one lunch and two dinners.

Here is the intinerary and some event information:

Name:  header2.jpg
Views: 6080
Size:  44.6 KB

Programme.

Day 1.

After your arrival at Abu Dhabi airport, you will be brought directly to the 5* Yas Viceroy Hotel, where you will be welcomed by us.

After some spare time, the new BMW M6 will be presented to you in the evening. In the course of the presentation enjoy a fancy gala dinner in one of Abu Dhabi’s most exclusive restaurants.

Day 2.

The morning of the second day begins with a diversified scenic drive. You have got the opportunity to experience the new BMW M6 around the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. It leads to an impressive, approx. 15 kilometre (9.32 miles) long road with over 60 curves, to one of the highest mountains of the Emirates, the Jebel Hafeet – from where you can enjoy a stunning view over the entire Al Ain plain.

Back in the hotel, you have got the possibility of relaxing in the hotel’s own SPA area or participating in our diversified supporting programme. Before heading to the race track in the evening, spoil yourself culinarily in one of Yas Viceroy Hotel’s exquisite restaurants.

As the highlight of day 2, you will get the unique opportunity to test the new BMW M6 yourself on the Yas Marina Circuit. The race track experience by night on the 5.5 kilometre (3.42 miles) track is a very special experience, which is usually only reserved to Formula 1 drivers.

Day 3.

In the morning of the third day enjoy an extensive breakfast with an incredible view over the race track. Afterwards you will have the chance to participate in the supporting programme. According to your planned departure time, we will accompany you to the airport and wish you a pleasant journey.

Supporting programme.

Depending on what your time allows, you will either drive to the tallest building in the world, the Dubai Burj Khalifa, enjoy the view from level 120 and then do some shopping in the Dubai Mall, one of the world’s largest shopping centres. Alternatively, you will be taking part in an exclusive guided tour through the Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the world’s third largest mosque, and admire the magnificent architecture of the famous Emirates Palace Hotel. Or go on an exciting, by professional desert drivers accompanied, desert safari in a BMW XM. Furthermore, jet skis and a golf course are waiting for you by Abu Dhabi’s turquoise blue sea. Alternatively, you can relax and get pampered in the hotel’s own SPA.

Name:  header3.jpg
Views: 6267
Size:  85.7 KB

Yas Viceroy Hotel.

The Yas Viceroy Hotel, built half on land, half on water, captivates with its breathtaking location. With a stunning view onto the yacht harbour, the Yas Viceroy is the only hotel which has been designed to be integrated into a race track.

Belonging to Abu Dhabi’s most spectacular attractions, the hotel’s futuristic steel and glass architecture with colour changing LEDs is incredibly impressing. The Yas Viceroy Hotel possesses 8 speciality restaurants, 2 patisseries, 2 bars, 2 fitness centres, 2 steam baths, 2 swimming pools on the roof’s sun deck and a luxury SPA-Executive-Lounge with a business centre. Moreover, the spacious deluxe rooms with their glass facades offer a remarkable view and promise, due to their modern furnishing, a pleasant stay at the BMW M Power Experience.

Name:  header4.jpg
Views: 6185
Size:  91.9 KB

Yas Marina Circuit.

The Formula 1 race track built in 2009 is ranked as the most modern and spectacular facility in the world. The 5.5 kilometre (3.42 miles) long circuit, captivating with the world’s longest straight of 1.1 kilometres (0.68 miles), allows top speeds of up to 340 km/h (211mph). The track goes past the yacht harbour and underneath an element connecting the two futuristically designed wings of the Yas Viceroy Hotel, wherefrom the hotel guests can follow the race.

For more information, contact:

The BMW M Power Experience Team.
Hotline: +49 89 202526 911
Email: info@m-power-experience.com
or visit http://www.m-power-experience.com/en/Home.aspx

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
ahem, repost?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651174
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Hmm that could be a fun trip!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

I would love to do this. I've always wanted to travel to Abu Dhabi
      06-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

I visited Dubai and Abu Dhabi last month and was struck by their high quality roads and infrastructure -- like driving on glass. Sticky, grippy glass. I wish I had something more fun to drive than the LR2 I was puttering around in. This is going to be an amazing experience for whoever gets to go.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I visited Dubai and Abu Dhabi last month and was struck by their high quality roads and infrastructure -- like driving on glass. Sticky, grippy glass. I wish I had something more fun to drive than the LR2 I was puttering around in. This is going to be an amazing experience for whoever gets to go.
I agree, Dubai/Abu Dhabi is nice and this should be an amazing event. In regards to the UAE, however, I think that place might implode. If you spend some time there, you'll see that Dubai/Abu Dhabi is an island surrounded by the less fortunate, where one day the have-nots will reach a boiling point. When I visited there, it seems that there is a distinct social order, or class system where the wealthy Arabs occupy certain positions, and others, including foreigners from other parts of the Middle East occupy low ranking positions such as janitorial and taxi services. Secondly, once the oil runs out, they will be in trouble. That is why UAE is beefing up its tourism industry with events such as this, exotic resort hotels, and other amenities. Third, they are also beefing up their business sector by trying to get foreign companies and investors to do business there. Just my .02 cents.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

That's just days before my birthday. How do I get on the list and how much does it cost? I think this is calling my name.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
JerezblackM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 dct

It's an hour away. How much does this package cost?
      06-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
sebaflex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Sounds good. Price?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #10
///M.Tonee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

Hi,

The package price for driving participants is at $3,990 USD including all
costs except airfare. Cost for non-driving participants will be $2,690 USD.

This includes hotel, two breakfasts, snacks, one lunch and two dinners.

Best regards,
Your BMW M Power Experience team
      06-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
Stormont
Registered
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: Carless :(

I can see the track from my apartment. Any chance of a different pricing scheme for UAE residents which doesn't include accommodation?
Appreciate 0