Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-20-2014, 02:49 AM   #1
ericdad
Private
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5 CP

Exclamation Need help!

A friend of my 7 year old son sat behind the driver's seat of my new M5 today and somehow decided to pull on the panel in front of him. So this is the back part of the front passenger/driver seat. The upper part of the panel which is on top of the seat pocket (for the rear passenger to put light items like news paper) which is situated at the back side of the front seat, and it's the panel right below the front passenger/driver head rest. I was in shock when I felt the thumping sensation and loud noise when it was pulled off from the rest of the seat.

When looking at it, it seems nothing is broken so I feel relieved for now. However, I can't put this back in. There are little clips left on the seat portion that suppose to be attached to the cover panel (that was pulled apart). I think I should somehow take these two clips off from there and attach them to the cover panel first then push these clips toward the car to securely put back the cover panel. But I can't take them off no matter what I do. They are slightly bent so once it is pushed in to the slot, it expends so it does not come off easily.

I'm sorry I can't explain well and I can't take photos to show you either. I hope somehow magically someone knows what the heck I'm trying to say and be able to help me out. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Worst case scenario, take it to the dealership and tell them that you have no idea how it fell off. I bet they fix it under warranty.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
ericdad
Private
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Worst case scenario, take it to the dealership and tell them that you have no idea how it fell off. I bet they fix it under warranty.
Thanks for the advice. I managed to fix it myself. So all done and case closed!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
(H)
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 (after F10 M5 ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdad View Post
Thanks for the advice. I managed to fix it myself. So all done and case closed!
@ericdad, wow, did you "pull a panel" of that friend as well ;-) So glad to see that everything worked out fine. Do you mind sharing how you put it back on? Just in case any of my girls or their friends feel like pulling on it.

Used to drive me nuts when three kids get in the back of the car and six shoes were competing against each other in which could kick harder against the AC and heated seats etc control unit in the center ;-) By now I have given up and just don't care much about what is happening behind the front seats. Kids are still more important/precious than even the coolest ///M car.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
ericdad
Private
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by (H) View Post
@ericdad, wow, did you "pull a panel" of that friend as well ;-) So glad to see that everything worked out fine. Do you mind sharing how you put it back on? Just in case any of my girls or their friends feel like pulling on it.

Used to drive me nuts when three kids get in the back of the car and six shoes were competing against each other in which could kick harder against the AC and heated seats etc control unit in the center ;-) By now I have given up and just don't care much about what is happening behind the front seats. Kids are still more important/precious than even the coolest ///M car.
Hahaha, no I didn't pull the panel of my son's friend's parent car. I bought this tool from a hardware store this morning for $10 NZD ($8 USD) and used this to pull out the clips. It was very easy once I figured out what tool to use. Thanks for asking. I hope this helps in case this happens to anyone else in the future. Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0