M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Pedal Haus brake pedal

I've mounted the brake pedal cover that Pedal Haus makes to fit the F10 5 series with the automatic transmission. I've done that for the larger size of it. I left foot brake and sometimes have found my foot searching for the correct spot on the small brake pedal that comes with the DCT transmission. From just garage testing at this point, I think I will like the new larger pedal. Pedal Haus ships it with #8-32 screws, but I used slightly larger #10-32 screws, and they fit the mounting holes even better. I found three mounting holes which worked on the smaller base of the M5 brake pedal, and the new pedal feels very solid. For those worried about symmetry, it does look a little lost all by itself, but both the accelerator and the dead pedal work just fine as they are. This was just about function for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Yes, it looks a bit off, but if you don't care neither do I. Are those white dots raised and are they metal or rubber? How's the "stickiness" factor? I was torn between these and the M performance ones.
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronch View Post
Are those white dots raised and are they metal or rubber? How's the "stickiness" factor?
The raised white dots are the bare aluminum not covered from the black anodize dip. Pedal Haus tells me they use 5052 aluminum which I believe is less strong than 6061, but this piece seems plenty rigid enough to handle my foot pressure even on the unsupported overhang of the larger pedal cover. The non-slip property feels fine with rubber soled tennis shoes, I haven't tried it with leather soled dress shoes. With the larger size I think your foot is less likely to have a traction problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

You don't have floor mats?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 03:27 PM   #5
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post
You don't have floor mats?
No, and my feet never touch the floor either! With no marks on the heel pad you can tell I'm very anal over the carpeting! I do have a floor mat, I just took it out for the drilling of the pedal for the screws. Easier to vacuum up the little metal bits. You can see the groove from the side of the mat in the tunnel carpet.
Appreciate 0