M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-17-2014, 09:48 AM   #23
variable229
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Now that you retained counsel that usually slows down the lemon law buyback process even more. It sounds like you have first model year production issues and not sure if you'll find enough m5 users who have lemoned their car.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #24
Netwon
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M5 Alpine White

Garage List
2012 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by variable229 View Post
Now that you retained counsel that usually slows down the lemon law buyback process even more. It sounds like you have first model year production issues and not sure if you'll find enough m5 users who have lemoned their car.
2013 is not the first year of production for the F10 M5. 2013 was the first year it was available in the USA. 2012 had a full production run.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
DocMick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by variable229 View Post
Wasn't sure what options I had to begin with. Family and friends with expensive BMW lemons (Alpina b7, x5) have recommended legal counsel.

How would that slow down the process?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 01:28 AM   #26
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMick View Post
I bet I know which dealer that was.

Thanks for the feedback.
FYI it was direct with BMWUSA, no dealer involved. If you have hit the 30 days out of service limit it should be a non issue. Service dealer was Fresno BMW since I was on a road trip with my wife and the baby. The pickup was done with Vista BMW, but they had no idea while I was there. Just met the rep there.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #27
Ninong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm assuming you have read California's lemon law and know that your situation qualifies, right?

It's pretty cut and dry, assuming you meet all of the requirements, especially the one about having the factory's representative involved in an effort to correct the problem.

If you meet the out-of-service requirement and/or the number of attempts to fix the same issue, assuming the factory's own representative was involved in at least one of those attempts, then it's up to you how you want to proceed with BMWNA. They'll want to take into consideration the current mileage on the car in their calculation but, in general, you have the upper hand.

I have seen several lemon law resolutions and all of them ended with satisfied customers. Personally I have never seen one that involved legal counsel. Unless the attorney is a family member and thus doing this pro bono, I don't know if that's necessary. Unless, of course, you're trying to hit them up for incidental damages or something like that.

By the way, it's better if you don't make an issue of this on any public forum. Part of the resolution offer from BMWNA will be an agreement by you to keep everything confidential. As long as you are completely satisfied with the resolution then there's no longer a problem to discuss. That's up to you but that's the way they look at it. From their point of view, if you are happy in the end, then the only thing left to post is that BMW took care of you.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #28
wonderkid23
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

That's right. Last year i had to lemon my 2012 550i after 2 years of suffering. I collected repair information from my local dealer and contacted BMW USA directly w/o attorney. They did some research and approved lemon in 2 weeks. As long as your case is qualified for lemon according to CA law, no hussle. BMW is well known for easy lemon process.

Now i am driving 2014 M5 cp pack and still suffering but not enough to proceed lemon...BMW raised price to almost Porsche level but built quality is not there yet. I know some of p car oweners have issues with their cars. But my porsche is fine and is it my luck?
Appreciate 0