M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

09-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #177
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
That would be Mr. Purple in the corner. However, the Spyder is a fun drive at 2900 pounds with the 3.8 911 S motor is very sublime. I'm just a NA motor guy, and the E46 was the best M car I owned that was always fun to drive. I think the other poster stated it clearly you could toss it around with no effort.

Great garage. Totally agree with you. The last tossable generation of M cars were the E60 and the E9x. The E46 may have been one of the best in this department. Nowadays M cars are not that special anymore. Only the M2 is a true enthusiast M car. BMW made the M2 because of that.

The F8x and F1x are not tossable cars. I couldn't describe how bizarre it felt when I drove the last generation CLS63 and thought it felt 1000lbs lighter and more accurate on its feet than the F10 M5 (although it was far less capable, especially due to the tranny)
Appreciate 1
Bimmer6631.50