M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

08-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #67
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

On another forum, a member posted that there is a bulletin circulating to dealers that the M5 will be released the week of 8/20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ

UPDATE:
I was informed this morning that an email has circulated stating the USA F10 M5 will be released to dealers the week of August 20.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #68
ilfz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ
I can deal with waiting ... what I can't deal with easily is the lack of info. If it is 9/1 then just tell us. Quick with all the dicking around ...
They cant give you a 9/1 date because it looks like its just a CARB/EPA holdup. Government wont give them an exact date and all BMW can do is just wait. What if they did tell us 9/1 to be safe, then all of a sudden cars get release friday, then we would all be pissed why they would hold our cars for another 10 days.

Lets be patient, they are almost here.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #69
SpotM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Regarding EPA - the car has had a $1300 potential GGT for a long time. The M6 is already for sale and it has the same drive train. I suspect it is not EPA.

With the boats leaving the west coast, I suspect they will have enough cars across the country in the next week to roll out the M5. Good point re floor models, with the dealer allocations so tight, most early M5's are sold - Priority One status. I wouldnt want my car on the showroom as a demo for a week or so... That is probably why they hold them at the port. Should be soon...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #70
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGS View Post
I spoke to my CA this morning as well, and learned two things about the delivery delay:

1. Same as above, CARB/EPA Cert not done yet. The EPA will move when they are good and ready, not much BMW can do to to push them. My CA guessed, but has no evidence, that one possible reason for the delay is the EPA is focusing on higher volume makes/models first as they impact a larger number of customers and the M5 is at the back of the line because it's a low volume "specialty" car.

2. The debate about whether BMW will hold the cars for a coordinated release has some truth to it. My CA does not believe BMW is holding cars specifically for a 9/1 release, but he said BMW will absolutely hold cars until they have the first car at the VPC and ready to go for most of the dealers across the country. In the past, certain dealers complained when other dealers got deliveries of new models a week or two before they did, and therefore had a week or two lead time to woo buyers with a test drive and book orders. This is not an issue on normal production cars because the coordinated roll-out is managed with the initial floor models built for dealer stock, but is an issue with "high priced, specialty" cars like the M5 when BMW makes the decision not to invest in building a stock floor model for each dealer.
I agree with all of this and can back it up with what I have heard as well from my sources. The fact of the matter is that BMW put out way back in May this year that the launch day for the U.S. Release for the F10 M5 will be September 1st. BMW has not deviated from that statement nor have they put anything new out since then. I know a lot of people are hopeful, but I think everybody has forgotten the facts here. If BMW allows the dealers to release a little early, then it will be nothing more than a bonus for those who ordered for U.S. Delivery.

No matter what happens, by 9/1 both the U.S. Delivery people and the Euro Delivery people will be driving their M5's, because this is what BMW said would happen. Have patience everyone, our time is almost here.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #71
M5DDS
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 (In Production)

The fact that BMW gave a release date is complete bullshit. If this were true, all sales managers would know this and not be promising earlier delivery dates.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #72
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5DDS View Post
The fact that BMW gave a release date is complete bullshit. If this were true, all sales managers would know this and not be promising earlier delivery dates.
While I can understand your frustration, you are making a huge leap of faith that as a rule car sales personel care enough to seek out all available information and read all of the emails they receive. We all know this is not the case. How many times have you walked into a showroom and known more about the vehicle than the salesman? Pretty much happens every time for me. Even my current CA, who has been selling BMWs for something like 20 years, does not know all the facts I have learned from visiting websites like this one.

The reality is, car salesman move around frequently. At my previous dealer, I never dealt with the same salesperson twice. I had 3 different salesmen for each of my previous M5s. They come and go to/from other dealerships and brands. Each time they move they learn the bare minimum about the full product line, and likely focus their time on the highest volume models. There's little incentive for them to invest a lot of time learning about a low volume car like the M5. Most will only sell 1 or 2 a year, whereas they probably sell 1 or 2 3-series cars a day. Unfortunately for us, we cannot count on our CAs to do the heavy lifting - that's why we rely on this community of enthusiats to investigate the facts and distribute the information.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #73
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

My worry is that since there is no official release date, there's always the possibility of it being after 9/1 as well.

Even the 2013 Bugatti Veyron has cleared the EPA and has for quite some time!

My biggest issues are a lack of information and having my vehicle sitting at the port exposed to the elements for 3 weeks now. Oh well, sadly nothing we can do.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #74
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Current delays are due to the US Regulatory Release and backlog. Cars should start shipping around 8/22 to dealers. This was posted on another forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by funf_meister

CA just advised me that the hold up is in US regulatory release and backlog (surprised?) of processing them. They expect this to be complete and cars in port should start shipping next Wednesday (Aug 22) if all stays on current path.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #75
Omar
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

M5 was cetified Juy 18, 2012. BMW is holding our cars, not the EPA.

Dear All:

I spent the whole day today trying to get to the bottom of this nonsense. First, the agent at the EPA stated that EPA has nothing to do with the holding of the M5s. He asked that I send an email to inquire about this further which I did. I received from the EPA the actual certification which was issues on July 18, 2012. I uploaded it here.

Its is BMW that is holding our M5s and not the EPA. This is an outrage and we should all demand the release of our car immediately. By the way, the agent told me that BMW has the practice of doing this.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf M5 Certificate.pdf (154.1 KB, 567 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #76
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Unbeliveable ! and the plot thickens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Dear All:

I spent the whole day today trying to get to the bottom of this nonsense. First, the agent at the EPA stated that EPA has nothing to do with the holding of the M5s. He asked that I send an email to inquire about this further which I did. I received from the EPA the actual certification which was issues on July 18, 2012. I uploaded it here.

Its is BMW that is holding our M5s and not the EPA. This is an outrage and we should all demand the release of our car immediately. By the way, the agent told me that BMW has the practice of doing this.
      08-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #77
nyamg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 Turbo

Quote:
Dear All:

^^^^^^WOW, well done!!!!!
I'm sure it was not easy to find this info. This pretty much confirms what most of us thought all a long, if the M6 has passed EPA then why wouldn't the M5????? This info upstes me even more, BMW is without question behind this B.S delay.
2014 LEXUS LX570
2014 GMC SIERRA
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #78
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Great detective work!!

Wait a minute, are you Magnum PI?!?!? (see post #22 in this thread: http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691925)

Quote:
This is consistent with point #2 in my post above (post #72).
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #79
Omar
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

BMW M5 certified on July 18

Thank you for your kind response. I called BMW North America and they could not give me an answer. They stated the dealer was responsible for the delivery of the car and BMW did not hold the cars belonging to the customers. I suggest everyone to call BMW headquaters if we want our cars delivered now. They need to hear from everyone of us. This is an outrage. Again, the EPA has nothing to do with this.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #80
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Quote:
Thank you for your kind response. I called BMW North America and they could not give me an answer. They stated the dealer was responsible for the delivery of the car and BMW did not hold the cars belonging to the customers. I suggest everyone to call BMW headquaters if we want our cars delivered now. They need to hear from everyone of us. This is an outrage. Again, the EPA has nothing to do with this.
Great Work! So no one's claiming responsibility I see...
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #81
Mporcl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BM

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2013/2013.php?so=4

Don't see the m5 here... I think the m6 drop tops that have been seen are 2012's....
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #82
Mporcl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon
Quote:
Great Work! So no one's claiming responsibility I see...
Does anyone ever?
Appreciate 0