BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

07-01-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

A very unhappy M5 owner

So came home last night after work and what do I see?? Damage to my poor car parked outside my house

Spoke to my neighbour who advised that he head a loud bang and we he came outside he saw that a car had hit mine...He proceeded to get the guy to stop and when he refused he tried to grab the keys and pull him out of the car;

In doing so, the car started to roll backwards, nearly hitting my wifes car and nearly hitting another BMW parked some 30 metres down the street on the other side of the road. It was obvious according to my neighbour that the driver was stoned, however he then proceeded to "drive through" my neighbour who luckily jumped out of the way and proceeded to get away...The police were called who then when in pursuit but couldnt catch him and they unfortunately cant trace the details of the driver via the number plate details provided..

So looks like im going to have to claim £4k through my own insurance to get this fixed now..Utterly gutted but im hoping the bodyshop will return the car to as new..

Hopefully the pic attachment works to show the damage, will need a new front wing, a new wheel refurb and new front bumper!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 06:56 AM   #2
skansa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Datsun Sunny

gutted for you mate. false plates? did he damage one of your rims?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skansa View Post
gutted for you mate. false plates? did he damage one of your rims?
yeh possibly false plates and yes scratched up the rim so that will need to be refurbed too...

Car was completley mint before hand so hoping BMW can restore the car to how she was if not better

They have a challenge on though...Car goes in tomorrow to the bodyshop but they have until the 14th July to complete the job as im then off on a european road trip so the car better be ready as driving to the French Alpes with my wifes Polo just wont be the same lol!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
FnK SnK
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

what a f*cker!!

Bit of a long shot, but do any of your neighbour's have cctv?

Good luck and have a safe journey!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

What a wanker. Sorry to hear mate.

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Sorry to hear and see the damage to the car.. Unfortunately very rarely do you find people who actually do hit your car and do the right thing and own up..

At least no one was hurt/injured/killed I guess..

Take it you don't have a driveway? Maybe consider getting one done, to lessen the chance of this happening again.

All the best and I hope she is fixed in time for your trip mate

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:34 AM   #7
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Sorry to hear. It's an unfortunate event but lucky nobody got hurt. I give your neighbor credit for stepping in the guys way to avoid him from driving off. Just find a good body shop and you should be back to new again!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #8
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep

Definately think my neighbour went above and beyond as it seems he could have easily got into a fight or even worse

Unfortunately I dont have a drive....

I pretty much live in central love and even if one has £5m to spend on a house, chances are it will not come with a driveway so I suppose this kind of thing is part of living in inner city etc...

Body shop has said they will get the car back to new but Ill admit, I always struggle with chosing the right bodyshop as I simply dont know who is good and who is bad...its going to a Spire BMW dealership close to where I live; ive used them for my servicing needs and some warranty work so they seem pretty good in that respect....Bottom line is if they dont fix the car to my standards then I will reject the car until it is done properly...For £4k I expect it to be a perfect job!!lol
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
skansa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Datsun Sunny

Spire Watford? Guranteed loan car on insurance? hope that Polo is turbo charged!

i am driving a Skoda Octavia 1.4T (while my E92 is out of actions and M5 on wait) and that VW 1.4T engine is quite peppy. lol.

Total respect to neighbour. Rare for London for sure. i didnt even know mine after 2 years in West Hampstead!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #10
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skansa View Post
Spire Watford? Guranteed loan car on insurance? hope that Polo is turbo charged!

i am driving a Skoda Octavia 1.4T (while my E92 is out of actions and M5 on wait) and that VW 1.4T engine is quite peppy. lol.

Total respect to neighbour. Rare for London for sure. i didnt even know mine after 2 years in West Hampstead!
Its a Spire bodyshop based in kentish town...No courtesey car through my insurance (as opted out due to the fact I have my wifes car) but Spire will give me a car if one becomes availble

Polo, is over 10 years old and is an utter piece of £$F! but for some reason my wife loves it ??!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #11
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Easily fixable. However I hope they catch the guy and send him to jail.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #12
GarbageMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

We have ways to deal with these types (folks who hit and run) in Texas that might not be as socially acceptable in the UK...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #13
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

If br flipping out whrn if ever i see these kinda situation. Hope it works out and glad they caught the driver.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
We have ways to deal with these types (folks who hit and run) in Texas that might not be as socially acceptable in the UK...
You mean when you tie them to the back of the car and drag them for a few miles to the next town and dump them there.

Yeah that's a good example of punishment fits the crime.

The law is too soft in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #15
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageMan View Post
fine with me
Appreciate 0