Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

IND Orders

Guys, I just wanted to get feedback from you whether this is now usual practice for orders with IND. I have ordered from them in the past and don't remember how they went as I believe I got the items right away. Anyway I was thinking of ordering items for the transmission and exhaust but a bit apprehensive as to how long before they could deliver. I have something on order with them at the moment, nothing that significant, just the M5 mats, however, they still have not shipped them and logging in my account at their site, the order has the status of "pending" (was expecting shipped), but they have already charged my credit card (since the 11th of June). Now, assuming that the item is not in stock, shouldn't IND charge when the item is ready to be shipped? I was intending to order the short throw stick shift as well as an exhaust system but as I mentioned, I am afraid that IND might go ahead and charge me right away after ordering but still look into months before getting delivery of the items. Please share your thoughts and opinion.
      06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Hoopumpers
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Garage List
73 911 RSR  [0.00]
04 996 Cup  [0.00]
06 997 Cup  [0.00]
12 Boxster Spyder ( ...  [0.00]
15 Sierra HD Denali  [0.00]
16 GT3RS  [0.00]
17 Radical SR3  [0.00]
18 Model X  [0.00]
18 GT350R  [0.00]
19 M2 Comp  [0.00]
Don't doubt IND. Best on the planet. Just call them
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Why wouldn't u just call Nate and ask? The 11th was like 3 days ago and it's a weekend. I've ordered numerous things from ind and they have always shipped as promised.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
e92MMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 frozen

IND is the best out there. call them instead of wasting ur time creating this post
68 528 hemi dodge dart
69 598 jon kaase boss mustang
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
OUCH!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Bad experience with IND

I have always heard great things about IND and Their website and products represent that. But I went to a motorsport shop and I had ordered BMW pedals and Special Exhaust tips for 2014 M5. They sent my pedal in 5 days but the EXHAUST tips took little over 2 weeks. But that's not the bad part. I had ordered my exhaust tips to have the M logos with is an extra $100 charge and they specify that but it did not specify it would charge more for full color M logos with 3 colors stripes M LOGO. My invoice said it was so pose to be full color. Then the shop calls me and says they receive the tips and they send me pictures of the tips and I see they are gloss black tips and the M logo as I ordered but it was white logos only not the M logo with the 3 stripe colors as I ordered. So my sales man at the shop called them and they said oh I know it said it was full color but we are going to charge an extra $250 just for the M color logos to be on the tips. I WAS OUTRAGED for them lying on their website for what I ordered and giving me the tips engraved in a color I did not ask for. They did not want to stand by what my invoiced said. Since then, they now specify which color and for full color is $250 charge for the gloss black tips with M color logos. They lost my business even though I am very tempted to buy stuff because they have great products. But I was fooled and taken advantage of by IND in what was ordering I thought I paid for what I ask for and instead they gave me something else and wanted to charge me more after I received my product that I did not ask for. IND
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
avi8tir
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

I love it when a person's first reaction is to post on a message board instead of calling the person you are doing business with first. Get your head out of the sand. sheesh.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #8
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

I have NEVER had any issues with IND. Incredibly accommodating.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
Northern X5M
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 Tanzanite Blue M5

No issues here after several orders later. That being said no company is perfect and mistakes will be made. Talk to iND, I am sure an understanding can be reached.
      06-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #10
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
The mats are custom made. Not in stock items. Typically they take 1-2 weeks to ship depending on how backed up their upholstery shop is. The upholstery shop does the piping and stitching.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Guys, I just wanted to get feedback from you whether this is now usual practice for orders with IND. I have ordered from them in the past and don't remember how they went as I believe I got the items right away. Anyway I was thinking of ordering items for the transmission and exhaust but a bit apprehensive as to how long before they could deliver. I have something on order with them at the moment, nothing that significant, just the M5 mats, however, they still have not shipped them and logging in my account at their site, the order has the status of "pending" (was expecting shipped), but they have already charged my credit card (since the 11th of June). Now, assuming that the item is not in stock, shouldn't IND charge when the item is ready to be shipped? I was intending to order the short throw stick shift as well as an exhaust system but as I mentioned, I am afraid that IND might go ahead and charge me right away after ordering but still look into months before getting delivery of the items. Please share your thoughts and opinion.
Sorry to hear this please shoot me your order number and I'll look into it asap and get the support team on it right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A View Post
I have always heard great things about IND and Their website and products represent that. But I went to a motorsport shop and I had ordered BMW pedals and Special Exhaust tips for 2014 M5. They sent my pedal in 5 days but the EXHAUST tips took little over 2 weeks. But that's not the bad part. I had ordered my exhaust tips to have the M logos with is an extra $100 charge and they specify that but it did not specify it would charge more for full color M logos with 3 colors stripes M LOGO. My invoice said it was so pose to be full color. Then the shop calls me and says they receive the tips and they send me pictures of the tips and I see they are gloss black tips and the M logo as I ordered but it was white logos only not the M logo with the 3 stripe colors as I ordered. So my sales man at the shop called them and they said oh I know it said it was full color but we are going to charge an extra $250 just for the M color logos to be on the tips. I WAS OUTRAGED for them lying on their website for what I ordered and giving me the tips engraved in a color I did not ask for. They did not want to stand by what my invoiced said. Since then, they now specify which color and for full color is $250 charge for the gloss black tips with M color logos. They lost my business even though I am very tempted to buy stuff because they have great products. But I was fooled and taken advantage of by IND in what was ordering I thought I paid for what I ask for and instead they gave me something else and wanted to charge me more after I received my product that I did not ask for. IND
Sorry to say this but the shop you ordered the parts from placed the order incorrectly. I can confirm this via the PO. Please send support@ind-distribution.com an email and we will take care of you right away
      06-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #12
cassidysdad
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 gone, 2016 pms m5

I too have had great luck
just call Nate
he will take care of things
IND is great
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #13
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Nothing but good things to say about IND.

However, keep in mind... EVERY organization and EVERYONE makes mistakes. The important thing is how does the org or person resolve the issue?? That's what really matter.

I too would ask, why post instead of just calling and asking the company (IND) what's going on??
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #14
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Excellent experience with IND over the past few months. Top notch in quality and service.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #15
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

I know IND is revered in this forum and I am sure they are great however what would have cost me $1000 with IND I had done for $200 by wrapping (grills gills and handles) and they look great. (Yes I understand the difference but people be smart! Money doesn't grow on trees for most of us!!) The painted reflectors are also overpriced IMHO nearly double the price for M5 vs msport and they are the same reflectors which I can confirm. (I bought clear ones for $55 IND has different prices for M5 and msport) As for the mats yes I like them however they are charging 150+\- for embroidering which is just not worth it to me. No offense to IND I just believe they take a little liberty with the M5 tax with the pricing.

However OP it's only been a few days chill these are CUSTOM it may take a while
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:51 AM   #16
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
I was griping to them about price on something I recently purchased, they got back to me right away, explained differences on things, and had phenomenal customer service. I was glad I did the order with them. Just give them an email or call Nate dog.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:19 AM   #17
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Sorry to hear this please shoot me your order number and I'll look into it asap and get the support team on it right away.

Sorry to say this but the shop you ordered the parts from placed the order incorrectly. I can confirm this via the PO. Please send support@ind-distribution.com an email and we will take care of you right away
wow.... to me this ^^^^ means " Good customer service"
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 1
      06-15-2014, 03:55 AM   #18
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post

Thanks for getting back to me. I will get the PO soon and send it to you guys. Thanks. I was not bashing your guys products. I was a little upset based on how I was misled on what I ask for and what was show on your guys website. Which caused you guys to changed your Drop down menu on the exhaust tips for m5. No Disrespect
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I am not bashing IND. I was just soliciting opinion and some of those who responded became nasty almost old hague bitchy as I guess IND is beloved in this forum. This forum was here to solicit opinions. I know most of your are millionaires or even billionaires and buying items that could cost thousands or even tens of thousands is peanuts. Anyway, I just wanted to get justification say if I order something like an exhaust system thats almost 9000 dollars and be charged right away yet be told to expect the item to come weeks or months after, and not even being offered, say to put down an initial deposit but charged the whole -- would that be something acceptable?

Has this forum become a forum only for bitches and posting questions regarding services or products or just asking opinions even about highly regarded entities become taboo?
      06-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #20
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3 View Post
I too would ask, why post instead of just calling and asking the company (IND) what's going on??
I did call IND just to ask regarding that insignicant order and the comment "pending" and was told that it usually takes 2 - 3 weeks before they could deliver that was all I was told. I did not involve Nate as this was a small order and thought that going to their website was good enough. I would have contacted Nate if it were a big ticket item.
      06-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #21
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
I know IND is revered in this forum and I am sure they are great however what would have cost me $1000 with IND I had done for $200 by wrapping (grills gills and handles) and they look great. (Yes I understand the difference but people be smart! Money doesn't grow on trees for most of us!!) The painted reflectors are also overpriced IMHO nearly double the price for M5 vs msport and they are the same reflectors which I can confirm. (I bought clear ones for $55 IND has different prices for M5 and msport) As for the mats yes I like them however they are charging 150+\- for embroidering which is just not worth it to me. No offense to IND I just believe they take a little liberty with the M5 tax with the pricing.

However OP it's only been a few days chill these are CUSTOM it may take a while
I have been using IND as starting point for many of my mods and do my shopping all around. I had never been able to buy through them. I understand Nate gave special deals to some customers but for me it rest credibility to his business if you can have different treatment (price) to each other.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:47 AM   #22
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
I did call IND just to ask regarding that insignicant order and the comment "pending" and was told that it usually takes 2 - 3 weeks before they could deliver that was all I was told. I did not involve Nate as this was a small order and thought that going to their website was good enough. I would have contacted Nate if it were a big ticket item.
totally understand. it's hard to read 'tone' over text. Best of luck to you.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0