M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-11-2013, 03:04 AM   #23
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

It's stage 2 in this video lol. Is this the same car?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:44 AM   #24
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: MB SLS AMG & BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerstar View Post
It's stage 2 in this video lol. Is this the same car?
No this is not even in the UAE
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #25
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
@GhanemMBN
This isn't the first time this talk comes up, so could you please answer following:

1) PP-Performance is an Arabic tuning company, right?
2) Has PP-Performance unlocked any M5 F10's speed limiter?
3) Post a video of a stock vs PP-Performance Stage VIP/VIP Plus/President/United Nations that you guarantee someone who pays can expect

I don't think you'll impress anyone with "ask Manhart racing who is the fastest !!111" talk, because nobody cares. Show some videos and 0-100 km/h, 0-200 km/h, 0-300 km/h, 100-200 km/h, 1/4 mile, 1000 meters and stock vs tuned videos because that is the ONLY thing that matters.
1) It is based in Abu Dhabi but has branches all over the world.
2) Yes they have
3) I will post a video of the StageVIP on the drag strip tomorrow, and ill get a video of PP vs Stock. They only figures we've got:

Here is the result we got last week on WORN tyres, in Yas Marine Circuit Drag Note that the MPH on the result slip is KMH

The DA was 660, Trap Speed in MPH: 124.038

Name:  drag.png
Views: 1673
Size:  785.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 04:17 AM   #26
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhanemMBN View Post
No this is not even in the UAE
Thanks for the answer. Which one of those M5's in that video is PP-Performance Stage 2? Other than E63 spanking both cars to a shame. Please record a video showing the difference between stock vs PP-Performance that a person who buys it can expect.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #27
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. Which one of those M5's in that video is PP-Performance Stage 2? Other than E63 spanking both cars to a shame. Please record a video showing the difference between stock vs PP-Performance that a person who buys it can expect.
A video "showing the difference" can easily be manipulated with one car being driven less aggresively. It's a much better proof of power to show time slips or similar documentation (as has been done here allready and will be done tomorrow as well).

If the car is significantly faster down the 1/4 mile than a stock car that's down to power. And, quoted 1/4 mile times for a stock M5 can be compared between several M5's that does the 1/4 mile so it's not possible to get away with a staged comparison.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
Sharpie12
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 SG/SO

1.9 60 foot on worn tires...dont' seem worn to me
      01-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
Simon*X
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: :)

I believe Ghanem ment with "Ask Manhart Racing who is the fastest" that i have seen the dyno run and i pretty much know what modifications are done to it, our MHR Exhaust being one of it. Maybe he just didnt choose the aproriate words. Just came back from the Dragstip in Yas Marina and yes it is faster then a stock M5 F10 which was running Nitto 888 drag radials as it was running low 12's.

To answer a question in advance, not we did not race the PPP M5 F10 against the Manhart Racing M5 F10 (MH5 S Biturbo) as the PPP M5 F10 is located in Abu Dhabi whereas the MHR M5 F10 is located in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
MohdHmk
Rep
Drives: M5 f10 2013

I was at the YasDrag strip today , and i must say that PP performance.ae have done a great job with their mods on the m5. i ran my M5 (bone stock on Semi Slicks) several times , with Toyo r888 315/30 20" and the best i got for the day was 12.1 (slip available).
I've been to the last 2 Drag Race events , and the best ive seen the PP performance M5 do was a 11.474 (as seen in the slip above).

Best of luck on your next tunes/mods on the beast .. hope the M5 Manages to get 11 flat or under. *thumbs up for pp performance*
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #31
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
You say its the worlds fastest M5. How fast is it? Pretty simple question. What do you want him to specify?
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #32
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohdHmk View Post
I was at the YasDrag strip today , and i must say that PP performance.ae have done a great job with their mods on the m5. i ran my M5 (bone stock on Semi Slicks) several times , with Toyo r888 315/30 20" and the best i got for the day was 12.1 (slip available).
I've been to the last 2 Drag Race events , and the best ive seen the PP performance M5 do was a 11.474 (as seen in the slip above).

Best of luck on your next tunes/mods on the beast .. hope the M5 Manages to get 11 flat or under. *thumbs up for pp performance*

hmm, they should be doing better than that. e63/cls63 do 11.3 with just a tune, stock tires...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #33
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
A video "showing the difference" can easily be manipulated with one car being driven less aggresively. It's a much better proof of power to show time slips or similar documentation (as has been done here allready and will be done tomorrow as well).

If the car is significantly faster down the 1/4 mile than a stock car that's down to power. And, quoted 1/4 mile times for a stock M5 can be compared between several M5's that does the 1/4 mile so it's not possible to get away with a staged comparison.
If you think time slips and software can't be manipulated you're wrong, whether by software (hacking measuring devices like they do to ECUs or even Photoshop) or weather, road and car's conditions (one can even show a wrong car's stats). I can continue but you get the idea.

As I mentioned it's valuable to show both, a video and statistics and the tuning company's promise to expect those is what matters. Showing fake videos and fake stats only damages a reputation so it's in their own interest to make it honest.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #34
MohdHmk
Rep
Drives: M5 f10 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
hmm, they should be doing better than that. e63/cls63 do 11.3 with just a tune, stock tires...
well , as i said my car is stock with semi slicks on. and by far through research the majority of stock m5's quarter runs are between 11.7-12.5

the downside of it all was that i couldnt do launch control due to the fact that the car is on full traction off and that causes a lot of wheelspin which made me get a quarter mile of 14 + (even with semi-slicks on)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #35
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_MHR View Post
I believe Ghanem ment with "Ask Manhart Racing who is the fastest" that i have seen the dyno run and i pretty much know what modifications are done to it, our MHR Exhaust being one of it. Maybe he just didnt choose the aproriate words. Just came back from the Dragstip in Yas Marina and yes it is faster then a stock M5 F10 which was running Nitto 888 drag radials as it was running low 12's.

To answer a question in advance, not we did not race the PPP M5 F10 against the Manhart Racing M5 F10 (MH5 S Biturbo) as the PPP M5 F10 is located in Abu Dhabi whereas the MHR M5 F10 is located in Germany.
trust me Simon, we couldn't of done it without the MHR exhaust! The hp gain from the MHR was more than Akrapovic! There will be a full engine mod and will be also installing lightweight products. Unfortunately the best time the M5 got yesterday was 11.505, and ofcourse the tyres were in bad condition. The reason I said ask MHR is because you we're there when the made the first dyno run, and because it had the MHR exhaust. Sorry if it sounded a bit wrong, but I meant nothing else. Both PP and MHR are great tuning companies!

Last edited by GhanemMBN; 01-12-2013 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: Mi
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #36
GhanemMBN
Private First Class
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohdHmk View Post
well , as i said my car is stock with semi slicks on. and by far through research the majority of stock m5's quarter runs are between 11.7-12.5

the downside of it all was that i couldnt do launch control due to the fact that the car is on full traction off and that causes a lot of wheelspin which made me get a quarter mile of 14 + (even with semi-slicks on)
we saw your car yesterday, good results, but I think you needed to heat up your tyres more. What I recommend is an MHR exhaust and a PP stage 2 tune! You'll be getting mid 11s with semi-slicks. *note that they all go under factory warranty! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #37
Simon*X
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: :)

Quote:
trust me Simon, we couldn't of done it without the MHR exhaust! The hp gain from the MHR was more than Akrapovic! There will be a full engine mod and will be also installing lightweight products. Unfortunately the best time the M5 got yesterday was 11.505, and ofcourse the tyres were in bad condition. The reason I said ask MHR is because you we're there when the made the first dyno run, and because it had the MHR exhaust. Sorry if it sounded a bit wrong, but I meant nothing else. Both PP and MHR are great tuning companies!
haha no worries.. thats why i clarified it for the others..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #38
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
If you think time slips and software can't be manipulated you're wrong, whether by software (hacking measuring devices like they do to ECUs or even Photoshop) or weather, road and car's conditions (one can even show a wrong car's stats). I can continue but you get the idea.

As I mentioned it's valuable to show both, a video and statistics and the tuning company's promise to expect those is what matters. Showing fake videos and fake stats only damages a reputation so it's in their own interest to make it honest.
I didn't say that software can't be manipulated...

But it's much easier to manipulate a run between two cars down the road. There are no set distances or comparable tests that you can compare the results with. Just a video showing one car accelerating faster than the other. That has about as much credibility as people in a Golf GTI claiming that they beat a Enzo Ferrari on the autobahn... (for instance, did both drivers accelerate maximum?). The track tests that GTBOARD does probably are one of the few YouTube acceleration contests that has some merit to it.

A drag strip time is comparable because it's set on a specified distance. You can correct for altitude differences between tracks etc. And a manipulated drag strip time will be discovered when customers take their cars down the drag strip. You can compare the times with several other M5's that has been down the track at many drag strips around the world.

Yes, you can manipulate time slips and software. But that will be discovered and will backfire big time on the company.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #39
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

this whole drag racing thread is comical. You do realize that 11's are pretty slow right? Back almost 15 years ago both my single turbo (T78) MK IV supra and my DSM AWD with a TD05-20G were in the 10's and will destroy my M5 and the Ferrari but give it some turns and braking requirements and you got a whole different ball game. The M5 is a lot more than straight line speed.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #40
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru
The M5 is a lot more than straight line speed.
The problem is - it isn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #41
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANguru View Post
this whole drag racing thread is comical. You do realize that 11's are pretty slow right? Back almost 15 years ago both my single turbo (T78) MK IV supra and my DSM AWD with a TD05-20G were in the 10's and will destroy my M5 and the Ferrari but give it some turns and braking requirements and you got a whole different ball game. The M5 is a lot more than straight line speed.
I agree that the M5 is not a drag racing car and that, even though Supra did quick times down the drag strip, the M5 would outrun it on a twisty road.

This debate is not about whether the M5 is a good drag strip car or if 11 sec 1/4 miles are quick or not. It's about how much faster the tuned M5 is vs std. M5's down the strip. That difference is a good measure of any power increase on the tuned car (all other things being equal).

So in that respect this debate is not comical at all. Taking a std. and a tuned version of the M5 down the drag strip is a good real life way of proving any hp/torque gain over the std. version.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #42
Umich
Tajikstan
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 335i, N54, DCT

Hey guys,
Warmest regards from Tajikistan!
Regarding that video it is in Russia. The black one M5 is stock, the blue one just without cat's but the E63 is pretty tuned!

If the PP-Performance will done with tune they should show the video with compares! As I know that no one company can't hack the software of F-series yet...

P.S: Mercedes with his new E63 AMG 4 matik will kill M5 cuz there many tunes for E63 but no for ///M
WTF BMW???
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #43
95 Z/28 LT1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Yes! And PP-Performance will be opening up in the states later this year.
Which state will this be?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #44
AC Schnitzer UK
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: over 200mph

DMS Automotive have cracked the top speed limit. They don't actually remove it, they just raise it so high you'll never reach it.