M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

06-02-2014, 11:59 PM   #1
bandido
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Singapore Grey

Just Finished Coding with Alex@Alpine

Hello All,

I just picked up a new 2014 Singapore Grey M5. I have been following the whole coding conversation for the past several years with my E92 M3. I never pulled the trigger because I was nervous about "what could go wrong" and it never really seemed worth it for the gains.

The new M5 has so many more tech features, but what really made me move forward was the Dazzle Free high beams and the ridiculous camera warnings that block my view when parking. I contacted Alex with Alpine Motorsports. He has been coding for years and I had only read good things.

Alex shipped out a cable and USB flash-drive with software and I sent him my coding list. I received it within days.

I plugged in and he logged in a remote session. I watched him fly through menus and change all the needed settings. Took maybe 20-30 minutes and all was done. My internet even went down once during the process and he was able to recover and keep going with no drama.

The annoying prompts and warnings are gone. I can open and close windows, trunk, fold mirrors with remote, watch videos, check tire pressures and drive around with high beams and not blind anyone!!

I appreciate the great work Alex!
Thanks again!!

Todd