M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-09-2022, 03:06 PM   #1
Marvoni27
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Probably a long shot on the f10 2013 m5 bushings but has anyone replaced the bushings on the front control arms upper and lower and thrust arm? As i was thinking to replace just the bushings but i couldn't find anything online. If you know someone who sells just the bushings please let me know. If someone who is done bushing replacement already what's your input on this? PFA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2022, 05:18 PM   #2
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

I just replaced the thrust arm (tension strut) bushing with a ball joint from Dinan. CarBahn also makes the ball joint, and I recommend the change from the stock rubber. This was in a F90 M5, but it's the same piece. I don't know about the control arms, but check with both of those suppliers, they might help.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2022, 05:28 PM   #3
Marvoni27
Rep
Drives: Bmw m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
I just replaced the thrust arm (tension strut) bushing with a ball joint from Dinan. CarBahn also makes the ball joint, and I recommend the change from the stock rubber. This was in a F90 M5, but it's the same piece. I don't know about the control arms, but check with both of those suppliers, they might help.
I spoke with Dinan yesterday and unfortunately they don't sell the bushings only, I'll have to try carBahn or maybe I'll end up doing custom bushings because i don't there's a point replacing the whole parts.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #4
SpeedProtocol
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 - '21 F90 M5

The thrust arm has a few different options. Best bet to get the powerflex ones.

https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/pr...1807#attr=1913

https://www.powerflexusa.com/shop/pr...ory=1807#attr=
2021 M5 Motegi Red- Stock
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2022, 09:55 AM   #5
vafan13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange F10 M5

I've done just the bushing on the thrust arm. Got turner monoballs on sale for $90 so figured why not. Pulled them out myself and paid a shop $50 to do the pressing. Aluminum is relatively fragile so unless you're really confident in your pressing skills, I'd pay someone who is. Squeejaw it while pressing in and one can easily damage either the arm or the monoball. And make sure the ball joints are in good shape, otherwise better off with all new ones.

For the LCA the only option is all new arms. The good news is the LCI arms (all they make now) have stiffer bushings.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 02:34 PM   #6
m5rosco
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafan13 View Post
I've done just the bushing on the thrust arm. Got turner monoballs on sale for $90 so figured why not. Pulled them out myself and paid a shop $50 to do the pressing. Aluminum is relatively fragile so unless you're really confident in your pressing skills, I'd pay someone who is. Squeejaw it while pressing in and one can easily damage either the arm or the monoball. And make sure the ball joints are in good shape, otherwise better off with all new ones.

For the LCA the only option is all new arms. The good news is the LCI arms (all they make now) have stiffer bushings.
Did you feel a noticeable difference after swapping the monoballs?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 02:13 PM   #7
propernorf
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 F10

Hey there any chance you went ahead and replaced your bushing ?

I’m looking to do the same without replacing the whole arm. And as far as my search it looks like my options are either Turner or powerflex. Any chance anyone here did the same ?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 10:40 PM   #8
Shellbrook76
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Manual Competition

I kept the OEM thrust arm but swapped to the turner monoball bushing. I track my M5 and have noticed a significant increase in stability with hard braking. No new noises. I’m very happy.
Appreciate 1
m5rosco210.50