M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

01-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

RPi Exhaust (F10 M5) Dyno results are in. OH YEA!

I said I was going back to the dyno to back up my claims and I came out swinging. Now that the ecu had a chance to adjust, these are my results. Wait for it....1st run 540hp/502tq That was good until I hit it up on my 2nd run. 2nd run 560hp/518tq The party really began when I hit a home run with my 3rd run @ 562hp/524 tq.!!!: Now thats what I'm talking about. My camera took a shit during the 3rd run so no video, but I have a pic from my cell phone on the results..RPI POWA! Thanks go out to JTranstudio for allowing me to tear up his dyno and rpi for making an exhaust that put out the powa. Ps. I'm still waiting for advertisement fees. Lol.

1st run::

2nd run::

On this 1st photo it shows my warm up run and my 1st run.
Attached Images

Country run

Last edited by boots; 01-03-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
This is great but do you have a baseline?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

482hp warm up run
540hp 1st run
560hp 2nd run
562hp 3rd run.

There was no dyno run with the stock exhaust.

Country run

Last edited by boots; 01-03-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
bclk55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 35D, 15 GT3

That is awesome Boots! Is that still a mustang dyno? I know you'll probably have higher result with dyno jet. But man that is great news.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Man thanks. Yep it is a mustang dyno. Same dyno same place. I wanted to be under the same conditions. I wanted to use a stingy dyno and not one that would read higher..lol

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Nice, but no way to know what gains are without baseline.
      01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

I totally agree with what you said Matt. Baseline is a must for comparison, but done on the same day. If I had the time, I would have. Regardless, no individual has come on here to state/prove they did a stock run before putting on their exhaust except for the companies selling their pipe. So many are in the same boat as me. My goal was just to see what my car puts out. Maybe some of the guys will take their car to the dyno. Hey if you have the time on sat, I know johnny would love to put your car on his dyno.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

As I proved in my video of my race against my friends Superleggera, the RPi exhaust definitely makes tons of power. Can't wait to get the RPi GT downpipes one day. Add like another 75whp with the downpipes! LOL!

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
bclk55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Nice, but no way to know what gains are without baseline.

Hi Matt, the Akrapović Evolution exhaust is such a great looking and sounding exhaust. The quality on that exhaust is second to none. I would love to see how your car compares to Boots' car on the same Dyno.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
bclk55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
As I proved in my video of my race against my friends Superleggera, the RPi exhaust definitely makes tons of power. Can't wait to get the RPi GT downpipes one day. Add like another 75whp with the downpipes! LOL!
Are you still doing the muffler delete?

Check this out!

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679595

http://www.bimmerzone.com/HARTGE_BMW...18100150J.html

I think your car will sound amazing if you do.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post
Hi Matt, the Akrapović Evolution exhaust is such a great looking and sounding exhaust. The quality on that exhaust is second to none. I would love to see how your car compares to Boots' car on the same Dyno.
Agreed.

I can't imagine one exhaust manufacturer finding much more power than any of the others though. Not knocking RPi, as I know they make quality products, but I don't believe marketing fluff.
      01-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclk55 View Post
Are you still doing the muffler delete?

Check this out!

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679595

http://www.bimmerzone.com/HARTGE_BMW...18100150J.html

I think your car will sound amazing if you do.
Yes, I already called RPi yesterday. Spoke to Eloy and told him that I wanted to do a section 3 full muffler delete designed by RPi. I said that if it was not possible then I would find a way to either have some independent shop design me one, or try to retrofit the Hartge section 3 to the RPi Full System. He said, no problem and it could be ready within the next 3 to 5 weeks hopefully.

I need more LOUD!!! LOL!! It's crazy to think that even with the Hartge mufflerless system, their full system still includes resonators and secondary cats, and still sounds that loud. Imagine what the RPi system will sound like with no mufflers, no cats, and no resonators!

Most people will think that I'm crazy, but I have a Sapphire Black M5, that gets like no attention from anyone, except for the random chase by CHP for sporting a badass Euro Plate. :P If I had gotten Sakhir Orange exterior color, then maybe not with the loud exhaust since the color is loud enough, but if you know anything about me I like to cause sonic booms with the sounds of my cars. I love loud things, I used to fly jets for the Air Force and Helicopters for the Navy so it's in my nature. LOL!

Oh also, RPi said that a muffler delete shouldn't affect the power generation of the system, if anything I might gain even more power.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Agreed.

I can't imagine one exhaust manufacturer finding much more power than any of the others though. Not knocking RPi, as I know they make quality products, but I don't believe marketing fluff.
Akropovic claims a 10hp gain over stock, which I think is amazing since they still have to comply with European decibal laws on their exhausts. Their build quality IS second to none I do agree, but to me they are more like pieces of art rather than performance oriented mods. If I had an Akropovic, I 'd want to permanently install a huge mirror under the car, just so I could admire its beauty. Also the titantium, while super strong and super light, is not the best metal for exhaust systems because it does not deal with heat well. Exhausts need to have flexibility of expanding and contracting in order to maximize air flow for heat disapation and power generation. That's why T-304 Stainless Steel is one of the best metals out there for exhausts and is RPi exclusively uses this type of metal. Just remember dudes, knowing is half the battle. :P

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #14
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Hey, with the delete, does it really make it that much louder. If stock is 4 and rpi is 6, how much louder do you think it will make. I just might be in for this one also.

Quote:
Yes, I already called RPi yesterday. Spoke to Eloy and told him that I wanted to do a section 3 full muffler delete designed by RPi.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #15
bclk55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I already called RPi yesterday. Spoke to Eloy and told him that I wanted to do a section 3 full muffler delete designed by RPi. I said that if it was not possible then I would find a way to either have some independent shop design me one, or try to retrofit the Hartge section 3 to the RPi Full System. He said, no problem and it could be ready within the next 3 to 5 weeks hopefully.

I need more LOUD!!! LOL!! It's crazy to think that even with the Hartge mufflerless system, their full system still includes resonators and secondary cats, and still sounds that loud. Imagine what the RPi system will sound like with no mufflers, no cats, and no resonators!

Most people will think that I'm crazy, but I have a Sapphire Black M5, that gets like no attention from anyone, except for the random chase by CHP for sporting a badass Euro Plate. :P If I had gotten Sakhir Orange exterior color, then maybe not with the loud exhaust since the color is loud enough, but if you know anything about me I like to cause sonic booms with the sounds of my cars. I love loud things, I used to fly jets for the Air Force and Helicopters for the Navy so it's in my nature. LOL!

Oh also, RPi said that a muffler delete shouldn't affect the power generation of the system, if anything I might gain even more power.
I agree, I have the RPi Gt Exhaust for a week now and overall I am more than happy with the performance. Tons of power and highway pull is not for the faint of heart, just ask my wife, and the bruises she left on my arm, LOL! The sound is definitely louder than stock, but your right, it is still not loud enough! Can't wait to hear your car with the muffler delete. Pretty sure it would sound sick!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

great numbers. thanks again for the call yesterday on the way home with the news bro, made my day. enjoy =)
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also the titantium, while super strong and super light, is not the best metal for exhaust systems because it does not deal with heat well. Exhausts need to have flexibility of expanding and contracting in order to maximize air flow for heat disapation and power generation. That's why T-304 Stainless Steel is one of the best metals out there for exhausts and is RPi exclusively uses this type of metal.
Titanium is used extensively in jet engine parts. I don't see your argument here?
      01-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Titanium is used extensively in jet engine parts. I don't see your argument here?
That's exactly right.

Random fact: No traces of titanium jet engine parts were found at the Pentagon or outside of Shanksville after the 9/11 airliners crashed. Titanium is all but indestructable and can withstand the kinds of temperatures that jet fuel burns at.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Those numbers make me love owning an M5!

MindlessMark07
///2013 M5 Alpine White/Black,Orange County CA\\\
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #20
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerwyll@trinityautosport View Post
great numbers. thanks again for the call yesterday on the way home with the news bro, made my day. enjoy =)
No worries. You knew I was happy to give you the good news.
It just shows that rpi came out swinging home runs. Now when the other rpi guys dyno their cars on the Mustang dyno and get the same results, other members cant be in denial that the powa is there. All the other guys with the other pipes need to do is get their cars on the stingy Mustang dyno and put up the video like I did. It don't matter if they get more or less hp. We like different things for various reasons. The one thing I'd really like to see rpi make is the muffler delete to get more sound. I'd dyno again after that also. Imagine even more rpi powa!!

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #21
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindlessmark07 View Post
Those numbers make me love owning an M5!
I know thats right. Now stop hugging your car and go to sleep.....LOL

Country run
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #22
SANguru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8, X5 50,M550i,Tesla, MP4-12c

I am not understanding your logic here. Why do exhaust (specifically midpipes and rear sections) have to be flexible or expand? All you are doing at that point is creating higher chances of exhaust mounts cracking and exhaust leaks. Whether you use Ti or SS it's all the same. Anything after the downpipe doesn't matter. We all know that real exhausts use inconel

Quote:
Also the titantium, while super strong and super light, is not the best metal for exhaust systems because it does not deal with heat well. Exhausts need to have flexibility of expanding and contracting in order to maximize air flow for heat disapation and power generation. That's why T-304 Stainless Steel is one of the best metals out there for exhausts and is RPi exclusively uses this type of metal. Just remember dudes, knowing is half the battle. :P
Appreciate 0