M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Cosmetic Maintenance (wash/wax, protection, repairs)

06-25-2017, 03:27 AM   #1
darrko
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Comp. Ed.

Garage List
2016 BMW M5  [0.00]
Minor accident - recommend a bumper repaint/headlight repair service in London?

Hey guys, was just in a minor run-in with another vehicle, my fault totally. His right door, my right bumper. I have a cracked headlight and paint scuffs on the bumper and a slight bend in the fender body near where it meets the bumper.

I don't want to go the insurance claim route as its my first year and I don't want to lose the no claim bonus, so I'm paying for both vehicle damage. What's the best place for me to get my M5 sorted? I was leaning towards BMW Battersea as I've been there before for a warranty issue when I first got the car but no idea if they are any good with repairs. The headlight definitely needs to be repaired.....the front cover is cracked, can they just replace that cover? The headlight body appears intact. The bumper repairs are minor, it would appear that it needs a repaint.

What kind of cost estimate am I looking at? I'm looking for someone who could do it fast and properly. Would going to BMW be more expensive? Which BMW centre would be best for this? I'm in West London.

Thanks guys, I'm still struggling to figure out how I could be so damn stupid! Any help in moving on from this would be highly appreciated.
Attached Images

2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S (retired)
2023 X5 xDrive45e

Last edited by darrko; 06-25-2017 at 03:35 AM..
Appreciate 0